2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

Alexa will be missed. Easy way to get all kinds of information while on the go hands free.
This will be less of an issue with Android Auto, except for people who like to use Alexa and don't want to carry a smartphone. There are some things that you can ask Alexa, Google, or Siri that one of the three will get better than the others, and it's far from consistent. There are some that Alexa gets right that the others don't, but based on completely unscientific random questioning, I wouldn't give the edge to Alexa. Overall, in my experience Google and Siri do better, but Siri can be a bit of a smart ass.

Alexa will also run Alexa routines, many of which I'd be able to rewrite for Google, to be used once Android Auto is in place, but not all. If I want to run a routine to make coffee and turn on the kitchen lights as I approach home, it won't likely be a problem. If I want one that turns on my TV using the Fire TV stick and set the source to Media Player so I can watch a program when I get home while drinking that coffee, I'll have to tell Alexa after I walk in the door.

In the interim, I can use Alexa or Google from my phone, going through Bluetooth. Testing is a bit of a PITA pre-update, but the problem is that it requires the car's audio source to be set to Bluetooth, limiting what I can do. I might be able to do things even without Bluetooth as long as I don't need to hear an answer, such as telling Alexa to open my garage door, guessing when it prompts me for the PIN and taking it on faith that the command worked.

Besides the issue with "Hey, Lucid" not continuing to play music from the artist I requested, I also find that music streaming will not restart on its own after I use Siri to make or receive a call as it did with Alexa. I now have to go into the music menu and hit the "play" button.
Can you not just resume by hitting the right rocker button on the steering wheel?

I installed 2.4.2 OTA about 4 days ago. Overall, I think it is a step in the right direction.

That said, with 2.4.2, the functionality of the driver assist really only brings Lucid up to the current industry baseline. Prior to 2.4.2, it was like 8 year behind the competitors.
That's true to some extent, but the question is where buyers want it to be compared to what you consider the baseline. At this point, it does most of what my 2014 Tesla does, only it does a better job of monitoring the steering wheel. When it did less, it was a show stopper, until late last year when I felt that it was close enough that the advantages of the car made up for the lack of ADAS, with a reasonable expectation that the current update was a matter of time.

Compared to a Tesla with FSD, I don't miss much of that capability. Vehicle initiated automatic lane changes are nice only in areas where freeway systems are very complex, and it would be hard to be in the proper lane without it. But for familiar areas, I can do a better job. As far as automated local street driving, there are times when I'd want the Lucid to do nothing more or less than what it does on limited access highways. Other vehicles come with a warning not to use the features on local streets but leave it up to the driver. But there are times when it will be safe and appropriate to use it when Lucid prohibits it.

Overall, there's a lot more that Lucid could do, but not a lot more that I have a practical need for. Being able to move the car back and forth from outside the car would be nice, for tight garages and parking spaces though, and it's already on much less expensive cars.

Last edited:
Does Hey Lucid control the massage seats?

Can you not just resume by hitting the right rocker button on the steering wheel?

I thought that just advanced the track, something that I don't want to do since you can't repeat a track on streaming.

Do you have any idea how I can get streaming to continue to play songs from a selected artist instead of only playing one song by that artist before starting a mix? Alexa would continue with the artist I selected. "Hey, Lucid" will only play one song by a selected artist before proceeding with a mix from a similar genre.

The forward button advances. The button on the volume rocker plays/pauses music.

I'll try that. I had forgotten about that rocker switch and its button, as I avoid using them. The assembly feels very flimsy in my car, and the steering wheel has to be replaced when it breaks.

I was just discussing an unrelated issue with customer care, and they said the rollout should begin today and end tomorrow.

I was just discussing an unrelated issue with customer care, and they said the rollout should begin today and end tomorrow.
i highly doubt the "end tomorrow". I expect this to be a huge download. I am however hopeful for "begin today", but hope is not a strategic. wait and see is one.

This is why everyone should set up Home Assistant. I have absolutely zero care as to whether my device is Alexa-enabled, Google, HomeKit, zwave, zigbee, thread, or a reverse engineered mobile API for the Lucid Air.

When Lucid announced Alexa was being removed, I didn’t care because Home Assistant wraps it all for me, and I can use Home Assistant trivially through Siri or CarPlay.

YMMV, but a little bit of work now may save you lots of time and effort later. The other benefit is when trying to find a sensor or something I want for my home, I can pick any. ZWave, zigbee, whatever. It all works.

This is why everyone should set up Home Assistant. I have absolutely zero care as to whether my device is Alexa-enabled, Google, HomeKit, zwave, zigbee, thread, or a reverse engineered mobile API for the Lucid Air.

When Lucid announced Alexa was being removed, I didn’t care because Home Assistant wraps it all for me, and I can use Home Assistant trivially through Siri or CarPlay.

YMMV, but a little bit of work now may save you lots of time and effort later. The other benefit is when trying to find a sensor or something I want for my home, I can pick any. ZWave, zigbee, whatever. It all works.
point us to a beginners tutorial? I assume this needs a bridge device.

☝️ This

The lack of official communication from Lucid about what is going on with this important update is frustrating. Once again Lucid is failing in its communications with its most important advocates, its customers.

We can only guess there are issues with this update that are preventing widespread distribution. We don't know the severity of the problems.

Companies that are not upfront and forthright with their customers about product issues end up with less than stellar reputations. At worst, they end up like Boeing today, with tarnished reputations that take many years to fix.

Hey Lucid, can you please tell us what's going on with this latest update? It's okay to detail the problems with the update and say we are working to fix them and then we will resume its distribution. It's not okay to say nothing at this point.
Lucid literally started rolling it out late last week and I believe announced it at the presentation earlier this week and also on X. We all know that they stagger the updates and can take up to 1 or 2 weeks to hit vehicles so regardless of whether it’s on hold or rolling out is irrelevant because it’s still within the usual window.

Lucid has improved communication. They never told us when an update is imminent, it was usually found out in here but recently have been actively posting on X etc. about this sort of stuff.

Still waiting for the download!
im-waiting-skeleton.gif

point us to a beginners tutorial? I assume this needs a bridge device.

For the Lucid integration (and other unofficial ones), you’ll also need to install HACS: https://www.hacs.xyz/docs/use/

That works and is easy to set up.

Don’t think Green has Zigbee, Thread, etc built in. I got Yellow which has it all built in although you need to buy a raspberry PI compute module for it.
It doesn’t, but all you need is a Connect ZBT-1 for Zigbee/Thread or a ZWave antenna for ZWave (I have both).

Back