Tesla to Lucid - Hello from DC

FA14

Cars
2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD
Hello Team Lucid - Long story short.

Bought Model Y Performance last year after the Jan price cuts just to dip my toes into EV world. Amazing vehicle and totally loved it…but always been a fan of sports sedans. Sold the Tesla in Jan 2024 with only 3k miles on the odometer (I have a 2023 Maserati Granturismo as well as my primary drive).

Test drove Lucid in Mid Feb after the initial price drop to $69,900 but honestly didn’t like or connect with the car much…. absence of sentry mode, pet mode and other Tesla features. Made a reservation for 2024 Model S LR with delivery ETA April- May. Then this week I read about the Lucid crazy deals on April 2nd late evening, played with the lease configurator and was shocked to see the crazy low payments. Literally 1/3rd payment of the Tesla Model S. However online, no inventory popped up at the only location in DC area (Tyson’s).

Went to the Studio next door to talk to a Sales person and enquire for any potential deals- Lucid Studio and Service center is literally 5 mins walk from my house. Salesperson was very warm and helped me secure the one and only 2023 model brand new car with 5 miles on the odometer in stock (It was not showing online since they had displayed that car in the adjoining mall for the last 2 weeks….i went inside the mall to check the car) It’s beautiful white exterior, comes with 20 inch upgraded wheels with summer tires (luckily, that was my top choice) IMHO the 19 inch wheels and covers look very downmarket and cheap. But to each of our own.

Ordered April 3rd evening. Applied for Lucid Financial next day and approved instantly for Lease deal for 18 months, 7500 miles/yr with zero down. Only VA TTL fees and the initial $500 order fee. Not sure if this is the place to put monthly payments etc. but let’s say it costed me way less than the lease for a Model 3 standard rear wheel drive.

April 4- The Sales Advisor arranged with the mall management to get the car back into the studio new cars parking lot and getting it fully detailed again and for pre delivery checks etc. Attaching pics of my car that was showcased in the mall.
April 5-Pick up scheduled for Wednesday April 10.

Attachments

• IMG_9131.jpeg
    IMG_9131.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_9134.jpeg
    IMG_9134.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_9135.jpeg
    IMG_9135.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_9136.jpeg
    IMG_9136.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9133.jpeg
    IMG_9133.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 97
Congrats! You can be open about numbers and whatnot if you’d like. All open information.

Congrats! You can be open about numbers and whatnot if you’d like. All open information.
Thanks! My lease deal is - $375 a month for 18 months for 7500 miles per year. I have to pay $2883 out of pocket for VA taxes and DMV fees at delivery via cashiers check. So total Out of pocket is $3383 including the $500 paid online while making the reservation.

Thanks! My lease deal is - $375 a month for 18 months for 7500 miles per year. I have to pay $2883 out of pocket for VA taxes and DMV fees at delivery via cashiers check. So total Out of pocket is $3383 including the $500 paid online while making the reservation.
That’s fantastic!

Awesome you will love it, you will actually look forward to driving even in traffic. Congrats

Congrats! I hope you get to drive it on the windy backroads and not just in Beltway traffic! I think your biggest problem is going to be keeping it to under 7,500 miles/year!

Congrats! I hope you get to drive it on the windy backroads and not just in Beltway traffic! I think your biggest problem is going to be keeping it to under 7,500 miles/year!
I work from home and this will be my secondary drive for leisure and road trips. My primary drive is a 2023 Maserati Granturismo coupe bought last summer…… put roughly 6k miles in 10 months. I will prolly use less than 5k miles a year on the Lucid so hoping 7500 miles allowance should be more than enough.

Hello Team Lucid - Long story short.

Bought Model Y Performance last year after the Jan price cuts just to dip my toes into EV world. Amazing vehicle and totally loved it…but always been a fan of sports sedans. Sold the Tesla in Jan 2024 with only 3k miles on the odometer (I have a 2023 Maserati Granturismo as well as my primary drive).

Test drove Lucid in Mid Feb after the initial price drop to $69,900 but honestly didn’t like or connect with the car much…. absence of sentry mode, pet mode and other Tesla features. Made a reservation for 2024 Model S LR with delivery ETA April- May. Then this week I read about the Lucid crazy deals on April 2nd late evening, played with the lease configurator and was shocked to see the crazy low payments. Literally 1/3rd payment of the Tesla Model S. However online, no inventory popped up at the only location in DC area (Tyson’s).

Went to the Studio next door to talk to a Sales person and enquire for any potential deals- Lucid Studio and Service center is literally 5 mins walk from my house. Salesperson was very warm and helped me secure the one and only 2023 model brand new car with 5 miles on the odometer in stock (It was not showing online since they had displayed that car in the adjoining mall for the last 2 weeks….i went inside the mall to check the car) It’s beautiful white exterior, comes with 20 inch upgraded wheels with summer tires (luckily, that was my top choice) IMHO the 19 inch wheels and covers look very downmarket and cheap. But to each of our own.

Ordered April 3rd evening. Applied for Lucid Financial next day and approved instantly for Lease deal for 18 months, 7500 miles/yr with zero down. Only VA TTL fees and the initial $500 order fee. Not sure if this is the place to put monthly payments etc. but let’s say it costed me way less than the lease for a Model 3 standard rear wheel drive.

April 4- The Sales Advisor arranged with the mall management to get the car back into the studio new cars parking lot and getting it fully detailed again and for pre delivery checks etc. Attaching pics of my car that was showcased in the mall.
April 5-Pick up scheduled for Wednesday April 10.
Congratulations. You got a great deal. Enjoy & drive in good health I put 7500 miles on my first Lucid in 3 months 😱😱.

Back