Electrify America charging free?

ajroxstar

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I purchased a Lucid Air Touring in Dec 2023. I did not think that any free charging from electrify america was included. However to my suprise, doing my first DC charge at EA, the receipt showed $0. In my Lucid app chargin history it shows $0 for my first charge even though at the EA pump it showed me a rate for charging / kwh. I does not appear that my credit card has been charged either.
When I go into Lucid app and charging tab and service history - it does not say anything about the promotional period of charging. Any idea what is going on? I've read on the forums that Lucid has extended the free charging promo for 1 year on Touring purchases before end of 2023 but cannot see any confirmation on Lucid's official website.

All 2023s in inventory still have free EA charging. They don't advertise it as a promo, but they never removed it from the cars

NOR should they remove . They are trying to sell cars new/demo/ used It’s a bonus. Tesla free charging stayed with the cars ( not the # of owners for years) when they started out up until about 2017. Charging at home is best option for many though.

In your Lucid app, it will show if you have free charging or not. Choose the 3 lines and then select LUCID CHARGING SERVICE to see

I purchased a Lucid Air Touring in Dec 2023. I did not think that any free charging from electrify america was included. However to my suprise, doing my first DC charge at EA, the receipt showed $0. In my Lucid app chargin history it shows $0 for my first charge even though at the EA pump it showed me a rate for charging / kwh. I does not appear that my credit card has been charged either.
When I go into Lucid app and charging tab and service history - it does not say anything about the promotional period of charging. Any idea what is going on? I've read on the forums that Lucid has extended the free charging promo for 1 year on Touring purchases before end of 2023 but cannot see any confirmation on Lucid's official website.
I got my Lucid GT in Feb. Nobody told me about the free charging. Later, I found that the app said 2 years' free charging. I tried it and yeah it's free. 2~3 weeks later, the free charging description was removed from the app. The app says "Pricing: Refer to the charger screen". Then I tried again and yeah it's still free. Anyway, I am not sure why I got 2 years of free charging instead of 3 years or no free charging.

I leased a 2023 Air Pure AWD on April 10, 2024. There is no free charging promo on the app and the SA told me that promo ended last year. In my app under charging menu - it says pay as you go at EA charging rates.

So finally went to an EA DCFC 350 KW charger today to give it a try. Easy plug and play without any need to authenticate on the app. It started charging within a minute. My car was at 70% SOC and went upto 82% in 14 mins. The max KW drawn remained constant at 49 KW….prolly due to the existing high 70% SOC. Like others mentioned….there was no fees or anything. Session cost displayed as $0.00 on the station and the lucid app.

Attachments

• IMG_9262.jpeg
    IMG_9262.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
I leased a 2023 Air Pure AWD on April 10, 2024. There is no free charging promo on the app and the SA told me that promo ended last year. In my app under charging menu - it says pay as you go at EA charging rates.

So finally went to an EA DCFC 350 KW charger today to give it a try. Easy plug and play without any need to authenticate on the app. It started charging within a minute. My car was at 70% SOC and went upto 82% in 14 mins. The max KW drawn remained constant at 49 KW….prolly due to the existing high 70% SOC. Like others mentioned….there was no fees or anything. Session cost displayed as $0.00 on the station and the lucid app.
You got lucky, for various reasons like machine malfunctions you can get a free charge.

You got lucky, for various reasons like machine malfunctions you can get a free charge.
Other new forum members who also recently bought a 2023 Air, have tried EA multiple times and were not charged at all. I just went to try the same and validated on my end. Seems like free charging to me for the 2023 vehicles.

Most complaints around EA chargers are about broken chargers, faulty connections, authentication failures or no charging at all.

So not sure about your comment about being lucky and a free session due to a machine malfunction. I neither have an EA App/Account nor any form of payment added to Lucid App.

Back