Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry for posting this, but how can it not be a delay when they told us 2-4 months in November? Not sure what definition of delay they are using. In my book, it’s either a delay or a lie. I prefer to think of it as a delay, plus “grey delay” just rolls off the tongue better.

He told me the whole same thing around it being a new color and they are finalizing the harmonizing process but it is not a delay... :)
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Something interesting to note on the silver cars. I have a friend that has a light silver Tesla. However, Tesla has since discontinued the light silver (they have a midnight silver that is more of a grey) because they were having so many issues with the silver paint.

It may be the case that they don't want to use the word "delay" (despite being what it is) to avoid repercussions stock-wise.

Got to do a ride-along today with a family member that recently confirmed their order. The GT back seat is a quite nice place to be, even for someone like myself who is 6'3". The higher floor is noticeable, but during nearly an hour of driving I didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

One note for everyone: do your delivery on a weekday if you can, especially in Millbrae! They're apparently slammed on the weekends and I think the studio staff will appreciate being able to spend more time getting you set up.

For @Bockius, attached are photos of the car from the night I brought it home. Hopefully, you'll get your matching version soon!

Lucid-9.jpg
Lucid-10.jpg
Lucid-7.jpg
Lucid-8.jpg
Lucid-`.jpg
Lucid-3.jpg

Was there a picture of your car on app (with correct color)?
Yes. And when I click my profile, it shows the VIN that was emailed to me. My Apple Watch app now even shows the range, that the car is “parked” and all functions (lock, horn, trunk and frunk). Quite interesting

Yes. And when I click my profile, it shows the VIN that was emailed to me. My Apple Watch app now even shows the range, that the car is “parked” and all functions (lock, horn, trunk and frunk). Quite interesting
Does the app show the location and if it’s moving?

Can you keep activating the horn? That might encourage them to speed up delivery? 🙃

I keep seeing folks post about the wait on the Lucid and with varying bits of frustration and sometimes anger. I have said before I do want mine yesterday, however there are no vehicles I would consider that deliver any faster. The Ford F150 Lighting wait is years. The mustang Mach-E is at least 28 weeks. The dealer told my wait for a Ferrari 296 GTB would be 18 months. My Tesla Cybertrucks have been on order since 2019 and the projected delivery date is late 2024. Before I became knowledgeable on Lucid's offering I looked at the Model S. I was not really very impressed with the styling, the fit and finish and especially the cheap awkward interior, but I did try to buy a Model S long range. The rep kept trying to get me to buy a plaid. He finally told me if I wanted a long range, it would be at least 4 months. When I decided on Lucid finally, I was looking forward to something much better than the Tesla. Better looking, much better interior, better technology, more roomy and better quality, fit and finish. I also am not comfortable with Tesla doing roll-outs of driver assists that are poorly tested. Plus the Lucid not only has cameras like Tesla but Lidar / radar which will help eliminate inherent Teslas flaws in driving based on cameras only.

I was extremely concerned about a new model from a new company, but also concerned about Teslas lack of quality, so I took a chance and based off what I have been hearing on the Forums, I am happy with my choice, and I am accepting of the wait time. I had deposits down on more than just Lucid, but I finalized my choice early January. Based on the tracker, I expect a VIN within a month and the car 2-3 weeks after that. I look forward and have a trip pending receipt of my vehicle, but I have cars and a truck already, so I am not hurting.

Last edited:
Does the app show the location and if it’s moving?
Unfortunately no haha. It just says it’s on the way and not much beyond that. No robust connection like I’m assuming once officially connected. The watch app still is connected but intermittent with “unable to connect to vehicle” at times.

Attachments

• 8C45040F-45F0-416B-98C3-B017661D8CE1.png
    8C45040F-45F0-416B-98C3-B017661D8CE1.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 114
I keep seeing folks post about the wait on the Lucid and with varying bits of frustration and sometimes anger. I have said before I do want mine yesterday, however there are no vehicles I would consider that deliver any faster. The Ford F150 Lighting wait is years. The mustang Mach-E is at least 28 weeks. The dealer told my wait for a Ferrari 296 GTB would be 18 months. My Tesla Cybertrucks have been on order since 2019 and the projected delivery date is late 2024. Before I became knowledgeable on Lucid's offering I looked at the Model S. I was not really very impressed with the styling, the fit and finish and especially the cheap awkward interior, but I did try to buy a Model S long range. The rep kept trying to get me to buy a plaid. He finally told me if I wanted a long range, it would be at least 4 months. When I decide on Lucid finally, I was looking forward to something much better than the Tesla. Better looking, much better interior, better technology, more roomy and better quality, fit and finish. I also am not comfortable with Tesla doing roll-outs of driver assists that are poorly tested. Plus the Lucid not only has cameras like Tesla but Lidar / radar which will help eliminate inherent Teslas flaws in driving based on cameras only.

I was extremely concerned about a new model from a new company, but also concerned about Teslas lack of quality, so I took a chance and based off what I have been hearing on the Forums, I am happy with my choice, and I am accepting of the wait time. I had deposits down on more than just Lucid, but I finalized my choice early January. Based on the tracker, I expect a VIN within a month and the car 2-3 weeks after that. I look forward and have a trip pending receipt of my vehicle, but I have cars and a truck already, so I am not hurting.
All good and reasons we all went with Lucid. I’ll add this for context. When you finally get your Cybertruck in 2024, after waiting since 2019, hopefully they honor your early reservation, commitment, and communicate with you any issues that would complicate delivery of your Cybertruck, or cause it to be delayed further once they start deliveries to customers. Otherwise, I’m sure your level of frustration would be high if they start delivering the truck to people who order it at the end of 2023 while you have been waiting since 2019. Waiting for them to make the vehicle perfect is hard, but you know everyone is in the same boat. Waiting while seeing late adopters get their Cybertruck may test your patience. Just saying……

Reactions: FFT
All good and reasons we all went with Lucid. I’ll add this for context. When you finally get your Cybertruck in 2024, after waiting since 2019, hopefully they honor your early reservation, commitment, and communicate with you any issues that would complicate delivery of your Cybertruck, or cause it to be delayed further once they start deliveries to customers. Otherwise, I’m sure your level of frustration would be high if they start delivering the truck to people who order it at the end of 2023 while you have been waiting since 2019. Waiting for them to make the vehicle perfect is hard, but you know everyone is in the same boat. Waiting while seeing late adopters get their Cybertruck may test your patience. Just saying……
Yeah, my Lucid GT would have been July at the earliest if I had not been flexible on color choice. I assume yours is grey or silver? Originally I chose silver. The Cybertruck will also be made in a sequence, with the Quad motor first, followed by the dual and finally a single motor. The 2 tri-motors I ordered will likely never be delivered, and Tesla will ask for more money to upgrade to the quad. Tesla does not have any communications except when Musk does a tweet. Musk's tweets are typically just intended to secure market share, rather than inform the buyers and keep himself as the center of attention.

Wheel choices apparently are something we get delayed for. I took the standard 21"

Last edited:
I spoke to my DA for the first time, he told me the same deal with the grey color, that it is not an issue, they are getting to them. He even told me there are VINs being assigned by the end of this month and early next month for the grey GTs.

He told me the whole same thing around it being a new color and they are finalizing the harmonizing process but it is not a delay... :)

I am referencing what @BradSholl said over here. Maybe I have the same DA. :)
My DA told me the same thing today - should have VIN by end of month and delivery 1-2 weeks later. He claimed paint issue was solved and greys were “in production “.

My DA told me the same thing today - should have VIN by end of month and delivery 1-2 weeks later. He claimed paint issue was solved and greys were “in production “.
My take is that we have pretty strong evidence from various postings on this board that our question on whether the grey paint issue is going to continue to delay production / delivery has been heard and answered. When I spoke to him last week, I didn't ask my DA to give detail, just a bottom line confirmation that my 2/15/22 order for Grey / Santa Cruz was still on track for the 4 month delivery window. He was aware of the level of attention on the subject, thanks to the members here who have rightly called it out, so for me now it's simply time to wait (with anticipation and a fair amount of excitement).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back