Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver for sure - grey? not too sure... I think they will deliver grey later this month or early next month.
No Grey VINs yet so don’t think this month will happen. Possible in May, but we are rapidly getting into the 2-6 week delivery schedule post VIN for that to happen.

No Grey VINs yet so don’t think this month will happen. Possible in May, but we are rapidly getting into the 2-6 week delivery schedule post VIN for that to happen.
My DA told me a few days ago, grey VINs will be assigned in the next couple of weeks.

Yea, my DA told me that exact same thing over a month ago. I will believe it when I see it. As I told my DA last week, Lucid has lost all credibility with me with respect to time estimates, surprise me and make one.

Yea, my DA told me that exact same thing over a month ago. I will believe it when I see it. As I told my DA last week, Lucid has lost all credibility with me with respect to time estimates, surprise me and make one.
what did you order?

Oh ****, here we go. Sorry to those who are tired of seeing this. I ordered a Quantum Grey, Mojave Interior, 21" wheels. Order placed on 1/2/21, confirmed 11/16/21, told 2-4 months, told color would not impact delivery date, told delivery should closely follow order/confirm date.

Oh ****, here we go. Sorry to those who are tired of seeing this. I ordered a Quantum Grey, Mojave Interior, 21" wheels. Order placed on 1/2/21, confirmed 11/16/21, told 2-4 months, told color would not impact delivery date, told delivery should closely follow order/confirm date.
I am sorry, that must be so frustrating. I am Quantum Grey Tahoe 19" but ordered a year after you and confirmed March 29th.

Well, most likely, even though you ordered a year after me and confirmed 4.5 months after me, your delivery might only be 1 month after me, seems to be the way this is going. My latest VIN ETA is "mid-late April, possibly first week of May". The DA said that he did not think it would be the first week of May, but there must have been something that made him say that.

told color would not impact delivery date, told delivery should closely follow order/confirm date.
Yeah, that was a silly thing to say. Especially after (I forget who)’s DA put up a hissy fit about gray isn’t delayed and this is just how production works going one by one on color and that it’s all speculation and they are actually on time. If it’s standard production procedure - say that. Don’t say you’ll produce based on reservation date and then go against that.

I am sorry, that must be so frustrating. I am Quantum Grey Tahoe 19" but ordered a year after you and confirmed March 29th.
@Neurio reserved in 2019 And still waiting!

Are you just trying to raise my BP???:D

For some reason, I am getting this incredible feeling of Deja Vu., but, heck, I get that every time I talk to my DA with "Hopefully Soon".

Last edited:
I’m in same boat. Confirmed order 11/16/21 Quatum grey,Mojave interior with 19 “ wheels. Keep getting same delay answers from DA. Yesterday I sent email again and said I should be getting VIN by mid April. We’ll see…

I’m in same boat. Confirmed order 11/16/21 Quatum grey,Mojave interior with 19 “ wheels. Keep getting same delay answers from DA. Yesterday I sent email again and said I should be getting VIN by mid April. We’ll see…
Yep, he said those who ordered early should get the VINs in the next couple of weeks and the rest will follow fast.

🤞🤞🤞

Still two motors, starts in June, 50 under Dream horsepower, less range

List price: $179,000
I don’t understand the wisdom of introducing this model.
More expensive then the Dream, less range, etc.
Maybe there is a group of people who missed out on the Dream edition and want this, but I imagine the numbers will be very very limited.

Maybe there is a group of people who missed out on the Dream edition and want this, but I imagine the numbers will be very very limited.
This is strange. If they're trying to convince people to take this over the Plaid then it's priced completely wrong. From an engineering standpoint it's ahead of the Tesla as the Plaid is Tri-Motor but Lucid with Dual-Motor is charging more. It's 0-60 is slower than the Plaid and they're asking a $50K premium for 30HP and 100 extra miles. 🤔

I just talked to my rep and got a VIN update. Before I talk of that, on March 22nd, Lucid announced that they are going to "Nvidia’s end-to-end Drive Hyperion platform". I had asked my rep if that meant that existing Lucid Airs are 1) Using the platform already? 2) Will be running an out of date platform already, and they are stuck with that, or 3) will be upgraded to the current platform. He did not have that information as yet. The issue(s) here would be support of an older platform and a newer platform. So in the computer world, older platforms stop getting support at some point and usually are delayed as far as improvements and fixes are concerned. I don't really want to deal with that issue, so I hope that my GT has the new platform.

Anyway, my VIN assignment is now predicted to be May 20th, with delivery 3 weeks later unless I want to go pick up my vehicle remotely from the Houston service center at my own cost, which knocks a week off that time. That puts the delivery time at 5+ months rather than 2-4 weeks promised.

It is a new model and Lucid is basing the cost on comparative models in the industry. Prices are going up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back