2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

Accents, tone of voice, voice levels all matter. At home on other Alexa devices my wife barely gets Alexa to recognize her but I’m usually able to relay the command. It’s not a perfect thing and it’s far from understanding as well as a human would.
Does it do “Southern”? Though I have lived in NJ since 1970 I mostly still sound like a native Georgian.

We plan to deploy a version of the Lucid UX 2.4 software update to all Air owners in the US by next Monday evening. Thank you for your patience.
I hope you stay with us. This first-hand communication will save us a lot of disinformative speculation and Lucid a lot of customer service calls.

I hope you stay with us. This first-hand communication will save us a lot of disinformative speculation and Lucid a lot of customer service calls.
Looking forward to engaging as often as possible here and elsewhere. We appreciate the support of our owner community very much!

Curious - what is the risk if you get more than one update behind?
Specifically for Lucid, it may require a service visit to get up to date if you get too far behind. Your warranty terms also require you to stay up to date, though obviously it's not going to be reasonably voided after passing on an update for a week.
More generally to all/most software, the number of people testing an upgrade from version N to version N+M drops off steeply as M increases. That upgrade is much less likely to go smoothly.

As has been mentioned on other threads, some of the OTA’s have resolved recall notices, among other things.

Same here. 2.2.10. No Updates in Germany.
I have no idea with respect to Lucid specifically, but often updates of this sort won't go to all countries at once. When an update affects automated actions, there might be specific testing and requirements that vary by country, as well as different traffic laws that determine what can and can't be done in a given manner. Since lane markings are reasonably consistent from country to country, I wouldn't expect major differences, but there could be some with respect to how soon before a lane change a driver must signal, either in terms of time or distance. This is just meant as a general example, not a specific explanation of anything having to do with this update.

I drove my car for the first time this morning after the update install. It's been gone for a week, getting the 24K service and I have seriously missed it! I see Alexa is gone. Hey Lucid navigated fine for me. I asked it to go to someplace with a few locations. It found the closest one and asked me if that was the one I wanted to go to. The others were on the map in the Pilot Panel in case I wanted a different one. It seemed to set basic car functions easily. The only thing it doesn't do at all, that Alexa used to do, is make calls or send texts since it doesn't have access to your contacts. Does anyone know if that is something that will be added in the future? That's a big thing for it not to do. I do have the Android Auto workaround so I can use that, I didn't hook it up this morning because I wanted to see what the Lucid thing would do.

I am having issues with the 4 cameras not working. I have an appointment on 9/30 to take the car in to fix it.
Sorry if I missed this but I thought the camera issue (which I also have for 4 cameras) might be fixed with the announced new 2.4 version coming soon? Or were you advised you needed a service visit?

I drove my car for the first time this morning after the update install. It's been gone for a week, getting the 24K service and I have seriously missed it! I see Alexa is gone. Hey Lucid navigated fine for me. I asked it to go to someplace with a few locations. It found the closest one and asked me if that was the one I wanted to go to. The others were on the map in the Pilot Panel in case I wanted a different one. It seemed to set basic car functions easily. The only thing it doesn't do at all, that Alexa used to do, is make calls or send texts since it doesn't have access to your contacts. Does anyone know if that is something that will be added in the future? That's a big thing for it not to do. I do have the Android Auto workaround so I can use that, I didn't hook it up this morning because I wanted to see what the Lucid thing would do.
I can pretty much guarantee that “making phone calls and sending texts” is on the feature requirement list for LA.

Lol, I'd never forget you. I thought you were observing and passing info on moreso than relaying latest updates and fielding questions.

In that case, can I ask for more updates and more fielding of questions?
No worries. :) I am happy to pass on info whenever and wherever I can and work closely with Nick's team. Feel free to tag me in any questions you may have or to message me directly.

No worries. :) I am happy to pass on info whenever and wherever I can and work closely with Nick's team. Feel free to tag me in any questions you may have or to message me directly.
Hi @mcr16 — thanks for checking in here!

A few of us have been getting a “Rear Emergency Braking Unavailable / Contact Customer Care” warning whenever we back out of a parking space. Started with the 2.3.10 update. Does the 2.4 update address this?

Attachments

• IMG_3964.webp
    IMG_3964.webp
    605.7 KB · Views: 25
So I’m assuming you can still do a long press to make a call via CarPlay?

So I’m assuming you can still do a long press to make a call via CarPlay?
I don't have CarPlay. I'm one of those folks waiting very patiently for Android Auto. Actually, I have the CarLinkit, so I can run AA on that and make calls through that. The loaner I had while the car was in service was a Mercedes EQE, which did have wireless Android Auto. That was really nice. I can't wait until we have it in the Lucids! I never even bothered to figure out the native music apps or Navigation in the car. The navigation system in there makes Here Maps look good. The first thing we tried to have it navigate to was our home address, which it couldn't find at all.

Back