OTA Update 2.1.64

Cool. That didn’t answer our questions, lol, and in the interest of understanding if this is a real issue or due to you not having mobile key set up, I’m still curious.

But cool. :)
Mobile key was setup many moons ago

IMG_6350.webp

Mobile key was setup many moons ago

View attachment 20575

Then I suggest, in this new moon, deleting and removing the mobile key from both phone and car (carefully following the instructions, including forgetting the Bluetooth device), and trying it again. If it still fails, you need to see service because you have a hardware issue likely with your antennas.

Last edited:
Funny how this has evolved into two threads in one... I have a Pixel 7, and I never take the fob with me. With regard to the Pixel asking for your five digit code... If auto-open does not work, and you use the app to wake the car and unlock the door, the car will not recognize who the user is, and the code number will be asked for. Instead of opening the app, while you are standing by the car, you should toggle Bluetooth off and then on again, and the app (running in the background) will quickly activate the auto-open, AND recognize you as an authorized driver. [BTW, if you do it the first (aka wrong) way, the car will ask for your code every time you get in the car UNTIL you exit the car, lock the car, and when you return, let the auto-open function do it's thing. Hope this helps.

At least for iPhone, the new Lucid mobile app is super stable and quick, nearly as quick as the Volvo EV app which is impressive since the Lucid app has many more features than the Volvo app. As for mobile key, never bothered with it, always have the fob in my pocket, have only had to manually unlock the car by pressing the fob maybe 3 times in the last year and that was due to a low Keyfob battery. I have noticed since the prior OTA my key fob has been plowing through batteries, at first I thought it was a bad batch but I’ve had both energized and Panasonic bitterant free batteries and I’ll get the “no key fob detected” alert briefly quite often. 🤷‍♂️ has any other fob devotee noticed this more often lately?

I just got the same message for the first time.
If the car locks and unlocks 10 times without a door opening, it disables passive unlock for 4 hours

If the car locks and unlocks 10 times without a door opening, it disables passive unlock for 4 hours
Ok thanks. I did not know that.

Ok thanks. I did not know that.
It’s an attempt to resolve the complaint that the car opens and closes and opens and closes when you are working in the garage, for example. You’ll need to actually press the door handle unlock it if it goes into that mode.

It’s an attempt to resolve the complaint that the car opens and closes and opens and closes when you are working in the garage, for example. You’ll need to actually press the door handle unlock it if it goes into that mode.
Now I know why I always have to press the door handle in the morning. The app says the car is waking up during the night, I think because we don't always put the key fobs in their pouches, and they're not that far from the garage.

At least for iPhone, the new Lucid mobile app is super stable and quick, nearly as quick as the Volvo EV app which is impressive since the Lucid app has many more features than the Volvo app. As for mobile key, never bothered with it, always have the fob in my pocket, have only had to manually unlock the car by pressing the fob maybe 3 times in the last year and that was due to a low Keyfob battery. I have noticed since the prior OTA my key fob has been plowing through batteries, at first I thought it was a bad batch but I’ve had both energized and Panasonic bitterant free batteries and I’ll get the “no key fob detected” alert briefly quite often. 🤷‍♂️ has any other fob devotee noticed this more often lately?
Make sure your fob batteries don’t have bitterant …

Still no new update ☹️. This is my first time its this late and i normally get them with in the first day or two.

So far I've always had to wait about 3 weeks. Let's see how fast it goes this time.

I wonder if this is an update that isn’t fleet-wide. Maybe Lucid identified some cars with certain hardware from a different manufacturer that needed an update. I believe this has happened in the past where some cars skipped a small update only for all of us to get caught up to a much bigger (and more robust) update later.

I wonder if this is an update that isn’t fleet-wide. Maybe Lucid identified some cars with certain hardware from a different manufacturer that needed an update. I believe this has happened in the past where some cars skipped a small update only for all of us to get caught up to a much bigger (and more robust) update later.

Can confirm it’s happened before. No idea if this is the same thing.

I signed up to get it early and I did went ahead and updated the car but there’s really nothing here. No new features. No menu changes. It’s just a very minor update.

Don't get too caught up in the early update list you all signed up for. Some updates are so small they are just going to push them out to everyone in batches. It's the more significant updates that will likely be sent a few days early to those who volunteered.

It's not a beta program, by any means. Lucid doesn't roll like that. They aren't going to push half-baked software to a large group of non-employees hoping you catch all their bugs for them.

I use the fob but have not noticed any new issue with the batteries wearing out fast(er)

I just updated. Not sure if it will fix any remaining problems or not. BUT, I also have been doing a lot of travel and have no idea what you all mean about signing up for prioritized updates. Can someone point me in the right direction, please? (fully expecting someone to point to the door lol)

I just updated. Not sure if it will fix any remaining problems or not. BUT, I also have been doing a lot of travel and have no idea what you all mean about signing up for prioritized updates. Can someone point me in the right direction, please? (fully expecting someone to point to the door lol)
There was a program announced by Lucid on this forum for people who want to be the first to receive updates. They took a few names and now the program is no longer open. Since that time, there has been one update but nobody got an early look so it is unclear as to what the program is actually for. I was hoping for some clarification on that, but for now i’m not exactly sure if it does anything other than give you the software a day or two in advance. It is not a beta testing program by any means.

Back