2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

It is truly a crap release. In summation, DD pro will not engage. The new lane display on mine does not see a car on my left until it is almost past me, Voice control of my dialer is completely broken, The only destination that the Nav search was able to find so far is Target, My cameras are mostly offline (4 cameras are now showing faults) and all smart integrations to other devices is gone and may never be replaced. So why should I be pleased with 2.4.2?? This forum is getting like a Tesla forum with too many apologists, deniers and rationalizers and not enough pressure on Lucid to do better. This will be the 4th time my GT will be towed to Houston. I am sort of OK for it going in for hardware issues, but I am absolutely not OK for it to go in for Lucid breaking it with poorly tested software releases that may take a month for a correcting release to appear. In Dallas, they do not supply a Lucid loaner, we are on our own to locate a rental car, which is tough to even find a rental after the shake out of car rental agencies in the last years. For the first time, I am not able to rationalize, apologize or deny for Lucid. Lucid did a really crap job of testing before the rollout. In a real world, there are minor differences in hardware. Mine has a combination of original hardware and newer hardware to replace various failed systems. Those who do not use or know how to use the smart integration features may not hate this as much, and it is doubtful that lucid will ever give them back. These features were a great part of why I chose a Lucid. If I wanted this kind of garbage, I would have bought a Tesla.
When I did 10% of the complaining you did I got hit by the forum rule book...I agree with your stance somewhat however, that .... Tesla should do better. :)

No one is being an apologist. A small subset of cars, mine included, have the camera errors. Lucid is trying to figure out why and hence paused the roll out (my assumption, no insider info). For those who have the updated DDPro features, they supposedly are very good.

I'm surprised Lucid won't set up a rental for you. I live 3 hours from Beverly Hills and they set up a local Enterprise rental the last time I needed service a few months ago. I just showed up and picked up the car without any issues.

I do agree that Lucid Assistant has a long way to go. I can't voice call my wife any more and need to do so manually through my contacts, which is annoying. I'm certainly hopeful it'll improve in the near future.
I've never been able to call my wife through Alexa in the year plus I've had the car.. Never can find her # even though it's in my contacts. Also, my wife laughs when I try to use Alexa to navigate somewhere because it rarely works. I'm ready to try something different.

We plan to deploy a version of the Lucid UX 2.4 software update to all Air owners in the US by next Monday evening. Thank you for your patience.
Nice to see you on here @nicktwork !!

When I did 10% of the complaining you did I got hit by the forum rule book...I agree with your stance somewhat however, that .... Tesla should do better. :)
There’s no rule against complaining.

I've never been able to call my wife through Alexa in the year plus I've had the car.. Never can find her # even though it's in my contacts. Also, my wife laughs when I try to use Alexa to navigate somewhere because it rarely works. I'm ready to try something different.
And yet for me it rarely doesn’t work. So I’m actually somewhat apprehensive that the new nav software won’t work as well. It always fascinates me how different owner experiences are…not just with Lucid, but with virtually any brand.

And yet for me it rarely doesn’t work. So I’m actually somewhat apprehensive that the new nav software won’t work as well. It always fascinates me how different owner experiences are…not just with Lucid, but with virtually any brand.
Accents, tone of voice, voice levels all matter. At home on other Alexa devices my wife barely gets Alexa to recognize her but I’m usually able to relay the command. It’s not a perfect thing and it’s far from understanding as well as a human would.

Accents, tone of voice, voice levels all matter. At home on other Alexa devices my wife barely gets Alexa to recognize her but I’m usually able to relay the command. It’s not a perfect thing and it’s far from understanding as well as a human would.iAgreed, but It still freaks my wife out a bit when it addresses both her and me by name. Even when I try to ‘fool’ it by raising the pitch of my voice (or my wife lowering the pitch of her voice), it still accurately calls each of us by name. But sure, Alexa is certainly not perfect.
Agreed, but it still freaks my wife out a bit when Alexa addresses her by name as it does me. Even trying to ‘fool’ it by raising the pitch of my voice (or my wife lowering the pitch of her voice) doesn’t change Alexa’s response, it still accurately calls each of us by name. 🤣

We plan to deploy a version of the Lucid UX 2.4 software update to all Air owners in the US by next Monday evening. Thank you for your patience.
Hi Nick,

Does the new update address the “Rear Emergency Braking Unavailable” warning that keeps coming on for some of us since the 2.3.10 update?
IMG_3945.webp

I think it would be wise if lucid short list voluntary beta testers from different versions to try the software and report back to Lucid before a wide release. whoever wants to be early adaptor / beta tester can sign up from the update tab in Lucid Air.

similar to what I think apple calls it "Beta Updates".

Please, let us know when Saudi update is expected to come for 2.4.X :)

and thank you for your feedback

I believe the front lights are staying on longer ( as when Air first came out) when car is unlocked rather than briefly with new update?

I believe the front lights are staying on longer ( as when Air first came out) when car is unlocked rather than briefly with new update?
Yes, I recall reading that either here on in the release notes, along with the ring tone for the phone going back to the original, too.

Thank you for sharing! Any light you can shed on the rollout process, generally speaking, would be helpful. As you can see from the passion in this forum, and this topic specifically, there is considerable interest in learning what the rollout process looks like. It's an easy way to set expectations and reduce frustration for those who watch the release notes closely and eagerly await each announced update, only to find that it's either days, or sometimes 10-15 days from being deployed to their vehicle. Customer support is often equally in the dark...that would be another opportunity for improved communication, too.

By its very nature, the people in this forum are some of your strongest evangelists. I would humbly suggest tasking a resource within Lucid to maintain closer comms here if at all possible.

As with my Mac computers and iPhone, I will wait several weeks to even a few months before updating. This is especially true with single dot and higher updates. I'm happy to let others find the inevitable bugs and glitches.

Thanks to all the early adopters. You've volunteered to suffer for the rest of us. I tip my hat to you.

As with my Mac computers and iPhone, I will wait several weeks to even a few months before updating. This is especially true with single dot and higher updates. I'm happy to let others find the inevitable bugs and glitches.

Thanks to all the early adopters. You've volunteered to suffer for the rest of us. I tip my hat to you.
Don't get more than one update behind. Be careful about that.

Apple just stopped its IPAD OS18 major update because of user issues affecting some but not all users…….sound familiar?

Back