Just got notification of Pure production starting

That’s just it. No one is locked yet. Finalizing has not yet begun for Pure. What they are saying here is they are about to start locking. Otherwise, why send this email to tens of thousands of people who have not chosen blue?

Now, if you finalize with something other than blue, then change your mind later, yeah, you’ll be out of luck. But this is the opportunity to place your actual order, and they are specifying which specs you need to choose in order to be part of that first run.
This.

Also, @HC_79 I will absolutely call Lucid out when they make mistakes. I’ve done that plenty. See basically any thread about the 1.0 software, for example. What I won’t do is dramatize an issue that hasn’t yet occurred. Anyone can still pick fathom blue and not lose any spot in line whatsoever, as far as we know; so let’s not start making assumptions we don’t know are true. If anything, this is a very positive thing and the exact transparency people have been clamoring for - if you want yours in the early batch, pick fathom blue. If you don’t, wait, but now you know.

I have a reservation from 2021 with a confirmed order for a single motor version, which I am willing to bump up to dual motor now since single motors seem to be something that won't show up before 2024 IMO. In the design configurator it isn't even showing me my original base price and shows the full price of all options. At this point I am not trusting Lucid on grandfathering as well since they will use other tactics to eventually push out the original Pure enthusiasts. At the current pricing levels they are going to attract Model S buyers who will find it to be a better deal than the Tesla MS.
There will be tons of new cars coming out in 2024. They won't as efficient as lucid but very competitive pricing wise.

Good news for Lucid and those waiting for Pure's 👍

I have a reservation from 2021 with a confirmed order for a single motor version, which I am willing to bump up to dual motor now since single motors seem to be something that won't show up before 2024 IMO. In the design configurator it isn't even showing me my original base price and shows the full price of all options. At this point I am not trusting Lucid on grandfathering as well since they will use other tactics to eventually push out the original Pure enthusiasts. At the current pricing levels they are going to attract Model S buyers who will find it to be a better deal than the Tesla MS.
Lucid handled the grandfathering of GT and T and when some had new pricing applied to their configuration, the DA corrected it. No reason to think Lucid has nefarious intent given their past action.

Got the email today and now I am questioning Lucid's values as a company. The car specs out at $108,700 with this configuration. They have tested our patience and now want us to pay much more than what the expectation was set. For those who think inflation and supply chain challenges are to blame remember they already made a base price increase of $10K earlier this year. They are stuffing $14K additional upgrades (DDP-10K, Surreal Sound Pro - 4K) on the top of the $5.K dual motor down the throats of people who have waited for so long buy this car. For those who don't want the Fathom Blue the other colors are shown as coming in Q1. So the initial run of Pures is not be expected to that big since few would be inclined to go from ~$90K to $110K just to get this car a quarter early.
Other than the color, fully optioned cars being produced first shouldn’t be a surprise. This was announced in advance.

For those who had a reservation before June 2022, they will honor the old price which the full loaded Pure as well. If I remember right, the MSRP is 77,400, AWD 4k, DDp 9k, SSp 3k, specifc color $800. Total 94k plus destination fee plus tax and registration about 105k on the road. That is not a bad deal. For the color other than FB, my guess is the wait is max 2 months sometime in Q1 vs early Q1
FYI - On the lucid site where you can look at financing and monthly rates, it shows a base pure with awd will cost $82,900, which means $5500 awd. It looks like our base price is locked but not the option pricing...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-17 10.48.57 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-17 10.48.57 PM.png
    147.8 KB · Views: 114
FYI - On the lucid site where you can look at financing and monthly rates, it shows a base pure with awd will cost $82,900, which means $5500 awd. It looks like our base price is locked but not the option pricing...
No. I believe that they would honor the original option price.

That’s just it. No one is locked yet. Finalizing has not yet begun for Pure. What they are saying here is they are about to start locking. Otherwise, why send this email to tens of thousands of people who have not chosen blue?

Now, if you finalize with something other than blue, then change your mind later, yeah, you’ll be out of luck. But this is the opportunity to place your actual order, and they are specifying which specs you need to choose in order to be part of that first run.

Lucid is continuing the practice of making the selling the higher end cars first. I fully expected that and it does not surprise me nor bother me. I reserved my Pure more than a year ago and I will be pleasantly surprised if I get it during 2023. Unlike many here, I am fortunate that I have a very nice, luxurious daily driver that has the equivalent of OEM warranty until the end of 2024. so i can wait (aside from the fact that I am a type A personality type so waiting is generally not my strong suit).

That's likely the original AWD price of $4k + $1,500 delivery fee.

Its not, see the pricing list here : https://www.lucidmotors.com/payment-calculator

Pure AWD:
-Before : $82,900
-After : $92,900

Pure RWD
-Before : $77,400
-After : $87,400

Destination is not in those numbers
Hmm, good point, but the Touring I had reserved (but not ordered like the Pure) still showed the old options pricing (Silver Paint $800 vs $1000, DDPro $9K vs $10K, etc.). Hopefully the old AWD price will be honored...

Hmm, good point, but the Touring I had reserved (but not ordered like the Pure) still showed the old options pricing (Silver Paint $800 vs $1000, DDPro $9K vs $10K, etc.). Hopefully the old AWD price will be honored...
I'm hoping so as well, we just may have to fight a bit for it

I'm hoping so as well, we just may have to fight a bit for it
Looks like old price reservations are indeed paying $5K for AWD.

Yes. Old price was honored.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221122_122754.jpg
    Screenshot_20221122_122754.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 172
I am very disappointed with Lucid. I agree, i don't expect them to honor the grandfathered pricing. I emailed sales a week again to clarify, and I have not heard back.

Yes. Old price was honored.
My Pure locked-in order no longer shows the old pricing. If it did I would have upgraded my order. I loved my test drive and was ready to pay a little more. Now that I cannot see the old pricing I'm ready to move on to my back up plan.

I think we should proceed like they will and then raise a stink if they don't. We can directly point to Peter's post when Rivian increased all pricing and he criticized them for not protecting the early reservation holders.

I think we should proceed like they will and then raise a stink if they don't. We can directly point to Peter's post when Rivian increased all pricing and he criticized them for not protecting the early reservation holders.
I so want to believe Lucid, but their communication is poor at best and, at worse, could be seen as deceptive. I am losing faith. I am a true believer with a significant stock position, and they are disappointing me.

Before getting very upset about this, I’d speak directly with an SA.

Two things we know about Lucid. They’ve honored the original pricing for every other trim thus far. And their communication / computer systems are not exactly always accurate.

I can’t imagine they are suddenly going to charge their most cost-conscious Pure customers more when they didn’t do that to GT or Touring customers.

Back