Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news, bad news. I will be taking delivery of the car tomorrow, so that’s exciting! Bad news - they found a crack in the rear glass, and it is a constrained part I was told. It will take 3 weeks to 3 months for that part to come in and will require a service center visit to replace. The service team assured me that the crack will not spread in the meantime so I don’t mind them replacing it whenever they receive the part. I was also told I can go ahead with PPF as it won’t be disrupted in the process of replacing the rear glass.
My only question, I read on here somewhere, that their tinter wasn’t going to tint the rear glass due to the possibility of it cracking from excess heat. Is that the case? I will be tinting the car during PPF, with the obvious exception of the cracked rear glass, and just want to see if I should avoid tinting it after being repaired.
For the tracker:
Ordered: 11/17/21
Confirmed: 1/5/22
VIN: 4/12/22
Delivery: 5/3/22
I will squeak in under the 4 month timeline (unless you count the delay of broken glass needing repair).

Getting an update from my DA tomorrow. Feb. 15 confirmation, Grey, Santa Cruz, 19". Guessing he'll say my VIN will be closer to the end of May.
So based on what my DA told me today I think we’re going to see some VINS for some more of the early Grey’s as soon as this week. I say that because I know there are a number of folks here before me and he said he expects to have my VIN in the next two weeks. Said all the details of the production and delivery are becoming easier to pinpoint but was still overall vague and non-committal (has clearly been thoroughly trained in this respect!).

I quizzed him on whether there was any PDI checklist that could be made public (no), whether there is a way to highlight specific concerns to the Service Team before delivery (no), and how much the Delivery Host knows (or checks on) the PDI before you get the car (they don’t). Doesn’t sound like they’re that connected with each other, and each does their own thing, so the best I think I can do is make a strong case to the Delivery Host that I want the car to be confirmed as clean before the 400 mile trip to me so I don’t have to deal with a return. Will be using a modified version of the delivery checklist updated here by others. He did confirm the car should be covered from AZ to Chicago, and then to me (was aware or the recent delivery snafu where car came filthy), and also that they would contract with local auto shops near me for anything beyond the typical mobile service (eg, that which would not require factory level repairs).

I’m optimistic, and a bit excited. Got a quote today for $1800 to do partial PPF (front) coverage with Expel Plus. Guy said they have a Lucid template in the system (nationwide) and that the template puts a seam (likely unrecognizable) where the 2 hood air intakes (outtakes?) are. Sound reasonable?

So based on what my DA told me today I think we’re going to see some VINS for some more of the early Grey’s as soon as this week. I say that because I know there are a number of folks here before me and he said he expects to have my VIN in the next two weeks. Said all the details of the production and delivery are becoming easier to pinpoint but was still overall vague and non-committal (has clearly been thoroughly trained in this respect!).
That is good news, keep us posted!

May 2nd footage out via
lucid-motors-lot-may2.jpg

lucid-motors-lot-may2-wider.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 6.41.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 6.41.36 PM.png
    8.4 MB · Views: 66

I quizzed him on whether there was any PDI checklist that could be made public (no), whether there is a way to highlight specific concerns to the Service Team before delivery (no), and how much the Delivery Host knows (or checks on) the PDI before you get the car (they don’t). Doesn’t sound like they’re that connected with each other, and each does their own thing, so the best I think I can do is make a strong case to the Delivery Host that I want the car to be confirmed as clean before the 400 mile trip to me so I don’t have to deal with a return. Will be using a modified version of the delivery checklist updated here by others. He did confirm the car should be covered from AZ to Chicago, and then to me (was aware or the recent delivery snafu where car came filthy), and also that they would contract with local auto shops near me for anything beyond the typical mobile service (eg, that which would not require factory level repairs).

I’m optimistic, and a bit excited. Got a quote today for $1800 to do partial PPF (front) coverage with Expel Plus. Guy said they have a Lucid template in the system (nationwide) and that the template puts a seam (likely unrecognizable) where the 2 hood air intakes (outtakes?) are. Sound reasonable?
Hey that’s pretty impressive they were aware about my car getting delivered filthy, that means they’re not just saying “ok sorry” to issues then continuing the same sloppy practices. Their service people really are excellent. As for PPF, the OCDetailing guys in California do the hood with one piece of PPF instead of the template seams, they mention it in their YouTube video and have done a few airs now, so maybe your guys can do that. I’m gonna see if they can do mine that way when I drop it off tomorrow. I’m gonna miss the car while it’s getting PPF/ceramic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back