Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you tell your DA that? My DA (actually his Boss) wanted to know if I would do that a few weeks ago, but I told him I wanted what I ordered. I would not be too shocked to see you get an alternate if they know you will take it. Good Luck!

I, too, have a trip planned that Lucid is very aware of and have been told on numerous occasions by Lucid that they should have no problem delivering before then. Well, that was up until my last conversation in which there was a bit of hedging. They are still hopeful. I am going to be out of the country starting mid-June for about a month. We'll see, but I am not too optimistic, or pessimistic for that matter. Now, no VIN by the end of the month will definitely make for more anxiety.

Another entry for the tracker (hopefully this is the right place to provide the info):

Air Grand Touring
White/Mojave
Pre-ordered: 11/6/21
Confirmed: 12/14/21
VIN assigned: 3/10/22
Car completed assembly and moved to Chicago for QA: approx. 3/28/22
Home delivery to Minneapolis, MN: 4/9/22
Ok. they will barely hit the delivery 2-4 month delivery window for a white. Looking like MAYBE they are getting down to 4 weeks after VIN to delivery.

Did you tell your DA that? My DA (actually his Boss) wanted to know if I would do that a few weeks ago, but I told him I wanted what I ordered. I would not be too shocked to see you get an alternate if they know you will take it. Good Luck!

I, too, have a trip planned that Lucid is very aware of and have been told on numerous occasions by Lucid that they should have no problem delivering before then. Well, that was up until my last conversation in which there was a bit of hedging. They are still hopeful. I am going to be out of the country starting mid-June for about a month. We'll see, but I am not too optimistic, or pessimistic for that matter. Now, no VIN by the end of the month will definitely make for more anxiety.

I have a immediate road trip planned, I am not sure how logistics will work out for delivery. Doesn't seem like it should be this difficult, since I am the opposite, I have an AGT that I am looking to have June 24th. This should be clearly in the last group and all that confirmed with me Dec 28th should have had their delivery already.

I have had several trips that I had figured it was a no brainer to have had my car for, including one in two weeks - 5 months into the 2-4 month delivery window.

Your trip is later than mine, scheduled now for the end of May, pushed to then several weeks ago when I was told that VIN should be assigned today, as a matter of fact. After my conversation last week, I am doubtful as to whether it will be delivered, although the DA was saying “I think so, we are getting cars out faster after VIN, especially to the Costa Mesa center.” I don’t have much more to push it, so it might be sittiing at Costa Mesa for a month until I get back if they don’t get their act together.

I have a immediate road trip planned, I am not sure how logistics will work out for delivery. Doesn't seem like it should be this difficult, since I am the opposite, I have an AGT that I am looking to have June 24th. This should be clearly in the last group and all that confirmed with me Dec 28th should have had their delivery already.
Perhaps. Depends on the color. For you that will be about 6 months the 2-4 month window. That is right where I am sitting today with my trip.

Another entry for the tracker (hopefully this is the right place to provide the info):

Air Grand Touring
White/Mojave
Pre-ordered: 11/6/21
Confirmed: 12/14/21
VIN assigned: 3/10/22
Car completed assembly and moved to Chicago for QA: approx. 3/28/22
Home delivery to Minneapolis, MN: 4/9/22
Wow, I think you’re the first in the Twin Cities. Can you share a bit about the communication and delivery? I have one coming (to Saint Paul) in June; curious about how well the Chicago deliveries will go. How long did you take for walk around & set up, and was anything not up to par?

Wow, I think you’re the first in the Twin Cities. Can you share a bit about the communication and delivery? I have one coming (to Saint Paul) in June; curious about how well the Chicago deliveries will go. How long did you take for walk around & set up, and was anything not up to par?
He was delivering another one the next day, so I know there are at least two!

I had a very good experience throughout the entire process. My DA got me regular updates, and things more or less happened when he said they would. Hand off to the delivery person (called an SA?) was smooth. All of the registration paperwork showed up about a week before delivery and included a Fedex envelope to send everything back to them (just needed a couple notarized signatures).

Car arrived by trailer and took maybe 15 minutes or so to unload. The Lucid guy took a lot of pictures and supervised the unloading-- this was purely for use with the shipper and to ensure there was no damage during shipping, etc.

It seemed to me that the SA would have spent as little or as much time going over things as I wanted. He went through getting everything set up: fobs added, phone added, home link, facial recognition, profile, etc. Everything worked first try, but you could tell he was ready for some things not to set up easily (he mentioned Homelink seemed to be having problems). I had read up on most everything, so really did not need a lot of introduction. We talked a little about after-sale support such as how service would work, etc. He gave me his cell phone number and encouraged me to reach out to him directly if I needed anything.

My first 100 miles impression is the car is great-- feels like a step up from my previous Model S(s). The software and UI is pretty janky and needs a lot of work, but I was prepared for that. In general, it seems like they have no real UI strategy for how to use the screens. The pilot screen barely has anything on it, buttons on the left side are things I would rarely use, switching between navigation and audio is almost impossible, etc. Locking/unlocking is also currently pretty subpar. I fully expect all of these things to steadily improve over time, and they are not lessening my enjoyment (yet). The most important thing is that the driving part of the car feels flawless. Really heavy regenerative breaking (which I really like), way better handing than the Model S, tons of power, overall tight/quiet feel. Feels sportier than I anticipated.

I had a very good experience throughout the entire process. My DA got me regular updates, and things more or less happened when he said they would.
Can you PM me the name of your DA? That has not been my experience to date. Got no updates with the first one. I had to inquire what was going on. With the one they reassigned me to, he said he would email me his contact information and that was 5 days ago now. Crickets…..

Hand off to the delivery person (called an SA?) was smooth. All of the registration paperwork showed up about a week before delivery and included a Fedex envelope to send everything back to them (just needed a couple notarized signatures).
i am going to have to arrange for a notary? They don’t use DocuSign? Thought they were more advanced being in Silicon Valley.

He was delivering another one the next day, so I know there are at least two!

I had a very good experience throughout the entire process. My DA got me regular updates, and things more or less happened when he said they would. Hand off to the delivery person (called an SA?) was smooth. All of the registration paperwork showed up about a week before delivery and included a Fedex envelope to send everything back to them (just needed a couple notarized signatures).

Car arrived by trailer and took maybe 15 minutes or so to unload. The Lucid guy took a lot of pictures and supervised the unloading-- this was purely for use with the shipper and to ensure there was no damage during shipping, etc.

It seemed to me that the SA would have spent as little or as much time going over things as I wanted. He went through getting everything set up: fobs added, phone added, home link, facial recognition, profile, etc. Everything worked first try, but you could tell he was ready for some things not to set up easily (he mentioned Homelink seemed to be having problems). I had read up on most everything, so really did not need a lot of introduction. We talked a little about after-sale support such as how service would work, etc. He gave me his cell phone number and encouraged me to reach out to him directly if I needed anything.

My first 100 miles impression is the car is great-- feels like a step up from my previous Model S(s). The software and UI is pretty janky and needs a lot of work, but I was prepared for that. In general, it seems like they have no real UI strategy for how to use the screens. The pilot screen barely has anything on it, buttons on the left side are things I would rarely use, switching between navigation and audio is almost impossible, etc. Locking/unlocking is also currently pretty subpar. I fully expect all of these things to steadily improve over time, and they are not lessening my enjoyment (yet). The most important thing is that the driving part of the car feels flawless. Really heavy regenerative breaking (which I really like), way better handing than the Model S, tons of power, overall tight/quiet feel. Feels sportier than I anticipated.
Outstanding to hear - congrats! One thing I was worried about is that something would be off at delivery & it would have to be returned (or a scheduled pick up required later). Goose Island is a long 400 miles away. I’m curious what your DA said about how service would work (what would be done locally vs. Chicago). Interesting they didn’t bundle the deliveries on the same day…assuming it was a one car trailer at end of the day?

By any chance is your DA from the TC? Mine happens to be, though works out of SoCal. Glad to hear SA was sharp.

When I did my test drive I completely ignored the software experience and was convinced it would be ok just by how much I loved driving the car. Yes, that may change, but glad to hear so many new owners still feel the same.

Can you PM me the name of your DA? That has not been my experience to date. Got no updates with the first one. I had to inquire what was going on. With the one they reassigned me to, he said he would email me his contact information and that was 5 days ago now. Crickets…..
Sorry, not comfortable giving out his info.

i am going to have to arrange for a notary? They don’t use DocuSign? Thought they were more advanced being in Silicon Valley.
Totally dependent on what state you are in and what their registration requirements are. FWIW, they indicated in the documents to call my SA, if I needed any help scheduling a notary. I just ran to the bank, not a big deal.

Outstanding to hear - congrats! One thing I was worried about is that something would be off at delivery & it would have to be returned (or a scheduled pick up required later). Goose Island is a long 400 miles away. I’m curious what your DA said about how service would work (what would be done locally vs. Chicago). Interesting they didn’t bundle the deliveries on the same day…assuming it was a one car trailer at end of the day?
Pretty sure it was a two car trailer (?)-- was not a big car hauler. They got to my place about 5pm, so I am guessing it was just a time-of-day thing.

I am nervous about how service will work as well, but they are saying all the right things. Since these are the first cars in the region, he said they have already established who the point people are for remote service in your driveway, getting loaners, pick-ups to take back to the shop, etc. He seemed confident they would take care of whatever might come up.

By any chance is your DA from the TC? Mine happens to be, though works out of SoCal. Glad to hear SA was sharp.
Not sure, but I think he is out of Newark, CA.

When I did my test drive I completely ignored the software experience and was convinced it would be ok just by how much I loved driving the car. Yes, that may change, but glad to hear so many new owners still feel the same.
The software is pretty laughable at the moment, but I am very intentionally participating in the early growing pains. The car dynamics are spot on, and that is what matters most (to me) for these early builds.

Sorry, not comfortable giving out his info.
that is fine. Just wanted to find a DA who is competent. Have not experienced that yet.

Cars have returned to the top section aligning with reports of potential supply shortage. At least 5 Dreams in the lot today, according to Bear, so Q1 did not deliver all 520 Dreams.

Today:

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 4.12.55 PM.png

As someone in Chicago, if anyone is getting their car in Chicago, could you please track VIN assignment -> Leave factory -> Arrive in Chicago -> Pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back