Electrify America charging free?

You must look at the lucid app. That is the best place that shows your free charging plan.
That’s not true. I got 2023 model Air pure in April 2024. My app doesn’t say any free charging and states pay as you go. However EA charging is free for me. The EA charger screen displays Lucid 22 Air charging promo without any dates.

That’s not true. I got 2023 model Air pure in April 2024. My app doesn’t say any free charging and states pay as you go. However EA charging is free for me. The EA charger screen displays Lucid 22 Air charging promo without any dates.
Well, he said he had it and EA charged him. So to call Lucid and complain, you should check the app.
Mine is like the one posted by FredP on page 3 of this thread.

I got my 2024 Air Touring in June. I have free charging at EA in Arizona so far.

I had an issue with one EA charger yesterday (Kittery, ME) not recognizing my car and the Lucid app wasn’t showing a connection. I moved to another open charger, which then worked fine with free charging as usual. Sometimes it’s just a charger issue.

Can anyone with 2024 models, share their experience with cost of charging at EA stations?
2024 AGT, leased July 10th. No one told me anything about free charging. To my surprise, the DC station at EA said I have 24 months of free charging. I didn't push back :)

What I don't really get is, why the EA app doesn't show any history of charging. Do I have to use the app at the station? So far I didn't need to: I just plug in the cable, tap Start on the station's screen and it starts charging, no further authentication or app action required. So somehow EA knows that my car has 24 months of free charging just by plug it in.

I can see the free charging history in the Lucid app, but it would have been nice to have a history in the EA app as well.

2024 AGT, leased July 10th. No one told me anything about free charging. To my surprise, the DC station at EA said I have 24 months of free charging. I didn't push back :)

What I don't really get is, why the EA app doesn't show any history of charging. Do I have to use the app at the station? So far I didn't need to: I just plug in the cable, tap Start on the station's screen and it starts charging, no further authentication or app action required. So somehow EA knows that my car has 24 months of free charging just by plug it in.

I can see the free charging history in the Lucid app, but it would have been nice to have a history in the EA app as well.
I called EA a long time ago about having history on EA app also. They said that if Lucid is covering the charge we will not see history in EA app. Only in Lucid app.

Plug and Charge works irrespective of the EA app. It's a direct communication between the car and the charging station, so there will never be any evidence of the charging session through the EA app because your EA account is never used/authorized.

I had an issue with one EA charger yesterday (Kittery, ME) not recognizing my car and the Lucid app wasn’t showing a connection. I moved to another open charger, which then worked fine with free charging as usual. Sometimes it’s just a charger issue.
Just had my first non plug-and-play EA experience (Orangetown Shopping Center Orangeburg, NY). I was presented with a guest/member selection screen after plugging in (new to me). I swapped to another charger, same thing. Logo reset, same thing. I opened the Lucid App and saw an option to 'start EA charging' (have never looked for it before), I hit the button, it authenticated, and then we were off to the races. Unsure why this step was required, it never has been at any other EA charger for me in the previous 4-5 sessions, but at least I know the flow now, just in case.

Just had my first non plug-and-play EA experience (Orangetown Shopping Center Orangeburg, NY). I was presented with a guest/member selection screen after plugging in (new to me). I swapped to another charger, same thing. Logo reset, same thing. I opened the Lucid App and saw an option to 'start EA charging' (have never looked for it before), I hit the button, it authenticated, and then we were off to the races. Unsure why this step was required, it never has been at any other EA charger for me in the previous 4-5 sessions, but at least I know the flow now, just in case.

Yeah this happened to me recently as well. Just an additonal step

Having the same issue for the last few weeks at the same chargers that had been PNC. I now need to use the Lucid app to authenticate. Not a big deal, just slightly annoying. If it continues I might call them to refresh the certificate (or whatever it is they do).

Same here. The majority of the time I don't have to take any action. However, on some occasions I have to authenticate on the Lucid app, not sure why that is.

I purchased a Lucid Air Touring in Dec 2023. I did not think that any free charging from electrify america was included. However to my suprise, doing my first DC charge at EA, the receipt showed $0. In my Lucid app chargin history it shows $0 for my first charge even though at the EA pump it showed me a rate for charging / kwh. I does not appear that my credit card has been charged either.
When I go into Lucid app and charging tab and service history - it does not say anything about the promotional period of charging. Any idea what is going on? I've read on the forums that Lucid has extended the free charging promo for 1 year on Touring purchases before end of 2023 but cannot see any confirmation on Lucid's official website.
For EA charging t&c select Service Summary, underneath the Charging History option. For instance, I see 3 years free charging w/ service dates.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240716_103706_Lucid.webp
    Screenshot_20240716_103706_Lucid.webp
    104.3 KB · Views: 78
Have a friend with an Air touring. I believe he is the 3rd owner and he’s still getting free EA for the past 6 months. I don’t think currently there is a way for them to turn off the free charging. I know a few other owners who are secondhand and still receiving FREE.

Have a friend with an Air touring. I believe he is the 3rd owner and he’s still getting free EA for the past 6 months. I don’t think currently there is a way for them to turn off the free charging. I know a few other owners who are secondhand and still receiving FREE.
I am he of whom thou speakest...as they say in the classics. The T&C state that it's not transferrable, or can be cancelled by Lucid at any time but it's working well and shows up with a 2025 termination date in my app. Just enjoying it while I can as the energy cost in my area is higher than I recall from the past, paying $0.20/kwh all in ($0.12 generation, which isn't awful compared to past years, and $0.08 delivery).

SItrep: charging at an EA station I've visited in the past, plug and charge worked fine, didn't need to initiate from app. I'll be hitting the EA station tomorrow which had the issue yesterday, will see if it's site specific or was just a temporary issue. All good either way, but I'm curious.

My SA and DA both said that EA charging is not available on my ‘24 pure (delivered 6/30) but also said that people are still getting free charging even when they are not supposed to. I tried EA PnP charging 3 days ago and it was free. 👍🏼

I just returned from a 2k mile road trip, visited about 6 EA chargers 4 of the six did plug and play and 2 chargers I had to use the lucid app to get the charging started.
all the charge sessions were not billed

My Air Pure was delivered 7/24/24 and the first time I plugged in to an EA charger the EA charger screen said I have free charging for 1 year.

I had a pleasant surprise this morning seeing that my EA charge was free - I found this thread while searching about it since I distinctly remember Lucid advertising it was only 1 year free when I got the car in August 2023, but the app says 3 years.

My 2023 Touring always charges for free at EA chargers

Back