2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

DD = Dream Drive basic
IMG_3006.webp

Thank you; I found the differences…

The warning image shows your hands should be resting at the 2 and 10. I don’t see anywhere in the manual recommending you rest your hands on the 5 and 7. I tried every position and still get the warning unless I wiggling the steering wheel. Is my torque sensor in need of an adjustment from service I wonder??

Maybe get it checked. Hands on the steering wheel aren't even needed, it's just the torque.

I literally hang one finger on the cross arm of the steering wheel when I'm doing a long highway drive. The weight of my hand hanging by the finger gives it enough torque so I don't get the message.

I don't understand the logic behind their OTA. It seems some Pure with DD basic received their update while Touring with DDPro haven't receive anything.

Not sure there is logic. I have a GT and I've been amongst the first and amongst the last on different releases over the years.

I don't understand the logic behind their OTA. It seems some Pure with DD basic received their update while Touring with DDPro haven't receive anything.
Maybe a random sampling of VINs followed by a huge announcement and press release followed by a 72+ hour pause.

It's funny after 3 years of OTAs people are still trying to figure out Lucid's OTA release schedule for cars 🤣

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift... that's why they call it the present!”

It's funny after 3 years of OTAs people are still trying to figure out Lucid's OTA release schedule for cars 🤣

“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift... that's why they call it the present!”
No offense @hydbob, 2.4.x is a major update for Dream Drive. Perhaps some of us really want to use some of the newly added DD features.

I do think they should be a little more transparent than "here's an awesome update some people are getting today, you may get it sometime in the next two weeks, call us if you don't."

No offense @hydbob, 2.4.x is a major update for Dream Drive. Perhaps some of us really want to use some of the newly added DD features.
No, we understand, trust me. I *have* the update and can't use Lane Change Assist yet due to an issue. For some, the update made them unable to go into HA at all. For most, they were totally fine.

My strong suspicion is that they've paused while they do some root cause analysis, fix things, and then will ship out another update. There is no reason for more people to face these bugs, so I suspect that's what's going on.

The "logic" of who gets the OTA when is impossible to figure out, and at this point I've just basically accepted that they throw all the VINs into a figurative bucket and pick them out at random. Accept that as fact, and you'll forever be a little more relaxed and patient, since nothing you can do will affect the rate at which you get the OTA. (But of course call customer care after a week or so if you haven't gotten it, with the exception of this one, as it does not appear to be rolling out any longer)

I also believe that the current OTA update is on hold until all issues are resolved. They will probably resume sending out new corrected version to us that makes it more robust. I don't know if anyone else noticed to me it seems that after Mike Bell departure we see more future reach OTA updates more often. On the other hand it seems there are more issues reported by owners with each release being out. This is understandable with higher number of complicated features. I just hope that their software QA department was not negatively impacted by previous lay offs.

No, we understand, trust me. I *have* the update and can't use Lane Change Assist yet due to an issue. For some, the update made them unable to go into HA at all. For most, they were totally fine.

My strong suspicion is that they've paused while they do some root cause analysis, fix things, and then will ship out another update. There is no reason for more people to face these bugs, so I suspect that's what's going on.

The "logic" of who gets the OTA when is impossible to figure out, and at this point I've just basically accepted that they throw all the VINs into a figurative bucket and pick them out at random. Accept that as fact, and you'll forever be a little more relaxed and patient, since nothing you can do will affect the rate at which you get the OTA. (But of course call customer care after a week or so if you haven't gotten it, with the exception of this one, as it does not appear to be rolling out any longer)
I received 2.4.2 and Lane Change Assist has worked for me about 1 in 4 tries, also, there is a weird thing that happens when a motorcycle splits the lanes....I've noticed the following:
As the motorcycle passes, its generally going faster than traffic so the car will speed up to maintain pace/distance with he motorcycle and then as the motorcycle passes it goes back to tracking the car in front and you get a somewhat more aggressive braking than is normal. When this happens, the Highway Assist alert comes on and it will sometimes (maybe 1 in 5 occurences) deactivate after notifying that it's about to do so.

I had good luck with lane change with 2.4 and Pure AWD DDp. Today, it did come to a complete stop with HA and picked up where it left off. Apparently, the sensors in all the cars are not the same and that makes the QA matrix a lot more challenging. With this particular update many people had issues to be fixed. It seems that 2.4.2 was also not quite fixing all the issues. Lucid has always been conservative in the updates and it is a good thing.

Parking right next to the developer's and tester's room. Waiting for update .... Will keep you posted if this works 😃 😃

I received 2.4.2 and Lane Change Assist has worked for me about 1 in 4 tries, also, there is a weird thing that happens when a motorcycle splits the lanes....I've noticed the following:
As the motorcycle passes, its generally going faster than traffic so the car will speed up to maintain pace/distance with he motorcycle and then as the motorcycle passes it goes back to tracking the car in front and you get a somewhat more aggressive braking than is normal. When this happens, the Highway Assist alert comes on and it will sometimes (maybe 1 in 5 occurences) deactivate after notifying that it's about to do so.
What do you mean it has worked 1 in 4 tries? If it works at all, it should work every time. How are you using it?

My buddy made the mistake of thinking he had to hold it the first click while he held the wheel, which would have been absurd UX; but this meant the system was half-engaged, and was throwing him around with each lane change as it tried to make it too quickly.

If you simply hold the lever up or down (all the way) in either direction for a second, then let go, it will make the change *when it decides it is safe to do so*, and not necessarily immediately. It will show you a red car or object as the blocker for why it can’t. When it resolves, you’ll see chevrons leading into the next lane as it begins making the change.

It’ll show up to three items when you’re in reverse. So if you have more than three Homelink items programmed, make sure that the ones that matter are the first three.
The problem is practicality. If they added a way to reorder the entries, great. If I have to program them again, it's bad enough having to drive to the gate and annoy people by opening and closing it unnecessarily. But if I remove my garage and add it back in, but it ends up at the bottom of the list, it's a problem. Sure, I can remove my sister in law's gate, drive 45 minutes to her house and add it back in so geolocation works, and then drive home for 45 minutes, but if I hit traffic it can become impractical.

Tried to ask for a repush as the previous update failed
The response from CS was to wait 2-3 weeks and reach out

The warning makes HA unusable for me. Even if I have my hands on the wheel, the warning still pops up. You have to shake the steering wheel every 15-30 seconds which on a long drive takes more effort on my arms than to not use HA. The only plus side to this is it gives my arms a workout. Highway Assist should be called Highway Arm Workout. Or HAW for short.
It would be great to see it go away, so you could hold the wheel loosely and not have to worry about it. What I like about Lucid is that it requires less pressure on the wheel than on my previous car, and unlike that other car, tugging too hard won't disengage auto steer. If it does, it will re-engage.

Tried to ask for a repush as the previous update failed
The response from CS was to wait 2-3 weeks and reach out
Such an aborted rollout, especially for something they pumped up so much. In one of their major presentations, they literally had a slide of people's comments saying how amazing it is. Can you imagine what the rollout of UX 3.0 is going to look like?

Such an aborted rollout, especially for something they pumped up so much. In one of their major presentations, they literally had a slide of people's comments saying how amazing it is. Can you imagine what the rollout of UX 3.0 is going to look like?
Given a choice between people on the web complaining that they haven't gotten it yet and people on the web complaining that they got it but it has problems, I think that the latter looks worse.

Back