Not quite perfect… but an Amazing car!

ajroxstar

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I feel like so many people focus on the negatives on these forums… I have owned my Lucid Touring for a month now and absolutely love it. Sure it’s a little quirky… CarPlay issues, keyfob issues, app issues, other things owners want implemented like better DDP etc. but all in all it’s an amazing car.
I’ve had more lookers and people ask me about my Lucid than any car I’ve owned. Some strangers have given Thumbs up at a random light. Some have rolled down their window at a light to ask me what Lucid is? I had a middle aged lady who caught me at a parking lot at CVS driving an Ioniq 5 that she loved how the Lucid looked. I have even had some guy in a shitbox sleeper Mustang that wanted to race me down a local road… lol. I’ve had my neighbors come to me to give them a tour/ride in the vehicle. I have never had that kind of response even with my Mercedes S550 sedan. I guess people love something unique and different and their curiosity comes through. I have told at least a hundred people about how great a Lucid is to help support the company. Hands down an amazing car. Definitely rough around the edges in terms of software integration but it keeps getting better with every software OTA update so kudos to Lucid for that. Is it perfect? No. Is it a keeper? Yes. It’s an amazing car. I rather have this than any Tesla or EV on the planet.

I feel like so many people focus on the negatives on these forums… I have owned my Lucid Touring for a month now and absolutely love it. Sure it’s a little quirky… CarPlay issues, keyfob issues, app issues, other things owners want implemented like better DDP etc. but all in all it’s an amazing car.
I’ve had more lookers and people ask me about my Lucid than any car I’ve owned. Some strangers have given Thumbs up at a random light. Some have rolled down their window at a light to ask me what Lucid is? I had a middle aged lady who caught me at a parking lot at CVS driving an Ioniq 5 that she loved how the Lucid looked. I have even had some guy in a shitbox sleeper Mustang that wanted to race me down a local road… lol. I’ve had my neighbors come to me to give them a tour/ride in the vehicle. I have never had that kind of response even with my Mercedes S550 sedan. I guess people love something unique and different and their curiosity comes through. I have told at least a hundred people about how great a Lucid is to help support the company. Hands down an amazing car. Definitely rough around the edges in terms of software integration but it keeps getting better with every software OTA update so kudos to Lucid for that. Is it perfect? No. Is it a keeper? Yes. It’s an amazing car. I rather have this than any Tesla or EV on the planet.
The engineering is amazing and miles ahead of any other company, software can be easily fixed, engineering cannot

I totally agree with you. I’ve had mine just over a year now, and absolutely love it. Every time I get in to drive I smile. Countless thumbs-up, complements, questions from friends, neighbors, onlookers. And so far, it’s worked flawlessly with no issues. I just wish more people would buy it!

The best part of this car is how good the driving dynamics are while still being really comfortable. The fact that it's an EV in itself is nice but it's not the main selling point.

Software is not easy to fix otherwise all issues would run smooth for all brands across the EV segment. Getting the software correct is much harder than it seems hence why issues persist. Some brands with more bugs than others.

Software is not easy to fix otherwise all issues would run smooth for all brands across the EV segment. Getting the software correct is much harder than it seems hence why issues persist. Some brands with more bugs than others.
All true. But at least it CAN be done. With the engineering of the car itself, you get what you bought. Nothing can improve in the driving dynamics of the car itself. If Lucid had skimped on engineering, we'd be stuck with that choice forever.

Software is definitely not easy to get right. A lesson I'm sure Lucid has learned by now. But there's hope for the future, at least.

18 months. No software issues. Anyone who posts otherwise is on my list.

Having paid the dues on V1.0 software, I also have had what I would call minimal issues with software lately. Most of them now are CarPlay integration where the screen will go black if CarPlay is trying to do something at the same time the car is. Sure there are software features I’d like to see (lots more efficiency data please, easier route planning like being able to tell it what SOC% you want to arrive at a charger or your destination, and the ability to make cross traffic protection warning without intervention, make Apple Watch app less glitchy), but the only thing that would ever make me abandon Lucid is if the reliability gets worse and a viable alternative emerged. Right now I’d say it’s on par with my other cars, maybe a bit worse for reliability but the service has been so much better that even though the car has had more problems it’s been less of a problem because of how great service is.

Having paid the dues on V1.0 software, I also have had what I would call minimal issues with software lately. Most of them now are CarPlay integration where the screen will go black if CarPlay is trying to do something at the same time the car is. Sure there are software features I’d like to see (lots more efficiency data please, easier route planning like being able to tell it what SOC% you want to arrive at a charger or your destination, and the ability to make cross traffic protection warning without intervention, make Apple Watch app less glitchy), but the only thing that would ever make me abandon Lucid is if the reliability gets worse and a viable alternative emerged. Right now I’d say it’s on par with my other cars, maybe a bit worse for reliability but the service has been so much better that even though the car has had more problems it’s been less of a problem because of how great service is.
Agree, only a few things needs addressing. Lucid did a pretty good job updating software.

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
Back