2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

Many of us still waiting. Hopefully Monday night we start seeing 2.4 coming out to the rest of us.

Sorry if I missed this but I thought the camera issue (which I also have for 4 cameras) might be fixed with the announced new 2.4 version coming soon? Or were you advised you needed a service visit?
I was advised I need a service visit.

Lucid has to roll things out at a rate that won't overwhelm their staff. One issue that will arise is that since the software uses hardware in a way that it wasn't used before, or possibly uses hardware that wasn't in use before, it will uncover some hardware errors that were there all along but were of no consequence before the update. Hopefully, this will affect a small number of vehicles, but it's a potential rollout issue for any manufacturer for updates that add significant capability.

Part of the process is looking at the problems that appear after the initial rollout, understanding the significance of symptoms that customer service staff would not have been familiar with, etc. The notion that Lucid must have put out something full of bugs or that testing was inadequate is unfounded. Obviously it's possible that it wasn't tested adequately or does have too many bugs, but it's not a reasonable assumption.

Lucid has to roll things out at a rate that won't overwhelm their staff. One issue that will arise is that since the software uses hardware in a way that it wasn't used before, or possibly uses hardware that wasn't in use before, it will uncover some hardware errors that were there all along but were of no consequence before the update. Hopefully, this will affect a small number of vehicles, but it's a potential rollout issue for any manufacturer for updates that add significant capability.

Part of the process is looking at the problems that appear after the initial rollout, understanding the significance of symptoms that customer service staff would not have been familiar with, etc. The notion that Lucid must have put out something full of bugs or that testing was inadequate is unfounded. Obviously, it's possible that it wasn't tested adequately or has too many bugs, but it's not a reasonable assumption.

I know this was discussed before, but I don't know if it exists already. If not, Lucid should give owners the opportunity to sign up to be beta testers of early adopters (obviously, owners should understand and agree to the risks that could come with it). From the list of volunteers, they should select a subset based on whatever criteria they want to apply.

Many of us still waiting. Hopefully Monday night we start seeing 2.4 coming out to the rest of us.

Here is what Nick wrote... "We plan to deploy a version of the Lucid UX 2.4 software update to all Air owners in the US by next Monday evening. Thank you for your patience." I interpreted that to mean that they were targeting completion of the roll out by next Monday. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I can live with whatever it takes to get a stable version out there, even if next Monday is missed.

While it's fun to get a big update like this, and I'm sure Lucid loved being able to tout it publicly, I think our interests would be better served by smaller, more targeted updates. For example, rolling out the DDP updates separately might have simplified things considerably. Just my opinion. I might be wrong.

Maybe I'm just too old, but I've never had the desire to turn on the TV in my house while in my car.
The one feature I hope is implemented or will be in future is the ability to control the wipers with voice command - I enjoyed that feature in the Tesla

The one feature I hope is implemented or will be in future is the ability to control the wipers with voice command - I enjoyed that feature in the Tesla
Why? Auto wipers work great on the Lucid. Tesla auto wipers is like random wipers.

Yes the location to control wipers in a tesla is more complicated. Lucid’s works great.

personally, i prefer tactile controls for all these things in industry standard spots. i mean why would anyone change the turn signal control.. who in their right mind??? oh wait.

i guess i'm old school.

personally, i prefer tactile controls for all these things in industry standard spots. i mean why would anyone change the turn signal control.. who in their right mind??? oh wait.

i guess i'm old school.
Tesla got away for the longest time with the cost-cutting-sold-as-innovation because there was not EV competition. Now that people can buy EVs with a steering wheel (crazy, I know!!!) and indicator stalks, Tesla is crashing.

As far as voice commands go, I would love to use more of it, but so far is very quirky: inaccurate, slow, frustrating to use.

As many of us are waiting... some interesting topics/subjects Peter Rawlinson directly presented on Lucid Tech and Manufacturing Day 2024.
Definitely worth listening/seeing the entire presentation for 1.5 hours.

Next Generation Atlas Drive Unit: Hinting that they'll "explore, even, potentially" be in Air (Midsize first -> Gravity -> Air)
(not sure if it can be "upgraded" or only be available in certain future MY models)
Starts at 38:05

1726760656115.webp

Vehicle Software Systems Analogy - "UI & Graphic as an Iceberg"
Starts at 56:04

1726761310152.webp

In-House Over-the-Air (OTA) Software Update & OTA Remote & In-Vehicle Diagnostics
Starts at 57:57

1726761452905.webp

1726761561762.webp

Future & 2.4.0 Software Update & "Mea Culpa"
Starts at 59:53

1726762143266.webp

1726762180119.webp

In-house Augmented Reality Head-Up Display & UX Uniformity
(HUD "coming"... (hopefully as add-on to Air....?))
Starts at 1:08:43

1726762316003.webp

1726762585714.webp

I wanted to ask: the 3D Lane Visualization is just an optical gimmick or it also improves DD's real-life capabilities? As in better lane centering, less bouncing, etc.

All sounds great, but aren’t most of if not all of these features already available with other car companies?? Also, Tesla is King of cost cutting. Hope Lucid doesn’t start taking out all sensors to cut cost as well. Hoping Lucid isn’t using the same playbook as Tesla because they’ll be a little late to the game if they use the same strategy.

All sounds great, but aren’t most of if not all of these features already available with other car companies?? Also, Tesla is King of cost cutting. Hope Lucid doesn’t start taking out all sensors to cut cost as well. Hoping Lucid isn’t using the same playbook as Tesla because they’ll be a little late to the game if they use the same strategy.
IMO, you can't focus on all things at once - not when you are a startup, in a very difficult market, where speed to market is super important. Lucid has prioritized efficiency, range and driving dynamics. They have deprioritized software features and software quality. Now they are trying to catch up on that. Just a strategic choice.

Huh?

Back