2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

I installed 2.4.2 OTA about 4 days ago. Overall, I think it is a step in the right direction.

That said, with 2.4.2, the functionality of the driver assist really only brings Lucid up to the current industry baseline. Prior to 2.4.2, it was like 8 year behind the competitors.

While I welcome the update, there are a few things that I think are still missing and should be easy fixes/addition.

[1] the screen now shows 3 lanes with traffic. That's great. However, there is a noticeable lag (perhaps 0.25 sec) when a car passes me on the adjacent lanes and when it appears on the screen. I wonder if that can be improved.

[2] A feature on my Rivian that I found really helpful is the blind-spot alert on the traffic display. See attached image. In reality, the (now) 3-lane traffic display is pretty but it doesn't give me any more driving information that I already knew. As I look forward, I can see all the same traffic. The only difference is the pretty dash display (which I like). However, the blind-spot alert is quite helpful if I consider changing lanes. This (blind-spot) detection is already in the system. All Lucid has to do is to code it so it shows as a an alert on the dash.

[3] Several owners bemoaned the lack of a real-time "Efficiency Meter" in the Lucid. There is one on the Rivian dash. I think Tesla has one as well. I find it very helpful in optimizing my driving and make real-time decisions about whether I can make it to my next charging station. I think Lucid should look into implementing such a gauge.

Notice that on the Rivian, its Efficiency Meter baseline is 2mi/kWh. In actual driving, my R1S often do better than that, often 10-20% better and perhaps another 10% more if I drive in "Conserve" mode. Yes, the Lucid is more efficient than the Rivian, but not as much as you think!

If Lucid implement such an efficiency meter, I hope they use a realistic baseline, certainly not 5 mi/kWh.

Attachments

• Rivian Dash.webp
    Rivian Dash.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 114
The lack of official communication from Lucid about what is going on with this important update is frustrating. Once again Lucid is failing in its communications with its most important advocates, its customers.

We can only guess there are issues with this update that are preventing widespread distribution. We don't know the severity of the problems.

Companies that are not upfront and forthright with their customers about product issues end up with less than stellar reputations. At worst, they end up like Boeing today, with tarnished reputations that take many years to fix.

Hey Lucid, can you please tell us what's going on with this latest update? It's okay to detail the problems with the update and say we are working to fix them and then we will resume its distribution. It's not okay to say nothing at this point.

Last edited:
The lack of official communication from Lucid about what is going on with this important update is frustrating. Once again Lucid is failing in it's communications with its most important advocates, its customers.

We can only guess there are issues with this update that are preventing widespread distribution. We don't know the severity of the problems.

Companies that are not upfront and forthright with their customers about product issues end up with less than stellar reputations. At worst, they end up like Boeing today, with tarnished reputations that take many years to fix.

Hey Lucid, can you please tell us what's going on with this latest update? It's okay to detail the problems with the update and say we are working to fix them and then we will resume its distribution. It's not okay to say nothing at this point.
Agreed. Lucid clearly considers this a landmark update, and the longer this drags on, the more important it will be for them to say something.

The lack of official communication from Lucid about what is going on with this important update is frustrating. Once again Lucid is failing in its communications with its most important advocates, its customers.

At least they should says it's paused rather than update is queue and you will receive it.

If you notice they don't say in the press release how long the rollout takes. There is no mystery here tbh and they don't need to say anything anytime soon. People are just being impatient. It's very logical that they pause and squash bugs on these updates. This isnt the first time its happened.

I think ppl are panicking for no reason.. this will take time and I am glad they are taking it slow but steady … I feel this is going to be a late OTA if they exceed 2 months then it is overdue. This is a major update so this is normal

Take Apple as an example they announced iOS 18 and they are stilling baking it even after release of iPhone 16

This is the way things run with software and it is totally normal

Question about "Hey, Lucid":

When I would request songs by a particular artist using Alexa, I would get continuing songs by that artist until either the library was exhausted on the streaming service or I requested a different artist. With "Hey, Lucid" I get one song by the requested artist and then I start getting a mix of artists from the same genre.

Is there a way to get it to work as it did with Alexa?

I don't get it. Apple/Google do this all the time with slow rollouts. they don't always communicate the issues but resolve them before going to a wider audience. i can see a million reasons why Lucid doesn't want to communicate every single issue they found.

comparing this to Boeing's situation is absurd.

I guess I got lucky mine's been solid.
are you saying that Hey LUCID provides fast and extensive info as did Alexa? I can't get simple info such as restaurant hours, distance to a place, etc. Weather and time work but slow to respond. Surprised LUCID didn't thoroughly vet the replacement before deleting Alexa. Also, there is an issue ...not just me ... that prevents Car Play and the mobile device from functioning at the same time. If Car Play is active and you ask LUCID to make a call you get a message to pair a device. If you connect your phone it deactiv rates Car Play.

Alexa will be missed. Easy way to get all kinds of information while on the go hands free.
Hey Lucid returns similar info. For those who can't get info, what questions are you asking?

Are those of you unhappy about Alexa mostly Android users? Will you be happy in a month or two when AA lands and you can just use Google Assistant for the non-car things? That's the way I look at it, Lucid's assistant just needs to control car functions, I'm going to use Siri for everything else anyway.

As I look forward, I can see all the same traffic. The only difference is the pretty dash display (which I like). However, the blind-spot alert is quite helpful if I consider changing lanes. This (blind-spot) detection is already in the system. All Lucid has to do is to code it so it shows as a an alert on the dash.
This exists. Try initiating an automatic lane change, and if it can’t, it will highlight the reason as red. That is, the amber cars on your dash that are the reason it can’t initialize a lane change will be red instead of amber *while* it cannot initiate the change, in order to inform you why.

If you notice they don't say in the press release how long the rollout takes. There is no mystery here tbh and they don't need to say anything anytime soon. People are just being impatient. It's very logical that they pause and squash bugs on these updates. This isnt the first time its happened.
Precisely.

are you saying that Hey LUCID provides fast and extensive info as did Alexa? I can't get simple info such as restaurant hours, distance to a place, etc. Weather and time work but slow to respond. Surprised LUCID didn't thoroughly vet the replacement before deleting Alexa. Also, there is an issue ...not just me ... that prevents Car Play and the mobile device from functioning at the same time. If Car Play is active and you ask LUCID to make a call you get a message to pair a device. If you connect your phone it deactiv rates Car Play.
No, of course not. This is the first version of it ever. It’s going to improve. Alexa, on the other hand, is only going to degrade.

Please report the bug re: making a call to Lucid.

Alexa will be missed. Easy way to get all kinds of information while on the go hands free.
Nah, it won’t. Change is hard, but Lucid did the right thing here by gaining control. Alexa was a black box Amazon was never going to invest in again, which made it impossible to extend or fix.

Now, it’s on Lucid, but at least they *can*

I’ve tried the obvious: sunbathing my car, parking near the tech gurus, and even someone else attempting a high-altitude hack with a Tesla. But alas, the quest for the perfect parking spot to receive the update remains a comedic tragedy. So, I’ve decided to take my chances on Mount Everest. 😆

If CarPlay is active, you should ask Siri to make a call, not Lucid.

Are those of you unhappy about Alexa mostly Android users? Will you be happy in a month or two when AA lands and you can just use Google Assistant for the non-car things? That's the way I look at it, Lucid's assistant just needs to control car functions, I'm going to use Siri for everything else anyway.
Heck no, we're wishing for Google Assistant. Alexa has always been second rate. ;)

Besides the issue with "Hey, Lucid" not continuing to play music from the artist I requested, I also find that music streaming will not restart on its own after I use Siri to make or receive a call as it did with Alexa. I now have to go into the music menu and hit the "play" button.

Pretty much. Alexa will do a few things that Google Assistant won't, such as working with smart devices that are compatible with Alexa only. I have a few smart bulbs that were bundled with other items I bought on Amazon, and I don't think I have any actually in use. The big omission is the ability to control some of my Z-wave devices. But they aren't ones I'd be likely to want to control from the car, except under extremely unlikely theoretical scenarios that could be handled by pulling over and using my smartphone. I'm sure there are ways around it, and people here who would be more than happy to veer off topic to go into some of this, but the only things that I'd want to use Alexa for that Google won't handle are Alexa features that Lucid wasn't handling anyway. I can take "implement missing Alexa features" off my wish list.

While on a hiking / bakery expedition yesterday morning in our other EV with Google assistant, we asked the car to define 'screed' and also to explain the difference between marzipan and frangipane. Both worked perfectly one the first try. Out of curiosity I asked the same of my Air later in the day - it got 'screed' correct but failed on marzipan vs frangipane. 'Hey Lucid' was working better than I expected at this early point in its development. I hope the Lucid realizes that the industry bar is Google Assistant in cars (and eventually Gemini), not the lower standard of Alexa.

I did slightly miss being able to control and query my garage doors with the loss of Alexa, but the newly-reachable Homelink controls are good enough. We can still control them via Google Assistant on our other EV, so the work I did to install the Konnected GDO cloud interface is still helpful.

Back