Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems there are quite a number of cars out of production, so the next month should be very telling as to whether Lucid has ramped up enough in the service / logistics area to manage the delivery process to meet the year end projections. Solving the backlog of early reservations and managing deliveries is their "opportunity" (how I've heard them describe "challenges"). Are there enough staff, and transport vehicles? I've offered to pick my car up if it would make an appreciable difference in timing, and you have to wonder when home deliveries will end. I'd love to hear from those who get the first deliveries from Chicago (which hasn't taken place yet): what ended up being the timing from notification of VIN, arrival to the Service Center, and ultimately delivery to your home? I'm optimistically hopeful to hear good news for the early reservation holders this week.
I think home delivery has to continue indefinitely, at least for some of us.
I am over 800 miles from the nearest center. I would be extremely reluctant to pick up the car and drive that distance with such a learning curve ahead of me.

In fact, I am still very concerned about my remoteness and the inevitability of having problems with the car.

Apparently, there are no immediate plans to have a service center in the inner mountain west that encompasses Idaho and Utah.
I think one will end up in Denver ,but I am hoping for a Salt Lake center. Well, now I am on a bit of a tangent. 😊😊😊

Last edited:

“Waiting to ship”, seems like logistics is a big hold up (something we already knew).
This looks like an Air Touring. I didn't know they were now making that version. I'm hoping I'm reading it correctly as I have an AT reservation from Aug, 21. Also, just saw my first Lucid in the "wild" in Rancho Mirage, CA yesterday. Couldn't get the phone out fast enough to take a picture.

This looks like an Air Touring. I didn't know they were now making that version. I'm hoping I'm reading it correctly as I have an AT reservation from Aug, 21. Also, just saw my first Lucid in the "wild" in Rancho Mirage, CA yesterday. Couldn't get the phone out fast enough to take a picture.
It's a GT. If you click and open the pic, you see this:
FP70cpyXIAAJQU6.jpeg

I think final destination matters quite a bit as far as the timing window. My car is out of production this last week but still needs to go to Chicago for inspection and then to New York. They are still telling me 3-4 weeks till delivery.
Yes. My new DA indicated that when the Grey cars are **finally** given VINs, that I should be on the short end of the 2-6 week delivery window post-VIN because of the proximity of Costa Mesa. Of course, I told him I am skeptical of any timing, especially when they are trying to make it sound shorter.

Anxiously awaiting a VIN for my quantum grey AGT (order completed on January 5). Was told "mid to late April", but am not overly optimistic at this point given the apparent 'grey delay'.
I would be surprised on that mid to mid April Date. I’m a November confirmation. My VIN was supposed to be Monday but they pushed it to mid to late April and some November confirmations are being told early May. So I doubt a January one gets a VIN in that timeline

I reserved a Touring on 12/30/21. Upgraded reservation on 4/8/22 for an AGT, Zenith Red with 21 inch wheels. Received invite to order on 4/9/22 and have a call with my DA on 4/13/22.

I’m impressed by how fast things have escalated since upgrading my reservation. Curious how long it is taking right now to receive a Vin after getting the phone appointment for Red, white and black orders.

I am wondering on these quick upgrade speeds if it is due to someone cancelling shortly before you upgraded with the same configuration.

The reservation date of December stays when upgrading. Since they have already processed December reservations (as well in those in March) any upgrade will get an immediate invite to order. In fact, there are hardly any GT reservations left to process into orders, so people who place a GT reservation today will get an invite to order within weeks. Just a matter of time before they start the Touring orders. The only backlog is all the orders for Grey and silver cars. They will start producing and delivering Tourings in black, white and red quickly if they don’t have the Grey “harmonized“ in the next few weeks.

I reserved a Touring on 12/30/21. Upgraded reservation on 4/8/22 for an AGT, Zenith Red with 21 inch wheels. Received invite to order on 4/9/22 and have a call with my DA on 4/13/22.

I’m impressed by how fast things have escalated since upgrading my reservation. Curious how long it is taking right now to receive a Vin after getting the phone appointment for Red, white and black orders.

Which interior did you choose?

No more batches going forward since confirmation is now immediate.

There are still no VIN’s issued for grey cars. I was told last Thursday to expect a VIN “mid to late April, maybe first week in May”. My confirmation date was mid-November. We’ll see. Will grey cars get ViN’s before Tourings??? Well, probably not Grey or Silver Tourings…

There are still no VIN’s issued for grey cars. I was told last Thursday to expect a VIN “mid to late April, maybe first week in May”. My confirmation date was mid-November. We’ll see. Will grey cars get ViN’s before Tourings??? Well, probably not Grey or Silver Tourings…

I don't think they've even confirmed any Tourings which are Q3 delivery on the website. I hope that Grays get delivered before Tourings do. I do think Tourings will be delivered synchronously with Silver Grand Touring deliveries.

Just doing some mental math….. Now that we are in April, I am curious as to when the first Touring confirmations will start.The delivery window would put anything confirmed today into August. Based on the last stated 25k reservations, with the average sales price and that fact that GT >T, we had at most 5k GTs, perhaps 6k by this time. Thus they are expecting to have produced 5000 cars, by August out of their stated 12-14k deliveries for the year. That means they will have to produce up to 2000 cars per month for the last 5 months to meat their goals.

Just doing some mental math….. Now that we are in April, I am curious as to when the first Touring confirmations will start.The delivery window would put anything confirmed today into August. Based on the last stated 25k reservations, with the average sales price and that fact that GT >T, we had at most 5k GTs, perhaps 6k by this time. Thus they are expecting to have produced 5000 cars, by August out of their stated 12-14k deliveries for the year. That means they will have to produce up to 2000 cars per month for the last 5 months to meat their goals.

My guess is no earlier than May 1 giving the same 2-4 month timeframe allowing 2-month to be July 1st aka Q3. We are at a point where if you reserve a Grand Touring, it is an immediate/next-day confirmation and people who confirmed in March with non-Gray/Silver color are given an estimate of end-of-May. That gives all of June to finish off remaining orders of non-Gray/Silver and hopefully they can progressively fill Gray orders throughout May/June.

My guess is no earlier than May 1 giving the same 2-4 month timeframe allowing 2-month to be July 1st aka Q3. We are at a point where if you reserve a Grand Touring, it is an immediate/next-day confirmation and people who confirmed in March with non-Gray/Silver color are given an estimate of end-of-May. That gives all of June to finish off remaining orders of non-Gray/Silver and hopefully they can progressively fill Gray orders throughout May/June.
Well, You are more optimistic than me. The 2-month timeline is a joke. Even if a Touring were confirmed today, it would still be Q3. But I will agree that it will be later than earlier for the first order confirmations, mainly because I don’t believe that Lucid is making their production targets. And would argue, based on their current production status, that there will not be a Touring delivered until September and very possibly delayed until Q4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back