Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "good" thing is that if they miss their goal, it will be status quo for the world.

Well, You are more optimistic than me. The 2-month timeline is a joke. Even if a Touring were confirmed today, it would still be Q3. But I will agree that it will be later than earlier for the first order confirmations, mainly because I don’t believe that Lucid is making their production targets. And would argue, based on their current production status, that there will not be a Touring delivered until September and very possibly delayed until Q4.

I’m saying at the earliest they’re on the hook for Q3. I don’t believe they will ever confirm to deliver within the two month span this year but if they wait until May 1, they don’t have to deliver the first Touring until Q3 as stated.

Good idea. I dropped him an email but got an ‘out of office’ auto-reply. Hopefully some news soon!
I called and my DA was able to tell me that the car was on its way to Scottsdale. Let me know what you fined out.
I just paid for mine now. I hope to pick it up in the next day or so

I called and my DA was able to tell me that the car was on its way to Scottsdale. Let me know what you fined out.
I just paid for mine now. I hope to pick it up in the next day or so
Congrats!

My DA is out of the office, but I called the general delivery line and discovered that my car is currently at the Costa Mesa service center undergoing final inspection prior to delivery to my home in San Diego. Was told that there’s a ‘good chance’ that I’ll get my car this week. Fingers crossed!

My DA is out of the office, but I called the general delivery line and discovered that my car is currently at the Costa Mesa service center undergoing final inspection prior to delivery to my home in San Diego. Was told that there’s a ‘good chance’ that I’ll get my car this week. Fingers crossed!
Woot! Good news for a number of people so far today.

Awesome congrats to you too

Are they delivering it to you in SD at no charge? Just curious since my old DA said they would charge me if I wanted home delivery. It will be good to know.

Just spoke with a service guy from BH, said the holdup is 50/50 between PDI and customers just not taking their cars. GO get your cars!

Just spoke with a service guy from BH, said the holdup is 50/50 between PDI and customers just not taking their cars. GO get your cars!
And for the busier centers like Millbrae, do it on a weekday if you can. The staff are pretty underwater on the weekends due to the volume of deliveries.

Are they delivering it to you in SD at no charge? Just curious since my old DA said they would charge me if I wanted home delivery. It will be good to know.
The guy on the delivery line spoke in a way that basically assumed that I’m taking home delivery and I haven’t heard of any additional fee and there was no such fee quoted on my final price sheet, so I’m not sure. Will update as I get more info. Many mysteries to the lucid mind.

I am sure investors want to know how many are not going through with their reservations and orders...

I am sure investors want to know how many are not going through with their reservations and orders...
Sorry, wrong implication, it's not that they are cancelling their orders, rather they are pushing off taking delivery for a week or waiting foe the weekend. Just an overall delay in physically taking the car home.

Sorry, wrong implication, it's not that they are cancelling their orders, rather they are pushing off taking delivery for a week or waiting foe the weekend. Just an overall delay in physically taking the car home.
You better believe I'll do everything I can to adjust my schedule as needed to get my car from BH as soon as it's ready for pickup.

I think a lot of that is the lack of communication. If Lucid keeps up you up to date on the status, then the cars can be arranged for delivery soon after they arrive at the delivery center. If production delays cause someone to be out of town when the car arrives, then it will sit at the facility. That may very well happen to my car. I have no clue as to where they are in production and have a trip planned. I was really wanting to have the car for the trip and have been delaying the trip as much as possible due to the production delays. if they don’t have it and I have delayed the trip as long as I can, then it will be sitting there for a month. If I had a better idea as to the real production timelines and knew the delivery was not going to be possible, then I might have scheduled the trip earlier so that I am arriving home at about the same time when the car is delivered.

You better believe I'll do everything I can to adjust my schedule as needed to get my car from BH as soon as it's ready for pickup.
I am doing that, but it only works up to a point without communication from their end.

If someone is cancelling a GT, 19” wheels, with Santa Cruz interior and it is sitting at the delivery center, I will take it. I’m not picky on the exterior color.

Another entry for the tracker (hopefully this is the right place to provide the info):

Air Grand Touring
White/Mojave
Pre-ordered: 11/6/21
Confirmed: 12/14/21
VIN assigned: 3/10/22
Car completed assembly and moved to Chicago for QA: approx. 3/28/22
Home delivery to Minneapolis, MN: 4/9/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back