2.4.x OTA

You say that as though this is the final iteration. This is the first generation of the AI assistant. There's ample reason to think it'll become more useful with time.
Lucid has not indicated in any way that they will restore lost smart integration features. The lack of communication is worthy of Tesla.

After the 2.4.4 update, the wake up process with app is faster. I've noticed that when I open the app, the car charge % shows 0% while waking up. Once the car wakes up, the actual charge % (example 75%) shows up. Did anyone else experienced this?
Yup, same here. I noticed it said 0% right after updating when I had 52%. I thought for a minute that the update drained the battery but it showed the correct soc soon after that

Kicked off the update from Newark so it would be done when I land in Phoenix. Seemed to start ok but then the vehicle went offline. Tried force closing the app but it remains offline so not sure if it’s actually updating. Guess I’ll figure it out when I land.

VERY strange update…I downloaded 2.4.4 yesterday afternoon and wanted to read the release notes but neither screen would respond despite the fact that it said they were available and the Lucid Assistant was working. This morning, I was going to go for a test drive but discovered immediately that the side view cameras were not working and the home link button would not activate despite the fact that it was now showing when I backed up. I did a logo reset twice and no improvement. I then called Lucid but after ten minutes of being on hold, I saw that the problems had fixed themselves somehow.
I went for a short drive and decided to check out the NAV. I asked Lucid to drive home (4-5 miles) and it gave directions to somewhere 1300 miles away (after saying my correct address) which would take a day and a half and leave me with 47 miles of range. !?!
I reset it twice and got the same results. I’m just going to leave the NAV alone for awhile and hope it fixes itself (or I get a new update).

After the 2.4.4 update, the wake up process with app is faster. I've noticed that when I open the app, the car charge % shows 0% while waking up. Once the car wakes up, the actual charge % (example 75%) shows up. Did anyone else experienced this?
After 2.4.4 the wake up process on my car still takes 4-5 minutes

Carplay simply disappeared from my wife's profile. She needed to un-Ppair her phone and re-pair her phone for Carplay to come back. It could have been a fluke and unrelated to 2.4.4 update.
I had the same issue, but think it might have been the update to iOS18 on my phone. A quick unpair and reset up of the phone fixed the issue for me and it’s still working fine a couple of days later.

After 2.4.4 the wake up process on my car still takes 4-5 minutes
Interesting I just tried for the first time with 2.4.4. It would normally take 20-30 seconds to wake the vehicle. Took out 5 seconds this time so definitely an improvement. I think however you're at the mercy of the AT&T signal so if you're in a weak area there's not much the update can do.

Lucid has not indicated in any way that they will restore lost smart integration features. The lack of communication is worthy of Tesla.
Do we really need them to? You can still use Alexa via Alexa Auto, or Siri via Carplay, or soon enough Google Assistant via Android Auto.

The only things that would be "lost" would be voice controls for vehicle functions, which it seems like Lucid's voice system already does. I don't see why there's any value to them re-inventing the wheel that's already available. Just a waste of time they could instead invest in vehicle features instead of controlling an IoT toaster from your car.

Update on my 2023 Air Pure just completed (about 2 hours). Success!

Also, the hey Lucid voice is not pleasant, is there a way to change this?
I agree with you on this one. Not a major problem, but it would be great to be able to change the voice, gender, even the accent, the way Alexa can. I find the Hey Lucid voice artificial and irritating to listen to.

Wow, I guess I'm lucky the one here - after updating to 2.4.4, i felt it made the car a whole lot better! Absolutely no issues and I'm happy. Looks like it's mostly people with DD pro that are having issues...
I have pro and am absolutely thrilled with the update.

Hi, everyone. This is a great thread to follow today. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback.

We understand that the switch to Lucid Assistant may affect ways in which owners have previously interacted with the car. We will continue to enhance functionality of the Lucid Assistant, and we are looking into integrating additional media apps in Air. Amazon Music is not playable through Lucid Assistant as it was with Amazon Alexa, though owners can continue to use the Amazon Music app on iPhone through CarPlay or on their phone through Bluetooth.
@Kfederico, Actually, Lucid did respond in this thread early on to issues about losing Alexa (see above). I think you just need to give Lucid a bit of time to fine-tune and improve a new update that hasn't even finished initial rollout.

Do we really need them to? You can still use Alexa via Alexa Auto, or Siri via Carplay, or soon enough Google Assistant via Android Auto.

The only things that would be "lost" would be voice controls for vehicle functions, which it seems like Lucid's voice system already does. I don't see why there's any value to them re-inventing the wheel that's already available. Just a waste of time they could instead invest in vehicle features instead of controlling an IoT toaster from your car.
I found that the things I'm interested in doing worked much better (or at all) with hey Lucid. Selecting specific Sirius channels worked great, turning the climate control up/down worked great.

I found that the things I'm interested in doing worked much better (or at all) with hey Lucid. Selecting specific Sirius channels worked great, turning the climate control up/down worked great.
Just started a thread on it in the software area. Could I ask you to post there so we can start building a library of known capabilities? This thread is a....*checking notes*....hot mess.

Back