2.4.x OTA

I found that the things I'm interested in doing worked much better (or at all) with hey Lucid. Selecting specific Sirius channels worked great, turning the climate control up/down worked great.
Does hey lucid control your radio ?

Mine always responds “controlling a radio is not supported by this client”

And as I mentioned earlier I’m missing Spotify now.
I said hey Lucid play radio classics on sirius XM (I may have just hit the mic button)

I received the upgrade (finally!) at 2 am and installed it. Just drove once and love the improvements! I did experience the red message. It said Highway Assist Cancelled. It stayed on only for a second but I saw it. And yes, the car quickly reduced speed as regen kicked in. Not sure why it cancelled it. I was able to restart HA.

I will do more driving later and test it further. But, LOVED the garage buttons. They worked great while backing up without having to redo anything. I also noticed that when the front camera goes on, we have the choice to go to homelink quickly. Very nice!!

In traffic, the auto start from a full stop works great if you are looking forward.

View attachment 23505View attachment 23506
I also got the highway assist cancel on first attempt with HA.

After 2.4.2, my phone app hasn’t been able to wake up the car. Retry button fails, too. This is in addition to the numerous car off-line incidents.
Car still functions otherwise and I’m sure eventually these problems will be ironed out.

After 2.4.2, my phone app hasn’t been able to wake up the car. Retry button fails, too. This is in addition to the numerous car off-line incidents.
Car still functions otherwise and I’m sure eventually these problems will be ironed out.
There is some shenanigans going on. Move heard quitting the app and reopening sometimes fixes the issue.

And another issue for me. If I engage highway assist on. It just switches to adaptive cruise one second later.

I have dd pro.

Received the update, 2.4.4, this morning. The installation went fine, about 2 hours. I had vehicle offline problems until a logo reset. The only other issue so far, I have not driven it yet, is that the changes from the update will not display.

I just called customer service about my issues

1. Missing spotify
2. Ha disables it self instantly
3. Hey lucid can’t control radio

They told me to make a service appointment. Funny because the car was delivered Wednesday. Went to service Monday and was brought back with the 2.4.4 update today. Back it goes.

Do we really need them to? You can still use Alexa via Alexa Auto, or Siri via Carplay, or soon enough Google Assistant via Android Auto.

The only things that would be "lost" would be voice controls for vehicle functions, which it seems like Lucid's voice system already does. I don't see why there's any value to them re-inventing the wheel that's already available. Just a waste of time they could instead invest in vehicle features instead of controlling an IoT toaster from your car.
So, you are not familiar with Alexa Auto I guess. You would need to flip over to Bluetooth and find a place to mount it. Alexa Auto does not have it's own speakers, you have to switch over to Bluetooth, so no more radio, Nav, etc. About half of us are more techie and use Android rather than iPhones. My answer is that every MAJOR manufacturer supports smart integration.. BMW, Mercedes, even Ford and GM. Lucid sold cars based on that capability and then stopped supporting what they sold. Rather than using several devices, another answer is to dump the Lucids and get a Mercedes. I am hoping that instead Lucid gets off their duff and figures out that smart integration is not that difficult. Just get the free SDK from Amazon. Dropping features like this is unforgivable. It definitely stopped me from getting a Gravity.

Last edited:
Reactions: mxp
I just called customer service about my issues

1. Missing spotify
2. Ha disables it self instantly
3. Hey lucid can’t control radio

They told me to make a service appointment. Funny because the car was delivered Wednesday. Went to service Monday and was brought back with the 2.4.4 update today. Back it goes.
Interesting thing. If I go to guest profile Spotify is there !!!?!??!?

so got 2.4.4 sunday overnight. LCA worked ok monday and not used tuesday. Today, LCA worked in the morning, and it stopped working this afternoon. Yes I know about waiting for the dashed lines. I even coasted for a few miles in case it needed to recalibrate but it did not kick on even after driving for 30 mins. Highway Assist was on that entire time.

Interestingly, and maybe coincidentally, the car also consistently showed offline to the app (when not on wifi), but is able to use the same cellular to stream iHeartRadio and respond to Hey Lucid.. so clearly it has cellular data, but not interfacing to the app. I even checked when I stopped in traffic while in the car. When the car got on home wifi, the lucid app connected it to it immediately. The car offline problem started this afternoon. I was able to access it this morning over cellular while I had it charging at chargepoint.

The object visualization is neat if not maybe a tad behind during the drive. However, it only engages when the cruise speed is set in either Highway Assist or on Adaptive Cruise. No visualization in either modes when the cruise speed is not set.. I recall someone saying they have lane visualization even without a cruise speed in either of those modes (but maybe i'm misremembering that)

Extended Stop and Go has worked ok, but also maybe a 1/4 second slower than my own reaction speed.

Keep at it Lucid!

I do not know for sure, but based on the issues and my IT background, I believe that Lucid's servers in the data centers are having issues. Non response, possibly outages, not able to handle the volume... Very little of the lucid functionality is actually in our cars, it all gets shipped to the backend for processing. Lucid is very opaque on this kind of thing. The good news is, that if I am right, then it does not require another software release on our cars, just better robustness on the backend. That is an easier problem to fix.

I do not know for sure, but based on the issues and my IT background, I believe that Lucid's servers in the data centers are having issues. Non response, possibly outages, not able to handle the volume... Very little of the lucid functionality is actually in our cars, it all gets shipped to the backend for processing. Lucid is very opaque on this kind of thing. The good news is, that if I am right, then it does not require another software release on our cars, just better robustness on the backend. That is an easier problem to fix.
That’s my hypothesis as well but hard to see how that affects some of the in-car functions like lane change assist (stopped working for ). There should be no dependency on backend services.

Back