Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lyft is a rideshare similar to Uber. Lux is luxury version with nicer cars picking you up.
So Lucid will send a Lyft or Uber to pick you up and take you 100 miles to the delivery center? I’m trying to figure out how to pick up the car if I don’t have another driver with me.

So Lucid will send a Lyft or Uber to pick you up and take you 100 miles to the delivery center? I’m trying to figure out how to pick up the car if I don’t have another driver with me.
Seems to be the case, several members who have picked up have gotten picked up by Lucid or at least driven to the service center.

Seems to be the case, several members who have picked up have gotten picked up by Lucid or at least driven to the service center.
I got an UberX there, ordered by Lucid

Not sure I want to Uber to Riviera Beach from Charlotte….🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜

I got an UberX there, ordered by Lucid

Lucid has been really struggling to find trucks and drivers and employee time to home delivery a lot of cars. It would make sense for them to spend $100 to uber a customer to a service center vs thousands to home deliver.

Lucid has been really struggling to find trucks and drivers and employee time to home delivery a lot of cars. It would make sense for them to spend $100 to uber a customer to a service center vs thousands to home deliver.
I don’t think I could find 3.5hrs worth crap to talk about with an Uber driver!

The problem is that @copper had a point of reference that allowed him to compare to know something was missing without using instrumentation. We don't know if @borski's car is a good reference point or not (exceptional/average/poor). It's a single example. After you get REW and a UMIK, you can compare your graph to what @copper recorded but you would need two people of comparable size seated in the same positions with the mike in the same position and play the same source material. You'll get a reasonable result by yourself.

The ideal environment would be an empty car with the seats set to a replicable position (all the way back or forward) with the mike hung a set distance from the ceiling but that wouldn't have been any fun for copper and borski. Then copper would arrange a meet up for the Bay Area group and test each Air to establish if results across cars is consistent. Then the rest of us can replicate the test and compare. Empty car would also eliminate borski jumping up and down in his seat as the source of the 2nd shelf. ;)
…I’m 100% in favor of this plan. Would not need a bunch of Air’s, but 3 would probably get enough examples to verify.

Well, if you're in DC, you may run into the Afghanistan’s last finance minister, who's now a D.C. Uber driver. I suspect that on the right subject, he can fill the time without too much difficulty.
I mean, ultimately, the Uber/Lyft situation maybe more scalable for Lucid in the long run… but it definitely removes the premium layer of this experience at the price point and when compared to other OEMs it makes this experience “less than”. It’s crappy as a customer to want to pay the car premium and then be open to a compromise on this…

For the tracker, though an anomaly since it is a cancelled delivery. Received VIN April 30 for Black Santa Cruz 21”. Must be living right. Delivery timeline best said by very communicative DA “the timing of your vehicle journey will look differently than it would have otherwise”.

I received an email from my DA in March stating that I would be "assigned a VIN anywhere from mid to late April." I was not surprised that I did not receive a VIN in April, but only because I follow this forum (grey delay). I am disappointed that I did not hear from my DA with an update before the end of April. I think Lucid should invest in a simple CRM system and teach their DAs how to use it to make proactive communications that reset expectations once it becomes clear that they will not make deadlines they previously communicated. I feel ghosted.

On another note, I ordered the Hot Wheels Lucid model car on eBay and received a large delivery window - May 18 to July 14. I wonder whether my real Lucid or my toy Lucid will be delivered first!

Your Hot Wheels Lucid is being shipped from China so no doubt you will get it first…..

The hotwheels I received from China wasn’t a Lucid. Just some random thing they shipped. Just got one on Mercari.

I put my key on a normal keyring @copper. It just seems like it won't work, but it does.

Same. It sometimes needs to be moved around a bit but it works great. The lanyard works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back