Frustrating situation regarding Electrify America promotion

Shishkip

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Pure AWD
Referral Code
VKPO1CV4
New Pure owner here. I took advantage of all the incentives and ended up buying a Pure AWD w/ DDP and SSP. I absolutely love the car but the sales process has me very frustrated.

Throughout the process I was told by Lucid sales that I would have EA for 3 years. But, I saw the threads on this site and even the promotion details on Lucid’s website, and both sites outlined that it would only be for 1 year for my model. I took this information back to my sales team and emphasized the importance of 3 years of EA (I live in an apartment complex and plan on being here for ~2 years, there’s an EA charger walking distance from me and I can charge there late night since I’m a night owl). The sales team reassured me that I was getting 3 years (something about the car’s build date).

After delivery, for the first day my lucid app and charging page showed the 3 years of charging. This was one of the first things I checked since I was still skeptical. Then, after my first charging experience (which was fantastic), my app suddenly showed 1 year of EA.

I called Lucid CS who suggested I call EA, who directed me to Lucid Sales, who directed me to my first point of contact (the gentleman who gave me a test drive). Today, he got back to me and said he confirmed that the app was showing 3 years but that it was a ‘glitch’ and something that they ‘fixed’. And unfortunately because Lucid’s contract is up with EA, there’s nothing they can do about it. So I only have 1 year. After expressing my frustration, he escalated the issue to the manager who is going to reach out to me tomorrow.

I’m hoping there’s an appropriate level of compensation if they can’t restore my EA time, given that it was an important piece of my decision. And , there’s a matter of principal that I’m concerned with here as well.

The car is absolutely phenomenal, but TBD on my sales experience based on how this situation plays out. I’ll report the results when everything is said and done!

I would wait for the manager to get back to you. if that doesn't work, i believe there's a Lucid employee here maybe they can look into it? i know some people had issues getting free charging at EA but they were eventually resolved.

Something that might go against your favor is what is stated in the buyer contract, which says 1 year. If you have something in writing from the sales team that definitely gives you more leverage to work this out. I don't think the build date plays into this at all, so it's unfortunate that you were misinformed by the sales team.

Lucid needs to train the reps better. I picked my Lucid up on Wednesday (Touring model) and the rep had confirmed I would get 3 months of Tidal free. Turns out they don't offer that anymore (after talking to customer service). It's s minor thing, but still an annoyance.

As for the EA 1-year, it's consistent with what their website states and what was on the paperwork. Hope it works out for you and they bump you to 3 years, but considering they would not do anything for 3-months of Tidal, you may not have luck. Let us know how it goes.

Lucid needs to train the reps better.

So true. Dude who was walking me through my delivery didn’t know basic things like software updates are applicable to every model. He tried to tell me my software wasn’t 2.1.47 because pure models have different software (at the time of my question as to why it hadn’t been updated, the car was at 2.1.33 and this was last week). And another basic question, how many climate zones were in the car (he said 4 when it’s 3).

New Pure owner here. I took advantage of all the incentives and ended up buying a Pure AWD w/ DDP and SSP. I absolutely love the car but the sales process has me very frustrated.

Throughout the process I was told by Lucid sales that I would have EA for 3 years. But, I saw the threads on this site and even the promotion details on Lucid’s website, and both sites outlined that it would only be for 1 year for my model. I took this information back to my sales team and emphasized the importance of 3 years of EA (I live in an apartment complex and plan on being here for ~2 years, there’s an EA charger walking distance from me and I can charge there late night since I’m a night owl). The sales team reassured me that I was getting 3 years (something about the car’s build date).

After delivery, for the first day my lucid app and charging page showed the 3 years of charging. This was one of the first things I checked since I was still skeptical. Then, after my first charging experience (which was fantastic), my app suddenly showed 1 year of EA.

I called Lucid CS who suggested I call EA, who directed me to Lucid Sales, who directed me to my first point of contact (the gentleman who gave me a test drive). Today, he got back to me and said he confirmed that the app was showing 3 years but that it was a ‘glitch’ and something that they ‘fixed’. And unfortunately because Lucid’s contract is up with EA, there’s nothing they can do about it. So I only have 1 year. After expressing my frustration, he escalated the issue to the manager who is going to reach out to me tomorrow.

I’m hoping there’s an appropriate level of compensation if they can’t restore my EA time, given that it was an important piece of my decision. And , there’s a matter of principal that I’m concerned with here as well.

The car is absolutely phenomenal, but TBD on my sales experience based on how this situation plays out. I’ll report the results when everything is said and done!
Paging @mcr16 in case they can help.

So true. Dude who was walking me through my delivery didn’t know basic things like software updates are applicable to every model. He tried to tell me my software wasn’t 2.1.47 because pure models have different software (at the time of my question as to why it hadn’t been updated, the car was at 2.1.33 and this was last week). And another basic question, how many climate zones were in the car (he said 4 when it’s 3).
It’s not 4?

It’s not 4?
The pure has a three zone actually, 2 for each front passenger and one for the whole rear. Heated seats are individually controllable though.

Most cars around 75k have 2 or 3 zone, so its to be expected!

The pure has a three zone actually, 2 for each front passenger and one for the whole rear. Heated seats are individually controllable though.

Most cars around 75k have 2 or 3 zone, so its to be expected!
Ah. GT has 4 zone. (Dirty screen, I know.)
IMG_6050.JPG

Ah. GT has 4 zone. (Dirty screen, I know.)
View attachment 17038
Yup, that was actually one of the major features that pushed us over to a impending touring(which also has 4 zone). I always feel a bit cold while my brother is fine with a colder temperature, and we would rather not argue over the temperature being picked. 4 zone is actually rarer than you would think it is even among the touring's price range. I do wish the backseat was ventilated and even possibly massaging now that the exec seats are seemingly indefinitely delayed, that gave me MAJOR pause since you can get a lincoln aviator with ventilated seats(one of our initial options).

And no worries about the dirty screen! Actually, if that were spotlessly clean, it would be hilarious as I think cleaning the rear screen is another level of being neat...

Update from today:

No one reached out to me. I’ll follow up with them on Monday and report back

Update from today:

No one reached out to me. I’ll follow up with them on Monday and report back
EA complimentary charging is soley based on your order date not build date. Check your sales agreement. I believe it is stated there. I think what happened here is that you got misinformed by your SA just to get the sale through. It's very unfortunate and I feel bad for you considering how most people had great experiences with very knowledgeable SA and DA folks. Maybe if you complain long and loud enough someone from Corporate will adjust. I don't think it's on EA side.

Update!

Mia (the manager here in SoCal) jumped on the phone with me and listened to the entire story. She asked me to give her a couple of days to see what she could do.

I got a call today from Matt who originally gave me the test drive (great guy working sales out in the Newport location) and he told me Mia was able to work her magic and I was able to get my 3 years back!

My conclusion: The car was a 10/10 and my only gripe was with the sales process. But hey, we all make mistakes and it’s more about what we do to fix the mistakes that really matters imo. I appreciate them rolling their sleeves up to help me fix the issue, and now that it’s fixed, I’d give them a 10/10 too!

Wonderful car, wonderful people, can’t wait to enjoy my time with it now. Happy holidays everyone!

P.S: If anyone has a chance to talk to either Matt or Mia, let them know they’re awesome!

Back