AGT price decrease

They added an option to save customers some money. I don't know what's wrong with that?
Well if it's such a negligible cost to Lucid to include the hardware anyway, knowing I spent $14k makes that feel a bit worse.

Well if it's such a negligible cost to Lucid to include the hardware anyway, knowing I spent $14k makes that feel a bit worse.
Assembling different hardwares is also costly. It's hardware cost vs production cost. They chose to eat the hardware cost.

I saw a LUCID Facebook Group post that said the same thing (see my post about it here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/pures-incoming.2487/page-3#post-97857)

Essentially, it looks like they've built a bunch of GT's that have not been ordered, so have are trying to get the best they can for them by enticing Pure customers to "upgrade" (pay for the hardware) after the trial period.
When I talked with Studio here 10 days ago or so, there was only one GT for the entire West coast and 1 being built for Red and Mojave. May be this is just an uncommon combo, and I’m not sure if Lucid actually has over-produced the GTs.

Assembling different hardwares is also costly. It's hardware cost vs production cost. They chose to eat the hardware cost.
Developing the machinery for stamping out a plastic piece without the lidar cutout probably costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. They'd have to sell thousands of cars without lidar units to break even on that cost. Same for the hardware for speakers, like different headliner shapes.

Developing the machinery for stamping out a plastic piece without the lidar cutout probably costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. They'd have to sell thousands of cars without lidar units to break even on that cost. Same for the hardware for speakers, like different headliner shapes.
So then what are they going to do for every vehicle that purchased without these 14k options? Install the hardware anyway?

Cant imagine how that's possibly more cost effective than plastic spacers they can contract out for pennies a piece.

So then what are they going to do for every vehicle that purchased without these 14k options? Install the hardware anyway?

Cant imagine how that's possibly more cost effective than plastic spacers they can contract out for pennies a piece.
A while ago they showed the difference foe the front bumper assembly between the cars with DDP and the ones without. It was a completely different casting. There is a financial benefit to this move.

Not all of that $14k is hardware? Most of it is software cost probably. Developing highway pilot and highway assist requires money to continuously develop the AI. My guess is the hardware cost for SSP and DDP in total is probably $3-4k. (somebody said the lidar is $2000, not sure how correct that is, cameras probably a couple hundred, and speaker hardware probably a 1-2k). Also, if anything it makes software development so much easier for them too. Unifying all their hardware components is a massive cost saving in terms of software development probably.

Lucid probably ran the calculations and it made more sense financially to do this. If they didn't calculate the costs of this move... well that would be really stupid.

Yeah, the hardware definitely does not cost $14k. I’m just saying it feels bad to either pay $14k for features knowing all cars have the hardware, or to save $14k knowing the hardware is artificially disabled.

I think the EU is trying to ban this practice.

it looks to me like they made some changes in how you can configure a GT. If you go through the “Design yours” part of the site, DDP and SSP are now optional. If you add them then it’s the normal price of 154k. My guess is even though you get a 3 month trial you’ll be able to unlock them with a one-time fee vs a subscription. You can either pay that fee upfront at time of purchase or later. It would appear the hardware is there just software locked. Obviously I, only guessing but I don’t think 3 month trial means for sure it’s a subscription.

Yeah, the hardware definitely does not cost $14k. I’m just saying it feels bad to either pay $14k for features knowing all cars have the hardware, or to save $14k knowing the hardware is artificially disabled.

I think the EU is trying to ban this practice.
So, you think they'd be better just lower the price of fully loaded AGTs to $138K? If that's the case, I have no objections. 😂

I saw this on Lucid website….DDPRO and SSPRO requires a subscription? Not sure why this GT is $138k when compared to the other GTs on their website.

$10,000 DreamDrive Pro, $4,000 Surreal Sound Pro, and $2,000 21" wheels are included in GT for $154,000.

The above 3 included options cost $16,000.

So if you want a price of $138,000, you need to take those 3 off the price ($154,000 - $16,000=$138,000)

I dont understand why you would feel bad about Lucid including the hardware. It still wouldn't be useable unless they paid the $14k to unlock access or pay a monthly subscription or however they plan on offering access, so it doesn't make a difference to your purchase.

What I am wondering, though, is are they going to continue including the hardware regardless of paying for DDP/SSP for future GT, T, and Pures? I had heard someone posting on the Touring delivery tracker even before this that their DA told them the hardware was going to be included anyway with a 3 month trial even though they opted to not include DDP/SSP.

Uh oh... that signals they are joining BMW in shipping the hardware, but requiring a subscription/more $ to use it.

I guess its not that big a deal if you save 100% by not buying it, but whos to say how they'll hide the price into the base cost now.

I dont like this direction.
I actually like that decision. I would much rather subscribe to the options when and if I need it and if there is value to them. I don’t hold onto my cars long and paying full price for options that are not available yet is not worth it to me. I subscribe to FSD on my Tesla and then stop subscribing when I know I won’t be using it as much.

At least, I know the options are already on the car and can subscribe to use them whenever I want.

I wonder what this means for old reservations. I was considering upgrading to a gt at the old price, but I didnt feel the need for DDP. Does this mean old reservations start at around 126k?(assuming old option prices are minused from 139k)

I wonder what this means for old reservations. I was considering upgrading to a gt at the old price, but I didnt feel the need for DDP. Does this mean old reservations start at around 126k?(assuming old option prices are minused from 139k)
Who knows? But I seriously doubt that. I think if you get the old pricing it will be with the features included only. So $139k is the floor.

Who knows? But I seriously doubt that. I think if you get the old pricing it will be with the features included only. So $139k is the floor.
As I want SSP, ill stick with the old price. Doesnt hurt asking though.

Also guys, its pretty obvious to see lucids plan. Discontinue touring, make grand touring with lower battery pack. But what would it be called?

Back