2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

Attachments

• googlyeyes.webp
    googlyeyes.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 17
How can you see the amount of data coming in and out?
its on my router. I use Unifi and several of their access points. I can see a lot of info about what each device is doing in my home network. the car sends a ton of data to out over OpenVPN. and it seems to happen when i access the app inside my home wifi. Because its over OpenVPN, I can't see exactly where its sending the data

its on my router. I use Unifi and several of their access points. I can see a lot of info about what each device is doing in my home network. the car sends a ton of data to out over OpenVPN. and it seems to happen when i access the app inside my home wifi. Because its over OpenVPN, I can't see exactly where its sending the data
Ah, I thought there was something in the app that I was missing.

I have a 2023 Pure AWD (SSP + vanilla DD, not DDP) and received 2.4.2 this past Sunday. It’s been fantastic.

To the extent my one data point counts for anything, I’d say that any delays don’t seem to be related to having a Pure AWD alone (which I like to think of as basically a detuned Touring, but that’s another discussion entirely… :) )
Glad to hear that as I also have a Pure AWD with the vanilla DD (my one regret).

Glad to hear that as I also have a Pure AWD with the vanilla DD (my one regret).
If your decision making process is anything like mine, it's hard to call that one a "regret". I would never have ponied up the extra dough for just a promise that something come to me at some indeterminate point in the future. Back in February when I pulled the trigger, they were throwing in DD Pro as one of many incentives to get rid of their 2023 inventory. I'm happy it worked out for me, but the only reason I have DreamDrive Pro in my vehicle right now is because it was free to me at the time.

(I say I'm happy it worked out for me, but like many others, I'm still on 2.3.1.)

If your decision making process is anything like mine, it's hard to call that one a "regret". I would never have ponied up the extra dough for just a promise that something come to me at some indeterminate point in the future. Back in February when I pulled the trigger, they were throwing in DD Pro as one of many incentives to get rid of their 2023 inventory. I'm happy it worked out for me, but the only reason I have DreamDrive Pro in my vehicle right now is because it was free to me at the time.

(I say I'm happy it worked out for me, but like many others, I'm still on 2.3.1.)
I got mine at the same time and it also had some “free” options (ie:discounted from prior list price). To be more specific, what I miss is having a front end camera especially with the low ground clearance. All in all though, I love the car and I am getting used to old school parking.

I got mine at the same time and it also had some “free” options (ie:discounted from prior list price). To be more specific, what I miss is having a front end camera especially with the low ground clearance. All in all though, I love the car and I am getting used to old school parking.
Lol, I love my front end camera; just please don't rub your hand across the bottom of my right front bumper! 🤣

Yes, it’s still there. I’m pretty sure it’s every 15 seconds. From my experience you have to tug it a bit to stop it from warning you.
The warning makes HA unusable for me. Even if I have my hands on the wheel, the warning still pops up. You have to shake the steering wheel every 15-30 seconds which on a long drive takes more effort on my arms than to not use HA. The only plus side to this is it gives my arms a workout. Highway Assist should be called Highway Arm Workout. Or HAW for short.

The warning makes HA unusable for me. Even if I have my hands on the wheel, the warning still pops up. You have to shake the steering wheel every 15-30 seconds which on a long drive takes more effort on my arms than to not use HA. The only plus side to this is it gives my arms a workout. Highway Assist should be called Highway Arm Workout. Or HAW for short.
one step at a time i think. i agree with you. But i believe handsfree HA is in the roadmap

This is not true. As has been described many times, you just need to rest your hand on the wheel at either 5 o'clock or 7 o'clock. The weight of your hand is enough to slightly torque the wheel without it affecting the drivability of HA.

This is not true. As has been described many times, you just need to rest your hand on the wheel at either 5 o'clock or 7 o'clock. The weight of your hand is enough to slightly torque the wheel without it affecting the drivability of HA.
The warning image shows your hands should be resting at the 2 and 10. I don’t see anywhere in the manual recommending you rest your hands on the 5 and 7. I tried every position and still get the warning unless I wiggling the steering wheel. Is my torque sensor in need of an adjustment from service I wonder??

The warning image shows your hands should be resting at the 2 and 10. I don’t see anywhere in the manual recommending you rest your hands on the 5 and 7. I tried every position and still get the warning unless I wiggling the steering wheel. Is my torque sensor in need of an adjustment from service I wonder??
I think you might need to look at a service appointment because what you're describing sounds abnormal. Coming from a Tesla, I've been pleasantly surprised at the low level of nag from my normal driving / hand resting position in my Lucid Air w/ DD Pro. My MX Plaid requires noticeably more steering wheel torque to reset the nag than my Air.

I think you might need to look at a service appointment because what you're describing sounds abnormal. Coming from a Tesla, I've been pleasantly surprised at the low level of nag from my normal driving / hand resting position in my Lucid Air w/ DD Pro. My MX Plaid requires noticeably more steering wheel torque to reset the nag than my Air.
I think you’re right, but once the eyes on the road update instead of hands on the wheel gets pushed out this wouldn’t even matter anymore.

Last edited:
Back