Pures incoming?!

Nobody truly knows. Peter Rawlinson probably doesn't even know. It depends on things like how well they can maintain their apparently now decent production level and how much reservation attrition will result from the looming recession.
Have Grand Touring Performance Airs been jumping the line?

If this is any indication, I picked up my GT in Riviera Beach, FL last week and there was a GT-P awaiting delivery to a customer.

GT's in general have been jumping the line for a while. Even in the tracker we've been seeing people order GT's in the earlier months of the year and taking delivery. More profit and probably very easy to slot in on the production line whilst it's still producing GT's. I'm guessing Lucid feels they can still slot them in without impacting the Touring and Pure deliveries for this quarter.

GT's in general have been jumping the line for a while. Even in the tracker we've been seeing people order GT's in the earlier months of the year and taking delivery. More profit and probably very easy to slot in on the production line whilst it's still producing GT's. I'm guessing Lucid feels they can still slot them in without impacting the Touring and Pure deliveries for this quarter.
Lucid did say way back when they announced the GT-P that it would get produced before Touring and Pure. So no surprises there.

At this point, it's just a matter of time before they make the adjustments at the factory needed to produce the other trims. In the meantime, keep cranking on those GT and GT-Ps.

Quoting a post here from the FB Lucid Forum that I found interesting - the reference to hardware installed leading to features becoming available under a “trial” period is not something I’ve heard before (with Lucid)…

Here is the post from the Facebook group:

“DA called today for my Air Pure, AWD + Zenith Red. Was supposed to be "later availability" (I guessed summer 23) since I didn't go with Pro Sound or any other upgrades. He told me they're leaving the extra speakers and DD Pro equipment for faster delivery. Now I get 90-day free trial for both, then it gets deactivated and I will have the opportunity to upgrade in the future if I want.

Also said the tax credit is not available.

He said I should be driving my new Pure in March! Excited!!”

Again, not my quote, but interesting if true.

Back