2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

Driving to work yesterday I was a bit startled when Lane Departure Protection intervened despite it being fully disabled.
Turning it on then off again resolved the issue.

I've experienced this same issue. LDP re-enables itself in between drive sessions, at about a 40% rate of occurrence. It will return to the Disabled state about 2 seconds after i open the DreamDrive settings menu; I don't even have to touch the toggle. It's like it "re-syncs" with the settings page. I'm still on 2.3.10.

So my current routine for starting a drive session is to press the brake, wait for the error icons to extinguish, and ensure the LDS Off icon is present. Hoping 2.4.x resolves this. Intervention systems doing whatever they want is a major safety hazard.

My Tidal has been glitchy for a while now, with lots of random stopping and starting. 2.4.2 didn't fix anything.
Interesting. I’m on a trial to see if I like it and the sound is definitely a bit better than the rest, but don’t love the UX.

CC just told me:
Unfortunately at this time the new OTA is being disbursed in batches and as a result we are not able to push the OTA to individuals. The good news is that all vehicles should receive the new OTA within the next 2-3 weeks.

CC just told me:
Unfortunately at this time the new OTA is being disbursed in batches and as a result we are not able to push the OTA to individuals. The good news is that all vehicles should receive the new OTA within the next 2-3 weeks.
IOW it will get here when it gets here. 😉

CC just told me:
Wow so a random lucky few get it up to a month before others.

While I think Tesla was/is an important pioneer in the EV business (cars and charging network), I would not consider buying a Tesla. Mostly, I think Tesla promises features that don't work well an don't work safely. While there are plenty of great technical innovations, are the products ready for general deployment? FSD being a good example. Tesla's build-quality is generally poor.
A decade ago, I couldn't imagine my next car not being a Tesla. More recently, I didn't think it was likely that I would buy one. For now, they fill in holes that are not met by competitors still getting their lineups up to speed. Lucid will have compelling competition across the board, but for someone who wants something today, it's fine if they want a sedan.

I didn't find their build quality to be worse than Lucid's. I got cars from both with little things that needed to be fixed, and nothing that was a major inconvenience. Tesla tended to take cars that should have been sent for rework and delivered them to customers to meet delivery numbers. Other companies fix those sorts of things before the cars go out. In both cases they likely come off the assembly line with a similar number of problems but Tesla muddied its reputation. I haven't had long terms with any Tesla after the warranty ran out.
In contrast, Lucid is more "conservative". Lucid's ADAS/DDPro vision promised a lot of capabilities, charged a lot of $$ for the features, and is/was way behind the industry baseline in delivering. Until 2.4.2 update, Lucid's ADSD features were about the same as my 2017 Lexus RX450H.
It was nice getting ADAS features that worked off the bat rather than needing refining over time, but it would have been nice to have started off with the features in this latest update at minimum. Lucid has lost sales because of it. With Tesla, I got a lot of features that were shaky when they came out, but the alternative would have been not to get them at all and to have needed to trade in my car for a later model year, if they had done what the competition had been doing.

All in all, it meant having features that I didn't have to use if I didn't want to, or could use as is and watch them get refined. FSD/Enhanced Autopilot was an exception, in that with other features, I got things that hadn't been promised in the first place. The EA features came at a pace that I considered reasonable. FSD wasn't even close. Lucid didn't promise specifics although people reasonably expected what's in the latest software release, with more to come. And Lucid isn't missing deadlines because they don't give aspirational dates in the first place.

Aside from ADAS, Lucid generally suffers from a lack of quality control on their SW and even worse, lack of communication in their bug fixes and new features deployment. More than 2 years after introducing the Lucid Air, it is still unclear to me when/if Lidar will benefit the Lucid. It appears to be a systemic issue at Lucid.
Lidar is there, and I've seen the effects of it not working, and of getting functionality back after they replaced faulty Lidar. In terms of benefits, I can't say, because what I have currently can be done without it. But it's definitely being used.
When my friends ask my opinion on my Lucid, I'd say, it is a great mechanical car but the SW is sub-par.
It's a work in progress. Seeing Tesla getting things wrong with the drop down for Homelink, watching them refine it over a decade, and then getting a Lucid that goes back to square one even though the competition solved it is disappointing.

I had a 2006 car with a navigator that saved previous addresses, but didn't let me give names to entries in the address book, which was frustrating. Going back to that 18 years later is more frustrating. I have addresses in my history, don't necessarily know what's at the addresses, and it wasn't a problem a decade ago.

On the other hand, Lucid got a lot more right than wrong, including things that other companies get wrong.
I am waiting with baited-breath on Tesla's upcoming mega event in October RE: robo-taxi. This is supposed to be a game changer for Tesla and for the industry. I hope it is not just FSD without an operator.
I'm not expecting anything to be announced that's production ready.

Ok. It has been a week since some of us received the update. Nothing yet for my Lucid. I am having a hard time waiting. HELP!

I got a chance to try 2.4.2 it today for about 45 minutes. My conclusions: Holding the turn stalk for half a second, at either the first detent or the second, produces the same result: triggering a lane change. Even at the first detent, the lane change trigger will persist until the lane change is completed.

The actual lane change takes place about 2x too fast for my comfort. Slightly nausea inducing for me. Also, the blinker stays on just a little too long after the lane change is completed. It should turn off when the lane change is 90% completed rather than somewhat after.

About the new Lucid voice assistant: it worked pretty well. But after it accepts a business name as a navigation destination, the UX should pop up a panel showing the name and address of the business that is being navigated to. I asked it to navigate to "Back a Yard in Campbell California" and it replied "Navigating to Backyard Grill in Campbell", even though I think I saw the words "Back a Yard" during my voice input. It does want to navigate me to some place in Campbell, but I didn't check yet if it was the place I wanted.

Oh, and all audio went silent halfway through my test drive, including turn signals - haven't had that happen before. A logo reset brought it back.

Overall, it's a worthwhile release ready for further refinement.

My Tidal has been glitchy for a while now, with lots of random stopping and starting. 2.4.2 didn't fix anything.

Same for me; I just curse at it a bit . Make me feel a little better.

I started with a raspberry pi and moved to running it in docker on my Synology NAS.

A hypervisor is also totally fine. You’ll just need to give it the USB radios.
Let’s try to stay on topic guys…. This is about a software Aphrodite not raspberry pi.

I've experienced this same issue. LDP re-enables itself in between drive sessions, at about a 40% rate of occurrence. It will return to the Disabled state about 2 seconds after i open the DreamDrive settings menu; I don't even have to touch the toggle. It's like it "re-syncs" with the settings page. I'm still on 2.3.10.

So my current routine for starting a drive session is to press the brake, wait for the error icons to extinguish, and ensure the LDS Off icon is present. Hoping 2.4.x resolves this. Intervention systems doing whatever they want is a major safety hazard.
This is a 1st for me. I’ll check my router to see if there’s been more data downloaded to the car than usual.

Wow so a random lucky few get it up to a month before others.
I can guarantee there’s a few folks who don’t feel they were “lucky” to get it. :)

But most, yes.

Ok. It has been a week since some of us received the update. Nothing yet for my Lucid. I am having a hard time waiting. HELP!
Do a jigsaw puzzle <3

Yes the Tidal and USB music experience continues to be crap. Waiting for the infotainment system to get some much needed and long overdue attention...

Anyone know what the commands are for HL:

1. Play Atmos tracks on Tidal? Seems to default to non Atmos versions when finding the track or artist.

2. Play preset Tidal playlists? Tried all sorts of word combinations but still can't get the specific playlist to play.

TIA

Back