Just got notification of Pure production starting

Mr_rhythm

Looks like it’s happening!

1668694553106.png

Get ready. Lucid Air Pure production is about to begin.​

We are excited to announce that Air Pure production will begin in the next few weeks, with initial deliveries following closely thereafter.

Lucid Air Pure is the embodiment of our approach to technical innovation, distilled into its purest form. Where you’ll enjoy performance, range, luxury, technology, and design all in a remarkably efficient package.

For initial production, we plan to build all Air Pure vehicles to a configuration personally specified by Derek Jenkins, Senior Vice President of Vehicle Design and Brand. These include:
  • Fathom Blue exterior color – debuting on Air Pure
  • Mojave PurLuxe interior theme with Alcantara headliner
  • Dual motor, all-wheel drive configuration
  • DreamDrive™ Pro
  • Surreal Sound™ Pro
  • Choice of 19” Aero Range or 20” Aero Lite wheels
As someone who has placed an order for an Air Pure, we will soon reach out to you — in the order you placed your reservation — with an invitation to finalize your configuration.

To secure one of these specially-equipped Air Purevehicles, simply click the View your design button below to log into your Lucid account. Once you arrive on the Reservation and order screen, click the Load Design button below the Air Pure configuration you saved previously. You can now reconfigure your Air Pure with the options listed above along with your desired wheel size. When finished, click the View summary and reservetab to verify your selections, and then press the Save Design button to save the configuration to your account. This will make the remaining steps in the purchase process even more seamless.

Yep we got this the day before they started inviting Touring customers to finalize. Looks like tomorrow it begins. Or maybe Monday at the latest.

So, does that mean - Touring's are closer to finish.... Yet to see anyone got any communication as it takes time to secure the financing.

While I understand Lucid's desire to make a single model Pure to get things rolling, it annoys the heck out of me for it to choose the color. I can abide it stuffing DreamDrive Pro down my throat, but insisting on the new blue color? Yes, I know Henry Ford followed the same trajectory with his proclamation that purchasers could buy his early models in any color, as long as it was black. I'm waiting to hear from my excellent SA how much delay there would be waiting for another color. I suspect well into next year. Thus, I may accept the blue just to get the tax credit. I always swore I'd never own a blue car!

I doubt the tax credit will come into play as I still expect delivery in 2023. My biggest question is around the single motor vs. dual motor and final specs there.

Got the email today and now I am questioning Lucid's values as a company. The car specs out at $108,700 with this configuration. They have tested our patience and now want us to pay much more than what the expectation was set. For those who think inflation and supply chain challenges are to blame remember they already made a base price increase of $10K earlier this year. They are stuffing $14K additional upgrades (DDP-10K, Surreal Sound Pro - 4K) on the top of the $5.K dual motor down the throats of people who have waited for so long buy this car. For those who don't want the Fathom Blue the other colors are shown as coming in Q1. So the initial run of Pures is not be expected to that big since few would be inclined to go from ~$90K to $110K just to get this car a quarter early.

Got the email today and now I am questioning Lucid's values as a company. The car specs out at $108,700 with this configuration. They have tested our patience and now want us to pay much more than what the expectation was set. For those who think inflation and supply chain challenges are to blame remember they already made a base price increase of $10K earlier this year. They are stuffing $14K additional upgrades (DDP-10K, Surreal Sound Pro - 4K) on the top of the $5.K dual motor down the throats of people who have waited for so long buy this car. For those who don't want the Fathom Blue the other colors are shown as coming in Q1. So the initial run of Pures is not be expected to that big since few would be inclined to go from ~$90K to $110K just to get this car a quarter early.
They have to prioritize *some* trim. You are more than welcome to wait, and nobody is forcing you or “stuffing [it] down your throat.”

It is a bit of a bummer that the true base configuration timetable is effectively up in the air (no pun intended) and what they are now offering is substantially more expensive. It kind of eviscerates the purpose of the Pure, in my mind. My M3P lease is up in late June 2023, so it will be interesting to see if they can meet my timetable on the base configuration.

They have to prioritize *some* trim. You are more than welcome to wait, and nobody is forcing you or “stuffing [it] down your throat.”
C'mon, are you never going to call Lucid out on anything? This color was never in the line up and was only announced the other day. Now it's the first cab off the ranks so all those people who ordered the Pure beforehand are pushed down the line for a color they never even knew was an option to choose. How about starting with black or white and doing the blue at a later date!

For all those people who have patiently waited they can't even change to the blue if they locked in original pricing because they will be forced into the higher pricing.

I want some of the things on their list; the color, AWD, but it basically ends there. I suppose I will have to wait till next year, which is ok since that is what I expected anyway. I would like a power frunk though :( Oh I just read your post HC, you can't get the blue with a pre-order? That's too bad if true.

C'mon, are you never going to call Lucid out on anything? This color was never in the line up and was only announced the other day. Now it's the first cab off the ranks so all those people who ordered the Pure beforehand are pushed down the line for a color they never even knew was an option to choose. How about starting with black or white and doing the blue at a later date!

For all those people who have patiently waited they can't even change to the blue if they locked in original pricing because they will be forced into the higher pricing.
You keep saying this, and there’s no evidence to support it. When invites begin going out tomorrow or Monday, people will be allowed to choose blue without losing original pricing. Just as they were allowed to change configurations on Touring without losing OG pricing.

Happy to eat my words if that turns out to not be true. But all historical evidence suggests I’m right.

For those who had a reservation before June 2022, they will honor the old price which the full loaded Pure as well. If I remember right, the MSRP is 77,400, AWD 4k, DDp 9k, SSp 3k, specifc color $800. Total 94k plus destination fee plus tax and registration about 105k on the road. That is not a bad deal. For the color other than FB, my guess is the wait is max 2 months sometime in Q1 vs early Q1

For those who had a reservation before June 2022, they will honor the old price which the full loaded Pure as well. If I remember right, the MSRP is 77,400, AWD 4k, DDp 9k, SSp 3k, specifc color $800. Total 94k plus destination fee plus tax and registration about 105k on the road. That is not a bad deal. For the color other than FB, my guess is the wait is max 2 months sometime in Q1 vs early Q1
Completely agree. I really think the limit to a single color is an indication that they are only planning to finish one "batch" before year's end. We're talking numbers in the hundreds, not thousands.

They aren't saying they are going to just produce Fathom Blue Pures for six months. They just needed to choose a first batch color that they could be sure would be completed by end of December, and Fathom Blue made sense, since it was new and exciting.

I would be shocked if other colors don't end up being produced during Q1 of next year.

It may still be a while before they start producing non DDPro and Surround Sound Pro, but other colors will start coming much sooner.

Happy for those of you waiting for Pure! It sucks that they are producing any Pure models with metal roofs this year but no touring models with metal roofs though. I actually said something on Jeff Curry's twitter about it. No response.

I have a reservation from 2021 with a confirmed order for a single motor version, which I am willing to bump up to dual motor now since single motors seem to be something that won't show up before 2024 IMO. In the design configurator it isn't even showing me my original base price and shows the full price of all options. At this point I am not trusting Lucid on grandfathering as well since they will use other tactics to eventually push out the original Pure enthusiasts. At the current pricing levels they are going to attract Model S buyers who will find it to be a better deal than the Tesla MS.

I have a reservation from 2021 with a confirmed order for a single motor version, which I am willing to bump up to dual motor now since single motors seem to be something that won't show up before 2024 IMO. In the design configurator it isn't even showing me my original base price and shows the full price of all options. At this point I am not trusting Lucid on grandfathering as well since they will use other tactics to eventually push out the original Pure enthusiasts. At the current pricing levels they are going to attract Model S buyers who will find it to be a better deal than the Tesla MS.
The grandfathered pricing is intact, it just doesn't show in the configurator. It will show/be priced in when you do your final confirmation.

You keep saying this, and there’s no evidence to support it. When invites begin going out tomorrow or Monday, people will be allowed to choose blue without losing original pricing. Just as they were allowed to change configurations on Touring without losing OG pricing.

Happy to eat my words if that turns out to not be true. But all historical evidence suggests I’m right.
Am I reading this wrong?

For initial production, we plan to build all Air Pure vehicles to a configuration personally specified by Derek Jenkins, Senior Vice President of Vehicle Design and Brand. These include:

Fathom Blue exterior color – debuting on Air Pure

Mojave PurLuxe interior theme with Alcantara headliner
Dual motor, all-wheel drive configuration
DreamDrive™ Pro
Surreal Sound™ Pro
Choice of 19” Aero Range or 20” Aero Lite wheels
As someone who has placed an order for an Air Pure, we will soon reach out to you — in the order you placed your reservation — with an invitation to finalize your configuration.

If they can change the color with no consequences to price then that's a bonus. I thought once it was locked it was locked with no changes at all.

Am I reading this wrong?

DreamDrive™ Pro
Surreal Sound™ Pro

If they can change the color with no consequences to price then that's a bonus. I thought once it was locked it was locked with no changes at all.
My order price for Pure shows no color and no options. I think it is the same for all even if you have the "binding agreement" $300 non-refundable. So, as far as I know, I will be able to finalize all the options and colors when I am invited to finalize and the original price will be honored because my initial reservation was in Nov 21.

Am I reading this wrong?

DreamDrive™ Pro
Surreal Sound™ Pro

That’s just it. No one is locked yet. Finalizing has not yet begun for Pure. What they are saying here is they are about to start locking. Otherwise, why send this email to tens of thousands of people who have not chosen blue?

Now, if you finalize with something other than blue, then change your mind later, yeah, you’ll be out of luck. But this is the opportunity to place your actual order, and they are specifying which specs you need to choose in order to be part of that first run.

Back