2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

Yes the Tidal and USB music experience continues to be crap. Waiting for the infotainment system to get some much needed and long overdue attention...
I get the sense that both Tidal and Spotify car native apps are written by their respective companies and not really Lucid. Since we are a microscopically small market for Tidal (how many of the few Lucid owners are Tidal subscribers? I’m not) I can see why they wouldn’t devote much engineering effort to their Lucid app.

Does anyone know if there’s a lucid community electrafi network for tracking update rollout? (Like the rivian and tesla communities have created?) Just wondering if the update is on hold due to unforeseen issues or if we’re just on a slow rollout?

Does anyone know if there’s a lucid community electrafi network for tracking update rollout? (Like the rivian and tesla communities have created?) Just wondering if the update is on hold due to unforeseen issues or if we’re just on a slow rollout?
It looks like it's on hold indefinitely because no one seems to have received it since Sunday or Monday.

I love Tidal and it works fine in my car. I just downloaded the new Lainey Wilson album (Whirlwind) recorded in dobly atmos and it sounds great.

It looks like it's on hold indefinitely because no one seems to have received it since Sunday or Monday.

That has been my assumption as well, based on few forums. CS told me today when we talked regarding another issue that it is being rolled out in batches - at least that is what the OTA team is telling them, according to the person. It would be great to get confirmation that someone got it recently.

That has been my assumption as well, based on few forums. CS told me today when we talked regarding another issue that it is being rolled out in batches - at least that is what the OTA team is telling them, according to the person. It would be great to get confirmation that someone got it recently.
Customer care also told me that it would start to roll out on Friday and be complete by yesterday. 🤣

Much info about this can be found at www.lucidupdates.com.

Like this, but for Lucid? That would be very cool.

Like this, but for Lucid? That would be very cool.
There have been ones for Tesla too, and they have been able to report all sorts of information such as how many people with a given configuration got an update, but ultimately the only useful info was how many people got it per day, where the peaks were, and not much more. If it turned out that there was some sort of predictable method, it would be nice to know, but I don't expect one.

I was just talking with CS about an unrelated repair issue, and when I asked for an update, they advised that the rollout would take three weeks.

They must be doing some serious code fixing.

DALL·E 2024-09-16 11.21.52 - A humorous cartoon showing a person excitedly requesting an OTA ...webp
Human nature: We push for the OTA update, even saying we're fine with a few bugs just to get it now. But once it's installed, we complain—'The update broke my car! This is terrible, I need it fixed ASAP!' Suddenly, we’re outraged, saying, 'I spent $100k on this, and it's insane!'

View attachment 23337Human nature: We push for the OTA update, even saying we're fine with a few bugs just to get it now. But once it's installed, we complain—'The update broke my car! This is terrible, I need it fixed ASAP!' Suddenly, we’re outraged, saying, 'I spent $100k on this, and it's insane!'
LOL. I do wonder what percentage of cars it borked. Seems like everyone here had a smooth update experience.

View attachment 23337Human nature: We push for the OTA update, even saying we're fine with a few bugs just to get it now. But once it's installed, we complain—'The update broke my car! This is terrible, I need it fixed ASAP!' Suddenly, we’re outraged, saying, 'I spent $100k on this, and it's insane!'
So true… first world problems. As long as an update doesn’t compromise safety, we should appreciate any update to this fantastic car.

LOL. I do wonder what percentage of cars it borked. Seems like everyone here had a smooth update experience.
Looks like few, but Lucid may have found something serious with it since a failed camera can break complete HA.
I felt above are my emotions last week, want to request CA to push the OTA no matter what. And i believe the next picture is me after few days if there are issue to me post update 😉

I was just talking with CS about an unrelated repair issue, and when I asked for an update, they advised that the rollout would take three weeks.

They must be doing some serious code fixing.
Yes, when they say three weeks instead of two, you know it's serious.

Driving to work yesterday I was a bit startled when Lane Departure Protection intervened despite it being fully disabled.
Turning it on then off again resolved the issue.
This is the 2nd unexpected behavior I’ve witnessed during a rollout.
The other was an error message for cameras being inoperable.
I think this adds further evidence supporting the theory that the software is being updated behinds the scenes.
I’m on 2.3.10 and haven’t received notification of an available update.

I mentioned this issue when I took the car into service. They asked me for the exact time when this happened, so they can check-out the logs and see what's wrong. I will pay attention next time. This is definitely a safety issue.

I'm on 2.4.2 and just had an issue where my pilot panel froze on a faded version of a navigation screen (see attachment). The panel wouldn't respond to any of the buttons at its bottom, except for the Parking button. I couldn't do an "Air logo" reset, because I couldn't get to that screen. Doing the various "lock the car and walk away for awhile and then return" reset procedures didn't fix it either.

The version of the owner manual with 2.4.2 now includes what I believe we called the "nuclear reset" procedure as part of it - Put car in Park, and hold the brake pedal down firmly while simultaneously pressing the Cancel (X) and Microphone buttons on the steering wheel: hold until the car makes a beep (maybe around 20 or 30 seconds), and then let go and watch the screens reset. I talked to Lucid Customer Care, and this now appears to be a perfectly acceptable way for the customer to reset the infotainment system when issues appear. No need for special permission from Customer Care.

It did fix the issue, so now it's fine. Just wanted Forum readers to know that this rest procedure can now be used as a matter of course.

Attachments

• IMG_7664 2.webp
    IMG_7664 2.webp
    61 KB · Views: 41
Only issue(s) I've ever had was a broken button retainer on the headliner upon delivery (Dec '22) which was fixed in 5 minutes. In June/July when it was stinking hot in Vegas, I got front camera alarm/fault. CS told me to do a reset (Hold Air emblem on dash) and problem solved. These have been my only "issues" nearing 2 years of ownership. To say I'm pleased would be putting it mildly. I have never been one of the early ones to get any of the updates, usually 1-2 days after I first hear of the latest update here. I have not received the latest 2.4 and am perfectly willing to wait for a stable product.

I know zippo about Android Auto even though I've owned a Samsung phone for over a decade, so I'll have to find a place to learn what it can do for me. That's if/when it arrives OTA lol!

On a side note, many thanks to @borski, @hydbob, @joec, @Bobby and the many major and minor contributors here. It's a serious time commitment on your parts in maintaining this forum, and I wanted you to know that I appreciate your generosity in sharing your knowledge. I was a long-time member of the Crossfire forum until I sold my roadster but this is better. My first experience with an EV, and I cannot thank you all enough for the education. I turn a pretty good wrench but I am disinclined to touch anything under the "hood" on the Lucid. I asked the Lucid tech how to change the cabin filter (assuming I could buy one in the first place). After Step 3, I told him I would have it replaced during my next service lol! The only thing I feel confident in doing on the Lucid is airing up the tires.

Hear, hear. You guys are amazing.
Only issue(s) I've ever had was a broken button retainer on the headliner upon delivery (Dec '22) which was fixed in 5 minutes. In June/July when it was stinking hot in Vegas, I got front camera alarm/fault. CS told me to do a reset (Hold Air emblem on dash) and problem solved. These have been my only "issues" nearing 2 years of ownership. To say I'm pleased would be putting it mildly. I have never been one of the early ones to get any of the updates, usually 1-2 days after I first hear of the latest update here. I have not received the latest 2.4 and am perfectly willing to wait for a stable product.

I know zippo about Android Auto even though I've owned a Samsung phone for over a decade, so I'll have to find a place to learn what it can do for me. That's if/when it arrives OTA lol!

On a side note, many thanks to @borski, @hydbob, @joec, @Bobby and the many major and minor contributors here. It's a serious time commitment on your parts in maintaining this forum, and I wanted you to know that I appreciate your generosity in sharing your knowledge. I was a long-time member of the Crossfire forum until I sold my roadster but this is better. My first experience with an EV, and I cannot thank you all enough for the education. I turn a pretty good wrench but I am disinclined to touch anything under the "hood" on the Lucid. I asked the Lucid tech how to change the cabin filter (assuming I could buy one in the first place). After Step 3, I told him I would have it replaced during my next service lol! The only thing I feel confident in doing on the Lucid is airing up the tires.

Back