AGT price decrease

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?
Guys… look on the lucid build your gt page. It starts at 138 k now, but wheels ddp and ssp are options. Either this means lucid is testing the stripped down gt, or they actually decreased it. Will look for a press release tomorrow.

Guys… look on the lucid build your gt page. It starts at 138 k now, but wheels ddp and ssp are options. Either this means lucid is testing the stripped down gt, or they actually decreased it. Will look for a press release tomorrow.
Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro bring it up to $152,000. The $138,000 configurations is for “later availability”.

I think all this means is the manufacturing process has matured to the point where they can make more things optional. Making a variety of options available as opposed to making the cars mostly uniform adds time, expense and complexity, so that’s cool that Lucid is able to add more variation now. And I got my fully loaded GT for $139K, so I feel lucky I got the whole package early on.

My knee jerk reaction was "this may be bad news", but Lucid obviously has filled all the pent-up demand for the original 154k trim, so it only makes sense to expand into less profitable trims now.

Just a sign of their non-stop growth and appeal to broader groups!

Yeah this is a positive. If you’re a person who just wants news and podcasts and you’re not a music nut, there is no reason for you to get Surreal Sound Pro. And if you’re just a driver and have zero interest in ADAS systems then you don’t need DD Pro. I’m on board with all those options and very much wanted them but if you just want the extra HP/Range without the other bits then that’s cool you can have that car and not pay 💰 for stuff you won’t use or appreciate.

I also wonder if this is a step in the direction of phasing out the Touring. Take some standard featues from the GT, add more options to the Pure. Meet in the middle.

Yeah this is a positive. If you’re a person who just wants news and podcasts and you’re not a music nut, there is no reason for you to get Surreal Sound Pro. And if you’re just a driver and have zero interest in ADAS systems then you don’t need DD Pro. I’m on board with all those options and very much wanted them but if you just want the extra HP/Range without the other bits then that’s cool you can have that car and not pay 💰 for stuff you won’t use or appreciate.
I think they're still building the hardware into the cars, just software locked, because on their inventory website, there is a car with a description "This configuration includes a three-month trial of DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro Audio with Dolby Atmos Technology." priced at 138k, but the ones priced at 154k say "This configuration includes DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro Audio with Dolby Atmos Technology."

I think they're still building the hardware into the cars, just software locked, because on their inventory website, there is a car with a description "This configuration includes a three-month trial of DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro Audio with Dolby Atmos Technology." priced at 138k, but the ones priced at 154k say "This configuration includes DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro Audio with Dolby Atmos Technology."
Interesting.

Uh oh... that signals they are joining BMW in shipping the hardware, but requiring a subscription/more $ to use it.

I guess its not that big a deal if you save 100% by not buying it, but whos to say how they'll hide the price into the base cost now.

I dont like this direction.

Uh oh... that signals they are joining BMW in shipping the hardware, but requiring a subscription/more $ to use it.

I guess its not that big a deal if you save 100% by not buying it, but whos to say how they'll hide the price into the base cost now.

@borski AND @copper had some good points about it easing and streamlining the production process and also that it might mean they are able to convert some on the fence people to choose one or both options. Also mentioned was the fact that now maybe their suppliers are able to provide a lower cost with increase quantity and that makes it more attractive to include all the hardware needed. Either way, I'm sure they've done an internal review that this would net more profit than leaving the options out.

I saw this on Lucid website….DDPRO and SSPRO requires a subscription? Not sure why this GT is $138k when compared to the other GTs on their website.

58225EC4-8CE3-4148-9267-479D2605C5FC.jpeg

This may be an error on the website. Or it may be a new way that these items can be added. Let’s give it a day or two and we can ask Lucid officials for comment. @Firstto520

@borski AND @copper had some good points about it easing and streamlining the production process and also that it might mean they are able to convert some on the fence people to choose one or both options. Also mentioned was the fact that now maybe their suppliers are able to provide a lower cost with increase quantity and that makes it more attractive to include all the hardware needed. Either way, I'm sure they've done an internal review that this would net more profit than leaving the options out.
Also, we don't know whether this will be a subscription. "Free Trial" could simply be three months for free, and then a one-time fee to unlock forever. Who knows?

It's far too early to tell exactly what Lucid is up to with these configurations. Could be an experiment to see if the slightly lower price attracts more buyers. And it's easy enough to do with existing inventory.

I'd wait before jumping to too many conclusions. I also would not assume Lucid plans to do this with Pure (or even Touring) cars. Could be the margins on the GT are a bit more forgiving.

Does it? I think of it this way:
1. They're streamlining production. Makes it much easier if every car is the same
2. People can just pay $10k to unlock DDP or $4k to unlock SSP. The hardware for DDP isn't 10k, its probably $2-3k, so if the buyer doesn't end up upgrading, oh well lucid bites the bullet for that customer, but for secondary owners, they still have the opportunity to unlock those options without buying a brand new car.
3. If they do charge subscriptions, it wont be for something like heated seats which are in themselves a relatively trivial cost ($300-500?), so forcing people to pay subscriptions seems stupid. But things like DDP are massive purchases ($10k) and if somebody can pay for DDP for a road trip for maybe $100 a month (? i have no idea what they would charge for it), then lucid gets a bit of money, and the customer doesn't have to pay $9900 for something they might only use once.
4. There was that unconfirmed rumoured camera upgrade that enabled 360 cameras etc because some people wanted 360 cameras but not highway assist/pilot. By including the hardware necessary, people wont need a retrofit; they can just pay a fraction of the $10k just for 360 cameras.

In general, I think lucid realises they cant make stupid decisions that'll really anger people (like charging a subscription for heated seats), because that just gives people like Elon an opportunity to scream about how bad lucid is. Just my opinion.

I also wonder if this is a step in the direction of phasing out the Touring. Take some standard featues from the GT, add more options to the Pure. Meet in the middle.
This is the way to go. Modern people like simple things.

My main issue with shipping the vehicle with the hardware for $14k of software features means I wont feel confident I'm getting my moneys worth with a lower trim. It becomes easy to fudge the true cost of the vehicle. If I don't want the feature, I don't want the hardware. Otherwise it just feels bad.

This may be an error on the website. Or it may be a new way that these items can be added. Let’s give it a day or two and we can ask Lucid officials for comment. @Firstto520
I saw a LUCID Facebook Group post that said the same thing (see my post about it here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/pures-incoming.2487/page-3#post-97857)

Essentially, it looks like they've built a bunch of GT's that have not been ordered, so have are trying to get the best they can for them by enticing Pure customers to "upgrade" (pay for the hardware) after the trial period.

My main issue with shipping the vehicle with the hardware for $14k of software features means I wont feel confident I'm getting my moneys worth with a lower trim. It becomes easy to fudge the true cost of the vehicle. If I don't want the feature, I don't want the hardware. Otherwise it just feels bad.
They added an option to save customers some money. I don't know what's wrong with that?

Back