2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

I only mentioned this because it does more than what Lucid assist does practically nothing… you can ask for directions but so can Siri when using Apple Play … moreover, I may use Alexa to turn on some things as I’m arriving home in preparation to arrival so I can come into a home will lit, etc. and for security purposes. I pretty old myself….
I occasionally use Alexa when something important comes up like needing to find out Abraham Lincoln's shoe size in the middle of a drive, or calculating a number because I don't want to do the math in my head, but the need comes up less often than you might think. At least for the first one, but I do at times have general questions that are easy for Alexa to look up. Alexa is of very limited use with respect to controlling the car itself.

However I do use it for home automation, mostly to open and close the garage door. Part of the reason was the frustration of closing it while in reverse, but I also found that opening it by asking Alexa could be more reliable than trying to tap the screen at the right time, without it disappearing. If it disappears after I tap it but the door didn't open, it's easier to just have Alexa do it.

I also might use the Announce command to notify people in my house of something without having to call them, especially if I don't have my phone with me. But it was equally frustrating that Announce seemingly worked on all Alexa devices but the Lucid for hearing announcements. The parts of Alexa that didn't work (but worked elsewhere) were frustrating, but at least I will be able to talk about Alexa in the car without waking up Alexa. Being unable to change or turn off the keyword was frustrating.

Assuming that the car doesn't get confused, and I have to say the "hey" part, it will be less frustrating since I'll be able to talk about Lucid without the car thinking that it's a command. But there will still be people who would rather press a button than have a car listening for a keyword.

If Lucid plans to integrate the types of home automation that I can do with Google or Alexa (virtually every one that I use works with both) then it won't be a problem in the long run. It's not that I'm an Alexa die hard, and I'll be fine if the equivalent functionality shows up. But for now, I don't see Android Auto on the cusp of showing up.

There might be some people who bought the car knowing that it had Alexa and considered it an important feature. Amazon sells a device that allows you to add Alexa to a car and it was never important enough to me to try it on another car, but the option is there for people who want it.

As for Amazon Music, Lucid needs to add it natively. Supposedly they are working on it and it's a matter of when. Tesla finally added it after over a decade. Getting Android Auto working would give another route.

As for the other updates, I might be able to talk some people into getting a Lucid, who were disappointed by the limited state of Dream Drive.

I occasionally use Alexa when something important comes up like needing to find out Abraham Lincoln's shoe size in the middle of a drive, or calculating a number because I don't want to do the math in my head, but the need comes up less often than you might think. At least for the first one, but I do at times have general questions that are easy for Alexa to look up. Alexa is of very limited use with respect to controlling the car itself.

However I do use it for home automation, mostly to open and close the garage door. Part of the reason was the frustration of closing it while in reverse, but I also found that opening it by asking Alexa could be more reliable than trying to tap the screen at the right time, without it disappearing. If it disappears after I tap it but the door didn't open, it's easier to just have Alexa do it.

I also might use the Announce command to notify people in my house of something without having to call them, especially if I don't have my phone with me. But it was equally frustrating that Announce seemingly worked on all Alexa devices but the Lucid for hearing announcements. The parts of Alexa that didn't work (but worked elsewhere) were frustrating, but at least I will be able to talk about Alexa in the car without waking up Alexa. Being unable to change or turn off the keyword was frustrating.

Assuming that the car doesn't get confused, and I have to say the "hey" part, it will be less frustrating since I'll be able to talk about Lucid without the car thinking that it's a command. But there will still be people who would rather press a button than have a car listening for a keyword.

If Lucid plans to integrate the types of home automation that I can do with Google or Alexa (virtually every one that I use works with both) then it won't be a problem in the long run. It's not that I'm an Alexa die hard, and I'll be fine if the equivalent functionality shows up. But for now, I don't see Android Auto on the cusp of showing up.

There might be some people who bought the car knowing that it had Alexa and considered it an important feature. Amazon sells a device that allows you to add Alexa to a car and it was never important enough to me to try it on another car, but the option is there for people who want it.

As for Amazon Music, Lucid needs to add it natively. Supposedly they are working on it and it's a matter of when. Tesla finally added it after over a decade. Getting Android Auto working would give another route.

As for the other updates, I might be able to talk some people into getting a Lucid, who were disappointed by the limited state of Dream Drive.
Perhaps an Alexa Auto device will help return Alexa capability for you.

Does anyone have photos of how the CarPlay nav and native navigation styling updates look?

(Aside: I'm looking forward to a future where Lucid ditches Here Maps just like it did Alexa)
I'll try and take some photos in the AM. The simple way to visualize it is that it takes the Apple Maps turn-by-turn notifications that cover the top third of your iPhone, and puts those notifications in the area to the right of the center speedometer. It's well integrated enough that you might mistake it for the native Lucid Navigation. This change was only visible to me if you use Apple Maps in CarPlay; it didn't work for me with Google Maps.

But there will still be people who would rather press a button than have a car listening for a keyword.
You can still use the button. If you can’t, that’s a bug you should report.

Perhaps an Alexa Auto device will help return Alexa capability for you.
Or use the Alexa app on your phone or via CarPlay

I agree, very disappointing as I use Alexa to play music from services that aren’t integrated into the Lucid UI. Now I will be forced to fiddle with CarPlay to try to navigate to the services I want.
Does this mean you could use Siri now to control Amazon Music?
IME, as bad as Siri is, she's 100 miles better at understanding than Alexa.

Does this mean you could use Siri now to control Amazon Music?
IME, as bad as Siri is, she's 100 miles better at understanding than Alexa.
yes this has been in the newer versions of the Amazon Music app in carplay. There is a little button to press to have siri control amazon music. Still won't get hi res or atmos audio that way

I only mentioned this because it does more than what Lucid assist does practically nothing… you can ask for directions but so can Siri when using Apple Play … moreover, I may use Alexa to turn on some things as I’m arriving home in preparation to arrival so I can come into a home will lit, etc. and for security purposes. I pretty old myself….
See, Alexa in the car never worked for anything like that for me. For whatever reason, AA was 1000% useless compared to AA in the house.
So I'm looking forward to trying out this LA, and seeing if it's more useful, especially for navigation, entering destinations.

I’m most excited for the more responsive app! I’m always scared my car will leave me stranded when it doesn’t respond to my phone key or app waking for minutes! Any first impressions?

I’m most excited for the more responsive app! I’m always scared my car will leave me stranded when it doesn’t respond to my phone key or app waking for minutes! Any first impressions?
MUCH faster for waking the car via app, which is unreleted to waking via mobile key (which also has been quite solid).

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet. Is the Lucid Assistant available through the phone app for verbal commands like open frunk, etc? If not, I would be interested in seeing this option. Alexa was not great. I'm patiently looking f
Forward to 2.4.

I'll try and take some photos in the AM. The simple way to visualize it is that it takes the Apple Maps turn-by-turn notifications that cover the top third of your iPhone, and puts those notifications in the area to the right of the center speedometer. It's well integrated enough that you might mistake it for the native Lucid Navigation. This change was only visible to me if you use Apple Maps in CarPlay; it didn't work for me with Google Maps.
IMG_3340.webp

See the turn-by-turn on the left of the photo. Works for me with Apple Maps only.

Love it, unfortunately I don't think the street is showing with iOS 18.
That’s a bummer. Don’t have iOS 18 yet, will report back if anything is different for me once I do install it.

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet. Is the Lucid Assistant available through the phone app for verbal commands like open frunk, etc?
That wouldn't make much sense. You can already use Siri or the Android equivalent to do things like that from your phone. I don't think either platform allows apps to register a wake word like "hey lucid" for a custom assistant, and that only sounds more confusing.

Can you please give a thumbs up to this post if you have had no Camera issues after installing 2.4.0 or 2.4.2. This should limit adding posts to the thread but ID if this is indeed a luck of the draw issue that we see people have with updates and that there are many folks who had a clean update. Thank You. 🙏

is anyone else seeing the lane change option? i drove about 50miles on HA yesterday and it never appeared.

Back