2.4.x OTA

What's the point? Lucid has made it pretty clear its intentions are on highway driving not city streets. Is seeing a visualization of a garbage can really that important......
It is if you want to fight littering. Put litter in its place. Of course you could also do that by insulting litter when you see it. Tell it that it's nothing but trash.

It is if you want to fight littering. Put litter in its place. Of course you could also do that by insulting litter when you see it. Tell it that it's nothing but trash.
I just take it home and put it in the litterbox.

Just received an update notification for my 2023 Pure AWD!
I received 2.4.4 the other day. Looks great. I did try and play music through the "Hey Lucid" interface and have a puzzling response. Before the upgrade, with the Amazon interface, if I said "Play the Rolling Stones", Amazon would start playing a song from their library. Now with the upgrade, the software gives the request to Tidal. When Tidal gets it, the graphic from the song comes up and it looks like it is playing the music but nothing is coming out of the speakers (it is not on mute). Anyone else see this behavior?

Yay got my update last night, tried DD Pro. Much better now! Glad i got the Pro feature. Before it felt more like a lane keeping system, underdamped and you had to help it. Now it takes turns / maneuvers more confidently.

I feel like they caught up with my old 2016 Model S in terms of functionality now, which actually I'm ok with. Big workload burden off in traffic and now with auto restart its much more convenient.
They'd still have to add the ability to move it back and forth with an app or with the fob. That can actually be a useful feature, although I've never had a need for Tesla's smart ass summon.

Lucid is ahead of what that Tesla does in many ways, including lane biasing, not having the system disengage from too much torque after asking the driver to apply torque, etc. Lucid also changes lanes more smoothly, and once it says that it's going to change lanes, you don't have to worry about how long to hold the turn signal or risk it aborting.

I don't have enough experience with Lucid's implementation yet, but I found that it changes lanes sooner. It also refuses to change lanes in more situations than the Tesla would, if it perceives that there isn't enough room. I haven't tried it in situations where there's more than a slight difference in speed between the lanes. Tesla's lag (more with automated lane changes than driver initiated ones) can be long enough that some drivers will decide to pass you to get out of your way when they think you aren't changing lanes yet.

Lucid is ahead in other ways too, and even ahead of Teslas with their newest hardware in some ways. Tesla does have visualization, but doesn't have standard blind spot indicators on most vehicles. They added camera views, but Lucid's are a good substitution for side view mirrors while Tesla's make it hard to judge distance. Plus, Tesla put those displays in the wrong place.

Lucid also has more comprehensive AEB, including when in reverse, where Tesla is sorely lacking.

In terms of day to day driving, automated lane changes was the big one, compared to Teslas from late 2014 onward. While I'd like to see more automated features, aside from having the new ones work in more places, the ones it doesn't have aren't ones that would make a difference to me in typical driving.

If the current ones had been in place when the Air came out, my reservation would have turned to an order on day one.

• Hmm
Reactions: DBV
This is quite unfortunate. Whether it was advertised or not, our family enjoyed listening to music and using it for other things through Alexa. This was the only way I could listen to higher res audio through Amazon music. Was there licensing reasons for this?

There was a rumor of a native Amazon music app.. is that on the horizon?
I’m not happy! One of my main reasons for buying the Lucid GT was the fact that it had a smart Ai! I use Alexa for a lot of stuff in the car, like opening my garage door, or playing music in the car, turning on lights, etc. Why did Lucid get rid of Alexa and replace it with this app that does nothing?

I’m not happy! One of my main reasons for buying the Lucid GT was the fact that it had a smart Ai! I use Alexa for a lot of stuff in the car, like opening my garage door, or playing music in the car, turning on lights, etc. Why did Lucid get rid of Alexa and replace it with this app that does nothing?
You say that as though this is the final iteration. This is the first generation of the AI assistant. There's ample reason to think it'll become more useful with time.

Same here. Just starting today, 9/25, my car goes off-line whenever it hasn’t been used for more than 30 minutes and the only way to regain control is to physically open the doors. I have not updated the car to 2.4 yet
I’m on 2.4.2 and the car has gone offline many times in last 3 days. As a matter of fact, it’s offline right now. I’ve texted CS as a FYI.

Alexa was touted by Lucid as being the preeminent Ai, and they said it was included in my Lucid, and this was a sales pitch!!

There are other threads about this. Aside from whether it's addressed by adding Android Auto, a native Amazon Music app, more intelligence or anything else, I find it hard to believe that Lucid didn't anticipate this sort of reaction and take proactive steps to tell people who rely on Alexa for certain things what direction things are taking. Hey Lucid is the least well documented change of the bunch.

If I would have revised that my Lucid GT was going to lose it’s Ai, I would have never updated to 2.4.4!

Alexa was touted by Lucid as being the preeminent Ai, and they said it was included in my Lucid, and this was a sales pitch!!
Possible causes:
  1. Cheaper, because they don't have to pay Amazon.
  2. Privacy, they don't want to share their drivers' data with Amazon.

IMO it's a mistake trying to reinvent the wheel and build your own feature, when you're clearly having difficulties delivering on other features you already have.

V2H was also touted when I bought my car; still waiting. Some people (not me) were told Android Auto was coming and they are still waiting. This is a relatively new company and priorities change along with technology improvements. Try to enjoy your car and move on. Alexa isn't coming back so get over it.

As a warning, Lucid should have made sure that Owners knew that they would lose the Alexa Ai if they installed 2.4.4.

Amazon was reported to have lost nearly $10B on the Alexa program in 2022 and they (Amazon) have done several rounds of mass layoffs of the Alexa team. It is unlikely that Alexa as an Amazon product/business survives for much longer, and so it makes sense why Lucid had to start the transition away from relying on a 3rd party service that no longer has support within the company that made it.

If I would have revised that my Lucid GT was going to lose it’s Ai, I would have never updated to 2.4.4!
did you read the release notes that were available for review directly within the car prior to upgrading?

It's somewhat moot, admittedly, because it's unlikely that you'd want to fall behind on either features as they become available, however I would argue that had you read the release notes ahead of time, you could've made an informed decision at the time.

I'm personally thrilled that they chose to replace it. They can now control their own destiny and fully leverage local AI models with function calling, a quickly evolving space with large language models. I'd encourage you to take a longer term view, and have some faith that they are doing this for a reason. There's also mounting evidence that Alex, in its present form, is going away.

And here. we. go. Pure AWD

IMG_5059.webp

Last edited:
Back