Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
more than 100 cars available outside the factory. Seems the bottleneck is the local SC's.
Picked up my car at Riviera Beach late this afternoon. There were at least 50 cars there waiting for final inspection and pick up/delivery to customers, including at least 5 Dreams. Shop only had 4 bays with lifts that I noticed. So agree bottleneck very well might be the local SC’s.

Picked up my car at Riviera Beach late this afternoon. There were at least 50 cars there waiting for final inspection and pick up/delivery to customers, including at least 5 Dreams. Shop only had 4 bays with lifts that I noticed. So agree bottleneck very well might be the local SC’s.

You picked up AND........first impressions?

Yes! We need to see the unicorn

You picked up AND........first impressions?
First, @noobzilla’s rendering was totally accurate and better than any picture I could take in the rainy weather when I picked the car up. Seeing it in person did not dissuade me from wanting the Mojave door upholstery. Lucid will work with PPF shop to get that taken care of before I get back in a few weeks. I spent an hour with Malique who was very thorough and helpful explaining all the UI. I’ve probably read every post here and looked at a dozen videos and was amazed how much I didn’t know. Like many others, I’m not delighted with music options. For some bizarre reason, I thought they streamed Apple Music. Anyway, I can tell already the phone as key is not great after car is asleep. You can work around it but not optimal. As far as resets go, he said the turn signal, close door etc was the one he recommended. He pointed out where to mount the transponder - you really can’t see any difference in the windshield. I was a little disappointed they don’t have auto high beams yet. I’ve really grown accustomed to that on dark Connecticut streets. That’s slated for a future OTA. He had no clue on Apple Play or the Android equivalent. I was shocked they had actual license plate mounted and not a temporary. They print them right in the service center. So no need to check screws etc. I asked about the tire repair kit and voila: Was told I was first one to get it. Cost $110 I think. I also ordered a set of replacement mats that they will send to my house. Cost was something like $250. So other than dropping the car off for PPF or things like that, I don’t plan on using the weather tech mats. Drive home was great. Much better than pre production test drive. Picked up my wife and had dinner out and people kept walking up to the car to admire it and ask questions. All good.

Attachments

• E57EB8DA-41A7-4B5B-971C-46BA1AA0286F.jpeg
    E57EB8DA-41A7-4B5B-971C-46BA1AA0286F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 154
. I also ordered a set of replacement mats that they will send to my house. Cost was something like $250..
I did not know that was an available option. I guess you are talking about the floor mats. I wanted a replacement set of Mojave floor mats for my Santa Cruz interior. Did mention that to my DA but haven't heard back about that yet.

First, @noobzilla’s rendering was totally accurate and better than any picture I could take in the rainy weather when I picked the car up. Seeing it in person did not dissuade me from wanting the Mojave door upholstery. Lucid will work with PPF shop to get that taken care of before I get back in a few weeks. I spent an hour with Malique who was very thorough and helpful explaining all the UI. I’ve probably read every post here and looked at a dozen videos and was amazed how much I didn’t know. Like many others, I’m not delighted with music options. For some bizarre reason, I thought they streamed Apple Music. Anyway, I can tell already the phone as key is not great after car is asleep. You can work around it but not optimal. As far as resets go, he said the turn signal, close door etc was the one he recommended. He pointed out where to mount the transponder - you really can’t see any difference in the windshield. I was a little disappointed they don’t have auto high beams yet. I’ve really grown accustomed to that on dark Connecticut streets. That’s slated for a future OTA. He had no clue on Apple Play or the Android equivalent. I was shocked they had actual license plate mounted and not a temporary. They print them right in the service center. So no need to check screws etc. I asked about the tire repair kit and voila: Was told I was first one to get it. Cost $110 I think. I also ordered a set of replacement mats that they will send to my house. Cost was something like $250. So other than dropping the car off for PPF or things like that, I don’t plan on using the weather tech mats. Drive home was great. Much better than pre production test drive. Picked up my wife and had dinner out and people kept walking up to the car to admire it and ask questions. All good.
How does one go about ordering replacement floor mats?

That's crazy that they print them there. Here in CA you get a temporary paper plate.

Oh dang, I need that tire repair kit!

I asked someone in service department who said sure. Will take a couple of weeks. She didn’t understand why more people don’t order them. That $250 was for front and rear.
I asked for a different color from Customer Service and they said they would let me know when I could do that, haha.

Strange the mistake was made, sorry for that. I do think the two toned front to rear can add to this mistake. I originally wanted a factory tour. Would be interesting to see how supplies are delivered to installer.
On most final assembly lines the doors are removed from the vehicle once the vehicle comes out of paint. The doors are then moved as a set to a separate door assembly area where glass, handles, locks, mirror and trim panel hardware are installed. The completed doors are then reunited with the vehicle and reinstalled further down the assembly line after all the interior assembly is completed. Depending on the level of automation managing material handling for the doors, there can be several opportunities for error. But in any case, it is the responsibility of the assembler reinstalling the doors to make sure they match.

Last edited:
With 12 years headstart, even Tesla still has manufacture mistakes.

With the latest delivery of the Tesla X, quite a few got .....different tire brands between left/right or front/rear. Unfortunately, too many fanbois defended this as "normal". Couple of people also got their Y without ....brakepads installed :).

To be fair, most OEM have dealerships. How many cars are direct to consumer (Tesla)?

True, so Rivian and Tesla don't allow pickup at factory then either right? Maybe it's a US legal thing because you can do it in Europe...

You may be right. I picked up a BMW 540i 6-speed at the BMW factory in Germany almost 20 years ago.

If Lucid is going to meet the production goal, the bottleneck is at the Studio/ delivery point. It's beginning to not look like the car carriers to me.

I wonder if it's a law as well. Being direct to consumer, I've purchased other items at the factory. Weather Tech was the last.

I wonder how much has to do with final inspection or customers lagging in getting their cars

I wonder how much has to do with final inspection or customers lagging in getting their cars

I am curious how intensive this PDI is. Some people have reported it taking weeks for them to get to their car and finish it. Others less than a day.

I think it is more complicated than just the inspection. Many of these cars are being delivered to people's homes and, with each such delivery, they are sending a Delivery Representative to go over the car with the customer. The coordination seems to be extensive and the number of personnel needed seems monumental. Take a place like Charlotte, closest Service Center is over 600+ miles away. I would think the logistics for delivering out of there would be a nightmare. First, they ship a truckload of cars to Riviera Beach. They then do their inspection on those 5-6 cars. Each car is most likely going to a different city (maybe they can do two a day, but they are most likely in their own covered car carrier (not unlike how classic cars or exotic cars are shipped today). The Rep has to travel to wherever the car is being delivered, meaning he can only do one or two deliveries a day. Does the weather further complicate things? Not sure. Logistics nightmare in my opinion.

That's my SC as well. That's a lot of cars. I don't see how Lucid can meet their projected delivery schedule when the factory starts cranking 50 cars a day with so few SCs.

Should get better when home delivery is not an option anymore

They are going to have to add many, many more SC's before that happens, essentially solving the problem anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back