2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

So far my update is great, I haven't figured out the lane change thing yet, it did it once, but I didn't hold it. Just put the signal on and waited and it made the change

Also anyone notice if Adaptive Cruise control is more smooth in smooth mode? Or better in Swift or Sprint? Because in smooth mode, if you're approaching someone in rush hour who's stopped quickly, it will use regent, then use the brakes which is not a smooth stop (but also because smooth mode has less aggressive regen) whereas in swift and sprint which has much more aggressive regen, sometimes does adaptive cruise control slowing down more elegantly, but the ride itself is stiffer as the suspension in those modes are more stiff and tight

So far my update is great, I haven't figured out the lane change thing yet, it did it once, but I didn't hold it. Just put the signal on and waited and it made the change

Also anyone notice if Adaptive Cruise control is more smooth in smooth mode? Or better in Swift or Sprint? Because in smooth mode, if you're approaching someone in rush hour who's stopped quickly, it will use regent, then use the brakes which is not a smooth stop (but also because smooth mode has less aggressive regen) whereas in swift and sprint which has much more aggressive regen, sometimes does adaptive cruise control slowing down more elegantly, but the ride itself is stiffer as the suspension in those modes are more stiff and tight
As far as the signal goes, there are three possibilities:
1. Slightly move it so it flashes three times
2. Move it past the detent so it stays on
3. Hold it in the slight position, before the detent for about one second and it will know that you want it to change lanes automatically.

Welp, while the app (latest version and 2.4.2 in the car) had been waking up the car consistently within a few seconds, it no longer does so. Back to the old "taking longer than expected" message. Deleting and re-installing the app made no difference. I don't understand how it can be working fine and then just simply stop working. Anyway, 2.4.2 in the car has been great (he says, no doubt jinxing things).

Edit: turning off the phone and restarting seems to have solved the problem, so who knows ....

FYI on lane change: just push pressure on the turn handle until you see the message that states it is making a lane change. At that point you can let go of the signal switch and it will make the turn when it is clear.

Parking right next to the developer's and tester's room. Waiting for update .... Will keep you posted if this works 😃 😃

I decided to park my Lucid on top of the local super antenna to see if I get the update. Here is my pic,

0CFD20A7-5896-465C-B157-583FDC37BF49.webp

3. Hold it in the slight position, before the detent for about one second and it will know that you want it to change lanes automatically.
This is not correct, I think. Hold the turn signal briefly past both detents (aka all the way) to indicate you are initiating an automatic lane change. Then you can let go. It will wait until it is safe and then initiate the lane change and show chevrons as it does.

You can still do a manual lane change by going past the detents but not holding it there, and just letting go.

Ok, this wont help. You parked your tesla instead of Lucid there 😂
Haha yeah, chatgpt can't draw a Lucid yet.

This is not correct, I think. Hold the turn signal briefly past both detents (aka all the way) to indicate you are initiating an automatic lane change. Then you can let go. It will wait until it is safe and then initiate the lane change and show chevrons as it does.

You can still do a manual lane change by going past the detents but not holding it there, and just letting go.
Yeah that's how I've used it when my cameras want to cooperate. Thread here has made me second guess that lol.

Do we know if updates will download over wifi as well as cellular?

Do we know if updates will download over Wi-Fi or cellular?
It does. I had an issue where the update push was not working over my WiFi (I have a Deco setup and wrote a detailed post about all the problems), but it was initiated fine over the Cell. But it was super slow as the signal was low in my garage, and after 6 hours of downloading, the tech and I put it back on Deco, and it was done downloading in 10 minutes. Many folks here use Cell or Wifi just fine and as my experience shows, it can seamlessly switch between WiFi and cell.

It does. I had an issue where the update push was not working over my WiFi (I have a Deco setup and wrote a detailed post about all the problems), but it was initiated fine over the Cell. But it was super slow as the signal was low in my garage, and after 6 hours of downloading, the tech and I put it back on Deco, and it was done downloading in 10 minutes. Many folks here use Cell or Wifi just fine and as my experience shows, it can seamlessly switch between WiFi and cell.
Thanks. Cell reception is pretty rough where I live, so good to know I can park it in my garage and let wifi do its thing.

1000004491.webp

2023 Air Pure DD standard. Is anyone getting this update with a vehicle like mine?

View attachment 23258
2023 Air Pure DD standard. Is anyone getting this update with a vehicle like mine?

Welp, while the app (latest version and 2.4.2 in the car) had been waking up the car consistently within a few seconds, it no longer does so. Back to the old "taking longer than expected" message. Deleting and re-installing the app made no difference. I don't understand how it can be working fine and then just simply stop working. Anyway, 2.4.2 in the car has been great (he says, no doubt jinxing things).

Edit: turning off the phone and restarting seems to have solved the problem, so who knows ....
Try restarting your phone. I had to do that because it did not wake up the car 2 retries and 3 minutes. My phone and the car had excellent internet when it happened.

Interesting, it didn’t feel that way to me. I’ll play with it a little bit tomorrow and report back.

Interesting, it didn’t feel that way to me. I’ll play with it a little bit tomorrow and report back.
I have not used it enough to know for sure how it works. You definitely can initiate a lane change by holding the turn indicator part way down to the first detent for a second and the the initiating lane change message comes up and the car will complete the lane change. You can also initiate a lane change by pressing the turn signal all of the way. It seems if there is a car in the adjacent lane, pressing all of the way the lane change will occur when clear. If pressing to the first detent and the lane is not clear, the display will flash a red rectangle around the adjacent traffic and not complete the lane change. The behavior seems different depending on how you initiate the lane change with the turn signal.

Back