Followed the company since pre-release of DE, now an owner (well leaser for now)

Tooshyshy

Cars
Lucid Air Touring 2024
Just got my Lucid and first EV after selling my 2018 BMW 540D. This is such a different experience. I still love my old car but the transition to biodiesel everywhere made it hard to find gas stations and my mileage was getting up there along with repairs. The final decision came when our building (I live in a major city) is planning building wide EV charging to each parking spot if desired. So, naturally it was time to look for an EV. Given I had followed Lucid since the pre-release via emails, it was a no brainer for me and I had already loved it after seeing it at a Lucid Studio on my own. My husband, German, a die hard Mercedes fan, who even trained as a mechanic in Germany for Mercedes (which is an actual course of study) was like get the Mercedes EQE or EQS. I just couldn't even bring myself to want to test drive either because interior looks like I am in a strip club or tacky limousine. So of course, we first went to test drive the Lucid and even he was blown away. So we leased to start (as I want to know what features I really want and you get the $7500 off in addition to referral fee and $5000 off current inventory). I need a AWD for winter in the midwest so went with the Touring and stuck with 19in wheels for a comfy ride (believe me after a BMW commute of 72 miles RT you want comfort even though I drove in comfort mode with the BMW). We got Infinite Black Metallic, Mojave PurLuxe, comfort and convenience package, 20 way seats, and Dream Drive Pro (which I am used to with the BMW as most of the features are similar).

I love driving this car; it brings a smile to my face. The only downsides are the sound system (what's up with that bass and lack of better refinement) and the Apple car play interface (was much easier with BMW). Otherwise I am sold. I would consider a glass roof if I traded up in the future just because it makes the car feel more open (as the widows are small). Otherwise my only wish is the Santa Cruz interior but in cold weather that seems like a set up for disaster with dirt.
IMG_9835.jpg

Just got my Lucid and first EV after selling my 2018 BMW 540D. This is such a different experience. I still love my old car but the transition to biodiesel everywhere made it hard to find gas stations and my mileage was getting up there along with repairs. The final decision came when our building (I live in a major city) is planning building wide EV charging to each parking spot if desired. So, naturally it was time to look for an EV. Given I had followed Lucid since the pre-release via emails, it was a no brainer for me and I had already loved it after seeing it at a Lucid Studio on my own. My husband, German, a die hard Mercedes fan, who even trained as a mechanic in Germany for Mercedes (which is an actual course of study) was like get the Mercedes EQE or EQS. I just couldn't even bring myself to want to test drive either because interior looks like I am in a strip club or tacky limousine. So of course, we first went to test drive the Lucid and even he was blown away. So we leased to start (as I want to know what features I really want and you get the $7500 off in addition to referral fee and $5000 off current inventory). I need a AWD for winter in the midwest so went with the Touring and stuck with 19in wheels for a comfy ride (believe me after a BMW commute of 72 miles RT you want comfort even though I drove in comfort mode with the BMW). We got Infinite Black Metallic, Mojave PurLuxe, comfort and convenience package, 20 way seats, and Dream Drive Pro (which I am used to with the BMW as most of the features are similar).

I love driving this car; it brings a smile to my face. The only downsides are the sound system (what's up with that bass and lack of better refinement) and the Apple car play interface (was much easier with BMW). Otherwise I am sold. I would consider a glass roof if I traded up in the future just because it makes the car feel more open (as the widows are small). Otherwise my only wish is the Santa Cruz interior but in cold weather that seems like a set up for disaster with dirt.View attachment 20049
Ensure your car has the front footwell woofer tape fix: TSB-B1122-001-01. Talk to service. Takes almost no time.

That may fix your bass issues.

Enjoy the car!!!

Back