2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

Long time member, first time posting (in awhile).

Got the 2.4.2 update and very impressed it's tackling so many features...gives me confidence they are continue to keep the car at the forefront of the technological experience, from efficiency to features. That said, the "Hey Lucid" is not quite ready for prime time...my effort to ask it to "turn on massage on driver's seat" gave me a true one hit wonder on Spotify that I now have to recommend: Sniff & Tears Driver's Seat from the 12" extended play version. Crank it up and hit the button to create a playlist (and thank me later). Perfect for testing out the HA on a long road trip, or just a weekend run through your best local stretch of highway.

Thank you all for sharing your insights regarding the latest OTA updates. Is there a point in time that I can legitimately claim that my Air Touring feels left out as I have not been invited to the update so far ?

Thank you all for sharing your insights regarding the latest OTA updates. Is there a point in time that I can legitimately claim that my Air Touring feels left out as I have not been invited to the update so far ?
In about two weeks since that is often how long the updates roll out.

This one is going to be slower-rolled than the typical update.

Long time member, first time posting (in awhile).

Got the 2.4.2 update and very impressed it's tackling so many features...gives me confidence they are continue to keep the car at the forefront of the technological experience, from efficiency to features. That said, the "Hey Lucid" is not quite ready for prime time...my effort to ask it to "turn on massage on driver's seat" gave me a true one hit wonder on Spotify that I now have to recommend: Sniff & Tears Driver's Seat from the 12" extended play version. Crank it up and hit the button to create a playlist (and thank me later). Perfect for testing out the HA on a long road trip, or just a weekend run through your best local stretch of highway.
Yeah, I’d treat LA as a “beta” or a “MVP.”

It had a ways to go, but it’s clear the right bones are there. It’ll get there, and it will have been worth it in the end.

In that sense, it’s not unlike the rewrite for 2.0.

*yet*

It’s brand new. It does not yet do even 5% of all the things it eventually will.

The difference is that Lucid now controls it. They can add features, fix bugs, provide it with real context, and so on… but they need time to do that.

Still way better than “cross our fingers, send all of our thoughts and prayers to Seattle, and hope Amazon decides to fund the Alexa team this quarter”
As a long term thing that sounds fine. But what’s still not clear is why not give a choice. The integration already exists with Alexa.. could have done something with short press vs long press of the microphone button vs voice activation. A long press activates Siri if you have car play.. a short press could have left activating alexa or could have made this a user choice.

Was there any improvement in Profile switching time, this will help me great since i have to do this 4 to 5 times a day.
Anyone checked this?

Why no takers for this questions

Anyone checked this?

Why no takers for this questions
I think most of the drivers are not sharing beloved Luci.

May be It's not on everyones need and few people feel the same pain. I think most of the drivers are not sharing beloved Luci.
Possible, i wish this improves.

I just picked up my car from LUCID service for a minor frunk issue and upgraded firmware to latest 2.4.2. While driving back home found the "HOLD" light is not turning ON at stops - actually only realized this when the car started to roll at a STOP on a slope! Has anyone experienced the HOLD function not working?

May be It's not on everyones need and few people feel the same pain. I think most of the drivers are not sharing beloved Luci.
I have to share. I do this frequently, but I haven't installed the update yet so I don't know. It'd be great if it's improved.

I just picked up my car from LUCID service for a minor frunk issue and upgraded firmware to latest 2.4.2. While driving back home found the "HOLD" light is not turning ON at stops - actually only realized this when the car started to roll at a STOP on a slope! Has anyone experienced the HOLD function not working?
Check that the setting didn’t get reset. That happens after updates occasionally.

The last time my car was at service, when I picked it up they had turned off hold. That really puzzled me until I figured it out and turned it back on again. There was no software update, so it must not have been an update bug, but someone changing the setting.

As a long term thing that sounds fine. But what’s still not clear is why not give a choice. The integration already exists with Alexa.. could have done something with short press vs long press of the microphone button vs voice activation. A long press activates Siri if you have car play.. a short press could have left activating alexa or could have made this a user choice.
Alexa was a losing battle that was never going to improve. Amazon has fired most of the team, and the vast majority of the feedback was negative.

Keeping it around meant dealing with and maintaining two systems, and fixing bugs in both. Killing it means they can put all their focus into the future.

Hard choice, and undoubtedly will upset some folks who are Alexa diehards like you (said with no derision, I just don’t have a better term), but long-term I definitely think it’s the right call personally.

That’s why I compared it to the 2.0 SW rewrite. It was the hard choice, but I think we’d all agree it was the right choice, now. At the time, 9 months of nearly no feature updates felt hellish; but now? I would happily do it again for what was an improvement of multiple orders of magnitude.

So I think they made the right choice. Maintaining two sets of features/products, especially when one of them is a completely black box you can’t fix when it breaks? That would have been the wrong choice imho.

As someone who has been super underwhelmed by DD Pro, I’m really looking forward to this release. I only used it once on a road trip when I first got my GT last December and it felt like the Autopia ride at Disney when you take your hands off the wheel, ping ponging in the lane.

Honestly though this feature hasn't been important to me. I really like driving the car, so no biggie. Figured that it would take some time for Lucid to get the firmware right.

Since there’s no sign of the update, I tried to conjure it by updating the phone app, then sitting in my car looking wistfully at the Glass Cockpit. Maybe next I'll try sacrificing some chickens in the back yard. That generally works.

Does anyone have photos of how the CarPlay nav and native navigation styling updates look?

(Aside: I'm looking forward to a future where Lucid ditches Here Maps just like it did Alexa)

Does anyone have photos of how the CarPlay nav and native navigation styling updates look?

(Aside: I'm looking forward to a future where Lucid ditches Here Maps just like it did Alexa)
If both CarPlay and Android Auto are available in the car, that gives you Google Maps, Waze or anything else. You'll never have to use Here Maps. I don't know which navigation Honda uses, but I was always running Google Maps through AA instead of the car's system. It makes Here Maps look fantastic.

You can also onoy Chang eit while the car is in Park.

Back