2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

Would be nice to display all the time.

Our Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited with heads-up display provided Blind Spot information in three locations; mirrors, center dash and heads-up. Leaving the Lane Visualization up all the time on the Air along with Blind Spot (BS didn't sound right LOL) information would be great.

Does anybody have the complete list for what hey lucid controls ? Specifically, does it control the wipers ?
Thanks

Seems to be a known issue at this point. No way to get rid of it. Tried the above suggestion to adjust DreamDrive settings to no avail.
Like all the updates, some people install with no issues and other people have problems. I've been lucky with these, almost never had a problem. But since I'm bringing the car to Lucid in Costa Mesa tomorrow anyway, I'll let them install and test it before giving it back to me. I don't want to risk losing cameras.

Remember, the Internet is famously skewed to the negative. I have 2.4.0 with no problems. I imagine the same holds true for most people who haven't posted.

Does anybody have the complete list for what hey lucid controls ? Specifically, does it control the wipers ?
Thanks
It’s very limited; I rather have Alexa where I can turn on my home lights, TV, etc. if you go to settings, it tells you what it can do along with samples of commands.

It’s very limited; I rather have Alexa where I can turn on my home lights, TV, etc. if you go to settings, it tells you what it can do along with samples of commands.
Maybe I'm just too old, but I've never had the desire to turn on the TV in my house while in my car.

Maybe I'm just too old, but I've never had the desire to turn on the TV in my house while in my car.
I only mentioned this because it does more than what Lucid assist does practically nothing… you can ask for directions but so can Siri when using Apple Play … moreover, I may use Alexa to turn on some things as I’m arriving home in preparation to arrival so I can come into a home will lit, etc. and for security purposes. I pretty old myself….

I updated to 2.4.2 this morning (skipping 2.4.0 entirely). Everything works great, no problems.
That is great. I don’t think those who received 2.4.0 also received 2.4.2.

I just received 2.4.2

I like having both the front and rear cameras as well as the turn signal camera working. I don’t go on the highway much and even then I have never used that or cruise or navigation over 2 years and 8K miles. I forget which buttons to press for what.

I only mentioned this because it does more than what Lucid assist does practically nothing… you can ask for directions but so can Siri when using Apple Play … moreover, I may use Alexa to turn on some things as I’m arriving home in preparation to arrival so I can come into a home will lit, etc. and for security purposes. I pretty old myself….
I used Alexa to control garage doors from the Lucid, and Google assistant for many things in our home from our other EV (checking if I closed the garage doors, turning on the landscape lights upon returning home, etc). These days, the voice assistant is part of an ecosystem - a carmaker can't change it without abandoning someone.

Are these camera issues only happening to people with DDP or are there folks with premium etc that also experiencing this issue ?

I wonder if the update will be put on hold due to this issue? I haven't received notification of the update availability yet nor have I seen any big downloads for the vehicle on my Eero.
That’s my theory from earlier in this thread. I haven’t received the update either.

I have said it before - Lucid updates are not consistent across the fleet….so we can’t generalize the after effects. Most of us all know at this point of time, these will most likely create a few bugs for some users and not everyone. Let’s keep the thread going in a positive direction and not crowd it with negativity. Especially the ones who have not received it yet. We need to eliminate the surround sound here and focus on real issues

I have said it before - Lucid updates are not consistent across the fleet….so we can’t generalize the after effects. Most of us all know at this point of time, these will most likely create a few bugs for some users and not everyone. Let’s keep the thread going in a positive direction and not crowd it with negativity. Especially the ones who have not received it yet. We need to eliminate the surround sound here and focus on real issues
Surround Sound in age of Atmos 😉😉 I'm happy to announce I'll be waiting for 2.4.4 to show up.

thats the thing i care the least about, but thats me. i guess i'm special like that. i never use Alexa for the in-car automation. maybe if it worked better, i would.
Honestly the Hey Lucid is pretty bad. I'm not understanding why people are saying it's better than Alexa? I'm not an Amazon Alex user but in the car it seamlessly called people from my contacts, etc. With HL I can't get it to call anyone with a slight difference in spelling than it's expecting.

I'm having a camera error with the front / rear views. Says unavailable but the surround view on the bottom screen is still working.

Nothing, as of yet, has fixed it.
Picture attached

Attachments

• PXL_20240909_213906979.webp
    PXL_20240909_213906979.webp
    914.3 KB · Views: 202
*yet*

It’s brand new. It does not yet do even 5% of all the things it eventually will.

The difference is that Lucid now controls it. They can add features, fix bugs, provide it with real context, and so on… but they need time to do that.

Still way better than “cross our fingers, send all of our thoughts and prayers to Seattle, and hope Amazon decides to fund the Alexa team this quarter”

Downloaded 2.4.2 late yesterday (@2 hrs) and went out this morning. I drove about 10 minutes on a 3-lane highway, and the HA kicked in with the dashed lines. The HA is drastically improved from before. I rarely used it because on some roads it would turn itself off with no warning on some of the sharper curves. Today it remained on throughout and kept well within the lines with very little "adjusting". I tried the lane change assist a couple times and was happy to see that HA turned itself back on automatically even in a curve. Prior to this, if I used HA and changed lanes on a curve, it would not turn back on until I hit a straightaway for a distance. No problems with cameras, and the Lucid Assistant is working pretty well. I can ask it to play Tidal songs/artists, etc., but it will not find playlists on Tidal. I appreciate the text which shows up on the far right of the cockpit when you ask it something and it says "Thinking..." Alexa often just drifted off and never answered, and you didn't know what was up. Lucid did great work on this update. I have a long drive on Wednesday, and this will make it a lot more pleasant!

Hi all - 61k miles on my 2023 GT - have always been super complimentary of build quality, range and driving experience- but always negative on UI software and ADS. Like they forgot about it, and just decided to throw Alexa and some generic lane keeping assist program at it. Every update since has added to the 'robustness' of the car, which made me cringe each time.

They must have had a change at the top with their technology department.

For the first time - it seems like have added an update that starts to build on the promises of 3 years ago. So far - it's awesome. Lucid Assistant already far ahead of Alexa. Dream Drive Pro lane keeping, lane changing, slowing around curves, and not drifting into other cars and lanes - AWESOME. Home link- awesome.

Always more work to be done to enhance user experience, but my faith has been restored- THANK YOU. You have a new and vastly improved platform from which to build.

Forget about Tesla, target BMW 7 and Mercedes S owners looking to upgrade. You finally have an OS to be proud of and beginning to be commensurate with the reputation of the rest of the car. Keep the real updates coming, and best of luck with Gravity!

The HA update is much improved! I love the changes and visuals. Works as described for me 20+ miles on I-5 and 405 around LA for me last night. Only two issues I've observed last night:

1. Construction merge lanes - car went a little haywire trying to figure out the lanes and couldn't "see" the cars merging into my lane. I had to turn off HA to move with the construction lane markers and allow cars to merge properly in front and behind me. I went through the same area twice to confirm it was the same behavior. Recommend not using HA in construction zones or areas.

2. Lucid Assistant - for some reason, it works great the first one or two times I use it but after you give it a command it doesn't recognize, it just goes dead. I can't call it back up by voice or the button on the steering wheel until the next time I put the car to sleep or logo reset.

Back