2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

I’ve had something similar happen that freaked me out. I had left the car parked and locked, yet, when I went back in the app a couple hours later to turn the AC on, the car showed as unlocked with the rear door open. I ran out of the restaurant to find the car was very much locked with all doors shut. I was not amused…
I have never been able to turn the AC On using the APP when I am away from the car. Not sure what helps. I use the app and mobile key all the time but it is very slow to open when I come back to the car while on Mobile. Hopefully this update helps on the Unlock issue.

Spoke to customer care. Apparently the update is rolled out to a few car configurations. Mine is a 23 Air Pure with DD pro and SSP. Their eng team confirmed that there is no update available for my car :-/
This is very interesting statement. I have the same configuration. I am assuming their software team is maintaining multiple code branches based on the variant. MY23 Pure AWD being discontinued hopefully this doesn't software delay updates in the future. Or just merge the Pure AWD with Touring code branch and let us enjoy increased power ;) By the way I haven't receive the latest update where previously I would get approx. 2-3 days after new release being announced.

You mean going out to check the mailbox to see if you had a recall notice, then scheduling a service appointment and losing your car for a day just to get a software update?
Or buying a $500 DVD and sticking it in your car for a couple hours to update map data?
No, I mean owning a car from an EV company that was once well ahead of its time that sent OTA notices, they appeared on the car's screen, and there was no way of knowing about it without doing that...until years later when checking the app served that purpose. Lucid started out with both ways, which makes sense, but for the overwhelming majority of vehicles out there, your scenario is still the only possibility. Nothing has changed for most cars.

The next problem was trying to figure out a rationale behind when updates were sent out and who got them. I saw it go from asking in forums like this to websites appearing where people could specify the date and time they got it, the trim level, their VIN, whether or not they had certain features, all in an attempt to try to figure out whether one group or another was more likely to get it. I don't think any of that showed any sort of pattern, but did effectively give a scatter plot showing how updates were bunched, with certain days being much heavier than others, and some just showing a trickle.

It would be nice to know how Lucid does it, but i suspect that there's no overarching philosophy that will dictate how all future updates will be distributed among users. Also. given that some updates contain various unspecified fixes, it might depend on which cars will give them the data to show that something is effective, making it impossible to come up with a general rule.

That leads me to my next question. When will I specifically get my update. Lucid, are you listening? I want it now. More generally, have people seen much activity in the past few days?

This is very interesting statement. I have the same configuration. I am assuming their software team is maintaining multiple code branches based on the variant. MY23 Pure AWD being discontinued hopefully this doesn't software delay updates in the future. Or just merge the Pure AWD with Touring code branch and let us enjoy increased power ;) By the way I haven't receive the latest update where previously I would get approx. 2-3 days after new release being announced.

This is a standard answer I received from CS in the past for my Pure RWD. I have taken it to mean there isn’t one scheduled for me yet. This was the case for 2.3.x for me.

I know there were some issues with the release, but @borski you mentioned that on the social they said something about pausing it due to bugs they found, but I went to X and I can't find anything about that...

I know there were some issues with the release, but @borski you mentioned that on the social they said something about pausing it due to bugs they found, but I went to X and I can't find anything about that...
We haven't heard of anyone getting it in the last two days (as far as I can tell).

No, there was nothing official, and I certainly didn’t mention any posts to my knowledge (please link me if I mistakenly did!); I haven’t seen any.

It’s just my suspicion; there have been a few people with varying problems, few showstopper except the “can’t turn on HA” bug, so I’m just *assuming* they’ve paused the rollout to get those addresses. I can’t imagine it will be much longer, unless they need to do a lot of root cause analysis.

Reading your post, I was sweating about having to go thru this pain again.
Fortunately, my HomeLink still works.
Mine just sort of worked after updating to 2.4.2. I have two garage doors: one is "Left garage" for HomeLink and one is "Right garage." I always park my Lucid on the left. After updating to 2.4.2, "Right garage" showed up while backing up, but "Left garage" only showed up sporadically. Going to HomeLink setup on the pilot panel, "Left garage" and "Right garage" were both there.

I ended up deleting both of my existing garage doors in HomeLink and set them up again from scratch. Now, it works!

Mine just sort of worked after updating to 2.4.2. I have two garage doors: one is "Left garage" for HomeLink and one is "Right garage." I always park my Lucid on the left. After updating to 2.4.2, "Right garage" showed up while backing up, but "Left garage" only showed up sporadically. Going to HomeLink setup on the pilot panel, "Left garage" and "Right garage" were both there.

I ended up deleting both of my existing garage doors in HomeLink and set them up again from scratch. Now, it works!
I find that a bit confusing. I'd want "left garage" to show up after I backed out and need to close the door, and "entering garage" to show up when I get back.

I have the same configuration & model year and no update as of yet. Interesting, but I’m not sure we have a definitive pattern yet.

I find that a bit confusing. I'd want "left garage" to show up after I backed out and need to close the door, and "entering garage" to show up when I get back.
Yes, I wanted “Left garage” to show up after I backed out of the garage. Instead I only got “Right garage.” I had programmed both garage doors into HomeLink on the off-chance I wanted to open (or close) either garage door from inside the Lucid.

Works properly now once I deleted both doors and reprogrammed them into HomeLink.

Yes, I wanted “Left garage” to show up after I backed out of the garage. Instead I only got “Right garage.” I had programmed both garage doors into HomeLink on the off-chance I wanted to open (or close) either garage door from inside the Lucid.

Works properly now once I deleted both doors and reprogrammed them into HomeLink.
So Right garage wasn't the right garage?

It’ll show up to three items when you’re in reverse. So if you have more than three Homelink items programmed, make sure that the ones that matter are the first three.

MUCH faster for waking the car via app, which is unreleted to waking via mobile key (which also has been quite solid).
Responsiveness for Android or iPhone or both?

It’ll show up to three items when you’re in reverse. So if you have more than three Homelink items programmed, make sure that the ones that matter are the first three.
Good point. The release notes do also say that in some cases a Homelink may not show up, in which case reprogramming is the correct solution.

I have a 2023 Pure AWD (SSP + vanilla DD, not DDP) and received 2.4.2 this past Sunday. It’s been fantastic.

To the extent my one data point counts for anything, I’d say that any delays don’t seem to be related to having a Pure AWD alone (which I like to think of as basically a detuned Touring, but that’s another discussion entirely… :) )

Back