OTA Update 2.1.64

SO....I did what I'm about to share and my Pixel 8 Pro which used to be fairly unreliable, became reliable to where I only have used my key fob ONCE in all of last month and that too as added insurance as I knew it may rain. Its made the whole thing way more predictable in that I know that at a certain radius away from teh car, the door is about to unlock.

Anyway...here's what I did...I went to an open space (I think it was a parking space for a large public park) and I redid my Bluetooth carkey and audio connections from my phone slowly and diligently. Since then, I've had zero issues. And now I agree with all the tech folks who are going to tell me that doing it in my garage vs an open space shouldn't matter...and I agree as someone with a EE in Digital Signal Processing that what I am suggesting absolutely should not matter...but it somehow did. My sense/logic was that I simply wanted to pair my phone and car in as less 'noisy' an environment as possible...in tech jargon, I was looking for as low a 'noise floor' as possible so that the Signal-to-Noise-Ratio (SNR) for my devices' Tx/Rx was as less immune to noise spikes as possible...and again...YES I agree that it shouldn't matter...but since I did the setup in a very low EMF noise environment...and I've really had drastically better results. If someone could try this and see if they can replicate this I'd be grateful! Thanks!
Fixes do not always make sense. I have a Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphone. It has a weird problem. Any time I take it up to a high elevation, like a drive through mountains or a plane ride, the sound gets messed up, very quiet and extremely garbled. The weird thing is that it slowly comes back to life and is totally normal after a few days. So I haven't replaced it yet. But I finally looked it up on Google after my flight in April. A few sites said that if you take out the SIM card and reseat it, the sound returns. I realized I had lost the tool to open the SIM tray, so I went into a Verizon store and asked them to do it. Of course they told me I was totally wrong, that the SIM card and nothing to do with the speakers or sound, but they did it for me anyway after I pestered them. And sure enough, it was an immediate fix.

Pixels don't do well. Some things to keep in mind to improve the experience. Keep Bluetooth on when you expect to interact with the vehicle. This is the mechanism to lock and unlock the car via sensing, and the range of the Bluetooth can be surprisingly far on what I presume to be low humidity days.

Otherwise, relying and hoping the app has not been put in "sleep" mode to increase battery life is a fool's errand. Pixels do not like background running apps doing more than the absolute minimum. In the case of the app, that typically means not staying connected to the car.

I own a Pixel 7 Pro. This has been my experience.
Sticking my nose in a discussion I haven't followed closely.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but it is worth make sure you have the below option enabled. I discovered this when my nextcloud would randomly stop uploading to my personal cloud.

You can get to this setting by:
Click and hold the app icon, then select app info, then select app battery usage. Make sure you toggle the switch to allow the app to run in the background.

1000000841.png

Last edited:
I haven't been around as long as you have, but it feels like I see this kind of issue reported frequently. Do we all have defective phones or cars? How are you so certain that it isn't software-related? Just because it works for some people? Having a feature that works well for only iPhones or only certain antenna hardware or only X or Y or Z other variables doesn't mean the software is good.
Because it’s letting him in and then asking for a PIN. That means it is either losing connection to the phone (antenna issue, which is possible), or his phone is missing connection to the car.

Am I sure? Of course not, I don’t have the car in front of me to troubleshoot.

But I would bet $10 it’s hardware.

I've got a Pixel 7, and while the auto open/close can be a little temperamental, I think it performs pretty well. It's important to go into the phone's battery settings, and to set the app to run continuously in the background. I find that the auto open/close most often fails me when I return to the car after being away for just a little while. In those cases, I just toggle Bluetooth off and then back on again, and I find that the app opens the car almost immediately. The good thing about doing it that way, is that the car never asks you to input your five digit drive code.

Because it’s letting him in and then asking for a PIN. That means it is either losing connection to the phone (antenna issue, which is possible), or his phone is missing connection to the car.

Am I sure? Of course not, I don’t have the car in front of me to troubleshoot.

But I would bet $10 it’s hardware.
Also don't put the phone in the cupholder 😁

I have a iPhone 14 Pro with latest iOS and have tried the unpair-clean-pair thing a lot of times. 2 issues:
1. Wireless CarPlay is not stable for me and it stops working every now and then. I have switched to wired carplay and its very stable.
2. Using phone as mobile key has never worked for me. I use the fob.

I have told Lucid service centre in Seattle multiple times, but they say its a software issue and it should be fixed soon.
I have Air Touring from December 2022. Could it be a hardware issue?

I have a iPhone 14 Pro with latest iOS and have tried the unpair-clean-pair thing a lot of times. 2 issues:
1. Wireless CarPlay is not stable for me and it stops working every now and then. I have switched to wired carplay and its very stable.

I have told Lucid service centre in Seattle multiple times, but they say its a software issue and it should be fixed soon.
Are you on the latest Lucid app version? The one that came out about a week ago? Mobile key connectivity has massively improved with the new native iOS app.

1. Agreed. The wireless CarPlay is hit or miss
2. Do you force close your apps? Like swipe up to kill the apps. You have to keep the app open in the background like this. You can’t make that card disappear.
IMG_5476.png

Ahh, Pixel explains a lot. Mobile key does not play well with Pixel and it's due to the way Pixel phones force close apps.
I have this issue when the Lucid app is open (after turning on climate), not only when it has been inactive for hours.

Just want to say I use wireless carplay every day. I've never plugged it in. It works every single time, except for the rare occasion when it gets confused because I walk out of range with the car still unlocked/awake. If I let the car sleep for a moment after that it comes back and continues working fine.

Ahh, Pixel explains a lot. Mobile key does not play well with Pixel and it's due to the way Pixel phones force close apps.
Ya, this. Still waiting for a new device that catches my eye so I can hop over to it from my Pixel... 😭

I'm fairly certain the only stragglers with issues on mobile key (assuming they've done all the necessary steps) are Pixel users at this point (myself included)

SO....I did what I'm about to share and my Pixel 8 Pro which used to be fairly unreliable, became reliable to where I only have used my key fob ONCE in all of last month and that too as added insurance as I knew it may rain. Its made the whole thing way more predictable in that I know that at a certain radius away from teh car, the door is about to unlock.

Anyway...here's what I did...I went to an open space (I think it was a parking space for a large public park) and I redid my Bluetooth carkey and audio connections from my phone slowly and diligently. Since then, I've had zero issues. And now I agree with all the tech folks who are going to tell me that doing it in my garage vs an open space shouldn't matter...and I agree as someone with a EE in Digital Signal Processing that what I am suggesting absolutely should not matter...but it somehow did. My sense/logic was that I simply wanted to pair my phone and car in as less 'noisy' an environment as possible...in tech jargon, I was looking for as low a 'noise floor' as possible so that the Signal-to-Noise-Ratio (SNR) for my devices' Tx/Rx was as less immune to noise spikes as possible...and again...YES I agree that it shouldn't matter...but since I did the setup in a very low EMF noise environment...and I've really had drastically better results. If someone could try this and see if they can replicate this I'd be grateful! Thanks!
Might have to give this a try when I'm back from my road trip!

Are you on the latest Lucid app version? The one that came out about a week ago? Mobile key connectivity has massively improved with the new native iOS app.
I always carry my fob now so haven't tested the phone key in the last 2 weeks. I can try that and get back.
Between what do you mean by new native iOS app?

1. Agreed. The wireless CarPlay is hit or miss
2. Do you force close your apps? Like swipe up to kill the apps. You have to keep the app open in the background like this. You can’t make that card disappear.
No I don't kill the apps.

I always carry my fob now so haven't tested the phone key in the last 2 weeks. I can try that and get back.
Between what do you mean by new native iOS app?

No I don't kill the apps.
Lucid released a new iPhone app that is built on native iOS compared to Flutter. @borski @joec and @Bobby have more information on this. From what I hear, it's much more stable and mobile key is better.

Lucid released a new iPhone app that is built on native iOS compared to Flutter. @borski @joec and @Bobby have more information on this. From what I hear, it's much more stable and mobile key is better.
Ohh so it is based on Swift language and not google's in-house Flutter. Hmm its interesting that Lucid didn't mention such a big change in the release notes.

Ya, this. Still waiting for a new device that catches my eye so I can hop over to it from my Pixel... 😭

I'm fairly certain the only stragglers with issues on mobile key (assuming they've done all the necessary steps) are Pixel users at this point (myself included)
My 8Pro has been working great since last month or so..

I mistakenly thought this thread was about an update to the cars software.

Isn’t this the same reason why the placebo also may work in double blind drug trials?

I mistakenly thought this thread was about an update to the cars software.
Wondering the same. Is there any new update? Updates website still shows ??

Back