Pures incoming?!

It’s a different picture. Peter isn’t on the above image. If it’s got the sunshade it’s not a Pure
it's the same car, look at the picture with Peter and the picture with staff, look at the background, same exact confirmed Pure edition and same exact background

When I did the test drive I asked about the sun shades, was told that yes they would come in the Pure. I was surprised that they would to be honest, so if they don't I'm not going to grab my pitchfork.
The configurator shows no sun shades on the Pure. However it doesn't show 3 speakers. Surreal pro is selected.
1663515220055.jpeg

What I really worry about is the possibility of no power frunk...wat?

What I really worry about is the possibility of no power frunk...wat?
It is mentioned in the Online manual that some trims, I assume Pure, will not have a power frunk or sun shades. Search for “some models” and “Some Lucid Air models are equipped with power sunshades”

Last edited:
The manual I mention above says
“Lucid regularly updates this manual. The latest version is accessible via the Pilot Panel and
on the Lucid website.”

I can't find it on the Lucid site

The manual I mention above says
“Lucid regularly updates this manual. The latest version is accessible via the Pilot Panel and
on the Lucid website.”

I can't find it on the Lucid site
The only place I've been able to find it is in my account after I log in.

The only place I've been able to find it is in my account after I log in.
Is it only there if you have the car? I logged it and can't find it.
Thanks!

Yes it is in the virtual glove box, so only if you have a car.
Does the manual have an accessible URL that you can share, or is it blocked like the rest of their site?

I asked one of the guys at the West Palm studio and he said the sunshades were in the Pure.

Honestly, any of the SAs are a joke to talk to. You never get the same answers from two different people. Not sure if they are not educated internally as part of the same training or what the issues are. I have asked questions that shouldn‘t be in flux at this point. Has nothing to do with upcoming production of Pures or Touring. Questions I have asked are related to Dream Drive Pro and they don’t even know. When I ask questions, I get ”Let me double check, I will get back to you“. Even weeks later its crickets…

The knowledge of SAs is very limited or I would say zero in some cases. It’s a huge turn off when you know more about their products than the Lucid Employees. How do you sell or advertise a product have so limited knowledge of it. One of the people I chatted with said the “Wheel size impacts horsepower output”. I am like “WHAT?!?!?”

Lesson learned, anything you hear from these guys should be taken with a grain of salt. Nothing with them is concrete at this point.

Honestly, any of the SAs are a joke to talk to. You never get the same answers from two different people. Not sure if they are not educated internally as part of the same training or what the issues are. I have asked questions that shouldn‘t be in flux at this point. Has nothing to do with upcoming production of Pures or Touring. Questions I have asked are related to Dream Drive Pro and they don’t even know. When I ask questions, I get ”Let me double check, I will get back to you“. Even weeks later its crickets…

The knowledge of SAs is very limited or I would say zero in some cases. It’s a huge turn off when you know more about their products than the Lucid Employees. How do you sell or advertise a product have so limited knowledge of it. One of the people I chatted with said the “Wheel size impacts horsepower output”. I am like “WHAT?!?!?”

Lesson learned, anything you hear from these guys should be taken with a grain of salt. Nothing with them is concrete at this point.
I have had the same experience with legacy auto dealers where I knew more than the sales staff about a car.

Reactions: DJL
When do you guys think the Pure is realistically going to come, I reserved mine last year in September and I'm planning to get It base entirely except for the paint. Would you guys say around March or a later time like June?

When do you guys think the Pure is realistically going to come, I reserved mine last year in September and I'm planning to get It base entirely except for the paint. Would you guys say around March or a later time like June?
Nobody truly knows. Peter Rawlinson probably doesn't even know. It depends on things like how well they can maintain their apparently now decent production level and how much reservation attrition will result from the looming recession.

A lot will depend on how many of those 30k or so reservations came early vs. late. Last September wasn't that long ago, in Pure time. I certainly wouldn't count on March. Likely the very first reservations from 2020, early 2021 would be just arriving then.

Back