Cars
Lucid Air Pure

Attachments

• FbqiaDjVsAQvGup.jpeg
    FbqiaDjVsAQvGup.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 162
Metal roof Air teased in Lucid's Labor Day weekend tweet

Dual motor Pures incoming Q4 2022??

I still think this is more likely a test Touring. (The Pure is rumored not to have a sun shade in the back.)

There have been no confirmations of Pure or Touring on this forum. Production is being prepped, surely, but that isn’t a customer car.

I doubt we will see Pures before metal-roofed Tourings. They might push a handful of Pures out before end of year/end of Touring run to be able to say deliveries have started, but I’m not expecting mine until well into 2023

When I made my reservation, Lucid stated that Pures would be in PRODUCTION by Q4 2022. Now that I look at the order for my Pure, I can't find any statements about production, or delivery.

From the article "Lucid confirmed to Green Car Reports that the car in the picture with CEO/CTO Peter Rawlinson and chief engineer Eric Bach is indeed an Air Pure." They will definitely get at least some out the door to say they did it. When they get any significant volume out the door is the big question.

From the article "Lucid confirmed to Green Car Reports that the car in the picture with CEO/CTO Peter Rawlinson and chief engineer Eric Bach is indeed an Air Pure." They will definitely get at least some out the door to say they did it. When they get any significant volume out the door is the big question.
Interesting. Well, that seems to confirm Pure will have the rear sunshade, then. Unless it has the cutout for a shade but no shade, which would be strange.

If it's true that Lucid plans to be "caught up" on GT by year's end, then maybe Touring will be built on the GT line, and Pure will be the second assembly line, so both models will be getting cranked out simultaneously? That would make the most sense to me. We know they've been hiring for a second line for a while now. Hard to believe they are ready to run three simultaneous lines just yet. And there's no way they can crank out all the Touring before year's end. So if they mean to have Pure in production this year, they need to start Pure before Touring is even getting delivered.

I've always figured the reason for the "later availability" of Touring's metal roof was that it would be built on the GT line. It's closer to a GT than a Pure, anyway.

And I agree. There's a huge difference between getting production started and actually delivering a significant number of cars to customers. Even if they start the Pure production now, they likely wouldn't get more than a handful delivered before January. And it'll still take more than a year to catch up to all the current Pure reservations.

I don’t think Lucid has multiple lines going at the moment. It’s one line until phase 2 is completed. One thing Lucid hasn’t changed is Pure deliveries so given they said demand for the Touring is low I suspect once Tourings get moving in production then Pures will be coming pretty quickly after.

It would be nice to see a few Tourings come off the line before month end for end of quarter but given no confirmations have been made I suspect Q4 is going to be busy.

When I made my reservation, Lucid stated that Pures would be in PRODUCTION by Q4 2022. Now that I look at the order for my Pure, I can't find any statements about production, or delivery.
If you believe that statement from a new car company in the middle of a pandemic I have some beautiful ocean front property for you in Phoenix, Arizona.

If you believe that statement from a new car company in the middle of a pandemic I have some beautiful ocean front property for you in Phoenix, Arizona.
Well, they should know by now when they will be producing Pures, as we are no longer in the middle of a pandemic and that should no longer be an excuse. We are now in Sept and one would expect announcements on Touring/Pure production at anytime and if that does not happen soon, then Lucid might have more issues than are being published.

I think it is really bad that they don’t even have accurate specs for Touring/Pure yet. Really - how can you not know? Not sure how you run a company that way and succeed.

Well, they should know by now when they will be producing Pures, as we are no longer in the middle of a pandemic and that should no longer be an excuse. We are now in Sept and one would expect announcements on Touring/Pure production at anytime and if that does not happen soon, then Lucid might have more issues than are being published.

I think it is really bad that they don’t even have accurate specs for Touring/Pure yet. Really - how can you not know? Not sure how you run a company that way and succeed.
Because...even if the pandemic is over for you, it's not over for China who still continues to lockdown cities. Not to mention a large number of their factories have been shutdown for the past month due to the drought. There are other factors which are contributing to the global supply chain issue. Pakistan is getting put under water as well. The Russia-Ukraine war is still going on....

Because...even if the pandemic is over for you, it's not over for China who still continues to lockdown cities. Not to mention a large number of their factories have been shutdown for the past month due to the drought. There are other factors which are contributing to the global supply chain issue. Pakistan is getting put under water as well. The Russia-Ukraine war is still going on....
Hmm - there will always be something going on in the world, which will have an impact. It has been happening, since I have been alive. So, people/companies need to stop with the Covid and other excuses. My company, which is a major Fortune 500 world-wide company, certainly does not use them. Apple does not, etc…. People need to stop it with the excuses as something will always be going on. Absolutely amazes me how people and companies just accept poor performance/planning now and days and blame in on something else. Govt included.

And Pakistan having an impact? Hmm. :)

they have more accurate specs for the Sapphire than they do have of the Touring or Pure 🥲

they have more accurate specs for the Sapphire than they do have of the Touring or Pure 🥲
Guaranteed they have specs, but once they publish them they're committed. I'm sure they're waiting as long as possible to see what parts create supply chain bottle necks and which features can create enough difference to justify the various pricing levels. If a basic Pure is effectively a spec house, then it could make sense to still give it most features of a touring, but minimize modifications you can make. That's what home builders do all the time - you can have this model as is for less, or customize that model to your liking for more.

When I did the test drive I asked about the sun shades, was told that yes they would come in the Pure. I was surprised that they would to be honest, so if they don't I'm not going to grab my pitchfork.

Back