Electrify America charging free?

Not using the EA app. Direct plug in.
Then you didn’t get charged. That’s just telling you how much you would’ve gotten charged if it weren’t free.

At present, Lucid does not have a way of charging you for EA charging; the system is not set up.

This doesn't make sense if you never gave them a cc number to charge. I'm quite puzzled.

Saw the charge on my CC this morning.
I am absolutely flabbergasted and astounded, lol. Genuinely.

Idea: did you perhaps sign up for the EA app and give them your VIN? EVGo has their own PnC setup based on your VIN, so I wonder if EA recognized your car via the EA system and then charged you instead of using the Lucid PnC?

Otherwise, which card? Where did they get it?

Saw the charge on my CC this morning.
I just charged earlier this evening at EA for the 2023 Air Pure bought in April. $0.00 fees. No EA app or any cc info stored on lucid app either.

I just charged earlier this evening at EA for the 2023 Air Pure bought in April. $0.00 fees. No EA app or any cc info stored on lucid app either.
I think that this shows that the Lucid/EA free charging partnership is jumbled up. Maybe this is why people like @acader are having a hard time

I contacted customer support and got contradicting answers (no surprise there). The first person I called said that the EA free feature ended on 11/30/2023. If your "order date" was 11/30/2023 or earlier, you will get free charging. Beyond that NO.

When I called back the second time, the CSR said that it could have been a glitch in EA software/charging station and I should definitely have free charging until 12/31/2024.

I am absolutely flabbergasted and astounded, lol. Genuinely.

Idea: did you perhaps sign up for the EA app and give them your VIN? EVGo has their own PnC setup based on your VIN, so I wonder if EA recognized your car via the EA system and then charged you instead of using the Lucid PnC?

Otherwise, which card? Where did they get it?
I had to insert a card to begin charging. Without a card, it would not start at all. I do not have EA app or any other charging app.

I had to insert a card to begin charging. Without a card, it would not start at all. I do not have EA app or any other charging app.
Ok, now that's making more sense. Next time, just open the Lucid app on your phone. Sometimes the automatic authorization with the station fails. When this happens, an Electrify America button should appear on the charging screen of the Lucid app. Hit that, choose your station number (will be printed on the station), and it should start the charge. This isn't new, that handshake just fails rarely and seemingly at random.

Back