Electrify America charging free?

Check your app for the Service Summary. A lot of people recently see that it now says Free up to 1000 kWh (or 2000 kWh) with specific service dates.
For example, I have 1 year from date of purchase or 1000 kWh, which ever comes first.

(fixed typos)

Check your app for the Service Summary. A lot of people recently see that it now says Free up to 1000 kWh (or 2000 kWh) with specific service dates.
For example, I have 1 year from date of purchase or 1000 kWh, which ever comes first.

(fixed typos)
Yep! That’s what it says now on my app. It used to have no info on charging until 2.3.10 OTA update.

That’s what my app now says as well.

Can anyone confirm that they have actually lost free EA charging after having had free charging previously?

Mine still shows I have unlimited until 7/7/2026. I also got 3 years free charging when I bought it so I better still have it showing up properly!

Has anyone had the service summary on their app actually CHANGE from saying 'X' years of unlimited charging' to the same (X) number of years WITH a limited number of kWh? I got my car during the promo, and mine remains at unlimited, and I will protest vehemently if it ever does change.

I'm wondering if these limited service summaries only apply to those owners who bought after the promo ended, but who were getting free charging none-the-less, and that this is Lucid's attempt to place some limit on that unexpected benefit. If I understood comments some of them made on the forum, they were getting free charging with nothing about it appearing on their app's service summary.

Has anyone had the service summary on their app actually CHANGE from saying 'X' years of unlimited charging' to the same (X) number of years WITH a limited number of kWh? I got my car during the promo, and mine remains at unlimited, and I will protest vehemently if it ever does change.

I'm wondering if these limited service summaries only apply to those owners who bought after the promo ended, but who were getting free charging none-the-less, and that this is Lucid's attempt to place some limit on that unexpected benefit. If I understood comments some of them made on the forum, they were getting free charging with nothing about it appearing on their app's service summary.
That’s correct. I got my 2023 AWD Pure in April this year. My app didn’t state any free promo at all but EA charging was free. Now it states Lucid 1 year promo from April 24- April 25 with 1000kw limit.

That’s correct. I got my 2023 AWD Pure in April this year. My app didn’t state any free promo at all but EA charging was free. Now it states Lucid 1 year promo from April 24- April 25 with 1000kw limit.
Is there a way to see the KW used? I have a similar story - new Pure in July, nothing in app and free charging worked. Recently it showed one year from July 24 to July 25 but no indication on KW used.

Is there a way to see the KW used? I have a similar story - new Pure in July, nothing in app and free charging worked. Recently it showed one year from July 24 to July 25 but no indication on KW used.
Try Charging history, right above Service Summary. there is a "tab" per month. you can add it up if you wish

Unfortunately- no. I had to manually calculate the digits. I have used approx 500kw in 3.5 months of ownership with only 1400 miles driven. Seems like EA CHARGING stations - energy lost during sessions is on the higher end when compared to Tesla superchargers.

I have had the car since July, and I changed quite a bit for road trips in July. The app used to show data for July, but ever since the free charging service showed up, the July data no longer shows up. I wonder if they started with a clean slate for KW usage in August when the charging services showed up in the app. I do have the data for my charging in August, but nothing before! Are folks in similar situation seeing this?

I have had the car since July, and I changed quite a bit for road trips in July. The app used to show data for July, but ever since the free charging service showed up, the July data no longer shows up. I wonder if they started with a clean slate for KW usage in August when the charging services showed up in the app. I do have the data for my charging in August, but nothing before! Are folks in similar situation seeing this?
I can see the monthly data in the charging history. There is a left arrow to scroll for prior months.

I can see the monthly data in the charging history. There is a left arrow to scroll for prior months.

I checked that part. It doesn’t show my charging history in July. It has data for August and September and that’s all.

I still see my monthly data usage like I have since day 1. I also get emails of my sessions once complete that also show $0.00 charged and kW received each time along with duration of time. Once in a while I don't get the update in my app or the email and usually that's when everyone around me was getting free EA charging that day and time too. As I understand it, if there are internet communication problems, the current default from EA is to just supply a free charge. This feature saved us last December in Amarillo, TX where we absolutely needed a charge and the plug n play wasn't working like normal and then it just 'connected' and charged as a 'guest' for free.

IMG_9416.webp

My charging plan went from Unlimited (excl idle fees) to now Free up to 1000 kWh.

That is quite the gross bait and switch. I get they bake changes into ToS but to go unannounced and for us to kind of stumble upon it is kinda not great.

Here's what mine currently says:
SmartSelect_20240914_170638_Lucid.webp

I got 3 years with my GT, good through 6/4/25. No clue why that changed to the current screen. I can say that I don't have a credit card on file with Lucid and that I charged up yesterday at EA without any issues. I also have no charging history listed since February and I've charged at EA at least once a month every month since, so I'm not sweating the details.

Here's what mine currently says:
View attachment 23302
I got 3 years with my GT, good through 6/4/25. No clue why that changed to the current screen. I can say that I don't have a credit card on file with Lucid and that I charged up yesterday at EA without any issues. I also have no charging history listed since February and I've charged at EA at least once a month every month since, so I'm not sweating the details.
I only have 5 months left 😭

IMG_9963.webp

Sure, but mine is not even showing my dates anymore, suggesting that I'm out of my free window, which isn't true.
Oh, no, I agree - I was mostly showing you that so you knew it wasn’t happening to all of us

Oh, no, I agree - I was mostly showing you that so you knew it wasn’t happening to all of us
If nothing else, we may have found the answer to how EA charging will work once free charging ends. It looks like you'll add a credit card to your Lucid account and Plug and Charge should still work. The big downside I see is that you'll be charged full price for the charge whether or not you're an EA Pass+ member.

If nothing else, we may have found the answer to how EA charging will work once free charging ends. It looks like you'll add a credit card to your Lucid account and Plug and Charge should still work. The big downside I see is that you'll be charged full price for the charge whether or not you're an EA Pass+ member.
This was kinda the same flaw with Ford Plug & Charge with their Blue Oval Network. No way to get the EA Pass+ discount.

I'm still super pissed they changed my plan on the fly like that. It actually is probably the most bitter taste ive had about Lucid since becoming an owner.

Back