2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

So I have the update and the drive in to work was great, however, upon plugging in and starting charging, the car is still showing the car as 'Driving' and not charging even though it is reporting the charge percent increasing and the Chargepoint app is showing it drawing 6kw continuously.
Has anyone seen this? I've had it happen once before, doesn't seem to affect anything though I guess reboot the car when I get back into it.
ive seen this happen in the lucid mobile app. I've had situations where the app showed my location where I was 30 minutes ago and slowly caught up.

i;d say sometimes the lucid backend that provides the data to the app gets behind (or overloaded) and can't process the data feed fast enough.

Alexa was a losing battle that was never going to improve. Amazon has fired most of the team, and the vast majority of the feedback was negative.

Keeping it around meant dealing with and maintaining two systems, and fixing bugs in both. Killing it means they can put all their focus into the future.

Hard choice, and undoubtedly will upset some folks who are Alexa diehards like you (said with no derision, I just don’t have a better term), but long-term I definitely think it’s the right call personally.

That’s why I compared it to the 2.0 SW rewrite. It was the hard choice, but I think we’d all agree it was the right choice, now. At the time, 9 months of nearly no feature updates felt hellish; but now? I would happily do it again for what was an improvement of multiple orders of magnitude.

So I think they made the right choice. Maintaining two sets of features/products, especially when one of them is a completely black box you can’t fix when it breaks? That would have been the wrong choice imho.
What if you Just keep the Alexa App open on your phone in the center Console. "Alexa XXXX"?

Any one received update today?
Still waiting 🥲

I’m curious if people are still getting the update today? Unless I missed it I haven’t heard of any new recipients of the update.
I'm wondering if they paused it for some of the issues, which would be ironic considering how much they were pumping it up, with multiple slides during the presentation and a press release.

Alexa was a losing battle that was never going to improve. Amazon has fired most of the team, and the vast majority of the feedback was negative.

Keeping it around meant dealing with and maintaining two systems, and fixing bugs in both. Killing it means they can put all their focus into the future.

Hard choice, and undoubtedly will upset some folks who are Alexa diehards like you (said with no derision, I just don’t have a better term), but long-term I definitely think it’s the right call personally.

That’s why I compared it to the 2.0 SW rewrite. It was the hard choice, but I think we’d all agree it was the right choice, now. At the time, 9 months of nearly no feature updates felt hellish; but now? I would happily do it again for what was an improvement of multiple orders of magnitude.

So I think they made the right choice. Maintaining two sets of features/products, especially when one of them is a completely black box you can’t fix when it breaks? That would have been the wrong choice imho.
wish i had that history like you do that enables you to feel that good about it. right now, all i see is another outlay of 10.99 a month for tidal or cut over the fam to this and deal with the groaning. hey maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised by how well tidal will just work, maybe lucid really does care about making these native experiences work better and will add other music service providers natively to create choice.

i'm not an alexa diehard. hate how often it falsely activates and how it just cant get voice profiles etc correctly, but this was something that just worked for my very limited usecase.

clearly YMMV applies here.

I'm wondering if they paused it for some of the issues, which would be ironic considering how much they were pumping it up, with multiple slides during the presentation and a press release.
Yup, I’ve been thinking the same thing. Since I asked the question earlier, no one has responded having gotten it today. I’m fine waiting if there’s something not quite right in the update that’s affecting some cars. I trust Lucid is doing what’s best.

Ensure it is enabled in Settings.
If you see dashed lines to the adjacent lane, the it is enabled. If the line to the adjacent lane is solid, then it is not active. When active, just press the turn signal ans lane change assist will complete the lane change.
Never saw the broken lines. I’ll have to confirm if the setting is disabled. I would imagine since it’s a new feature it’s enabled by default.

Never saw the broken lines. I’ll have to confirm if the setting is disabled. I would imagine since it’s a new feature it’s enabled by default.
It was enabled by default for me but you never know after an update, it is always good to check.

I've moved my car under the sun to ensure all data is received directly, no garage walls. That could be one reason why I'm not getting the update 😆😜 I'll keep you posted if this works.

is anyone else seeing the lane change option? i drove about 50miles on HA yesterday and it never appeared.
Yes, I seen and used within a few miles after driving. Do you have DDP? It’s only available to those with it.

I wonder if the update will be put on hold due to this issue? I haven't received notification of the update availability yet nor have I seen any big downloads for the vehicle on my Eero.
That was the case during the last update, they held off on the full rollout and then went out with a patched release for everyone.

It's odd

I imagine they might've stopped pushing if enough people are reporting issues with cameras, even with 2.4.2. For a platform they completely control, I do find it somewhat surprising that each major release, which has presumably been tested extensively prior to release, somehow runs into show-stopper bugs when deployed in the wild. It speaks to some level of variability between the vehicles, either in their deployed software configuration, or maybe something as subtle as the user profile/preferences (just a guess).

The upcoming software list from the investor webinar today was very exciting, we're in for a wild ride.

I've had the update for 3 days now and can honestly say that I think it's the best update yet. I've tested HA (love the 3 lane display and how accurate it is with displaying vehicles in other lanes) assisted lane changes. The multi-lane display even works when using standard "cruise-control" which I like as well. Stop and Go is really nice! Only thing I found that left me wanting was to show the vehicles in my blind spots. Not sure if that's possible due to screen space, but if it is, that would be a nice addition.

The Homelink "fix" is long overdue and probably my favorite piece of this upgrade. I also did an "Hey Lucid, navigate home" without any problems. I don't really use the voice commands much if at all. I should probably play with that more.

All of this coupled with the AA announcement that it will be this fall, and I'm almost giddy. Love this car!

Confirming that checking and refreshing the app every 5 minutes does not help push the update to car.
It beats the heck out of what was available a decade ago, meaning going out to the car every five minutes to see if the screen showed an update ready to install.

I've had the update for 3 days now and can honestly say that I think it's the best update yet. I've tested HA (love the 3 lane display and how accurate it is with displaying vehicles in other lanes) assisted lane changes. The multi-lane display even works when using standard "cruise-control" which I like as well. Stop and Go is really nice! Only thing I found that left me wanting was to show the vehicles in my blind spots. Not sure if that's possible due to screen space, but if it is, that would be a nice addition.

The Homelink "fix" is long overdue and probably my favorite piece of this upgrade. I also did an "Hey Lucid, navigate home" without any problems. I don't really use the voice commands much if at all. I should probably play with that more.

All of this coupled with the AA announcement that it will be this fall, and I'm almost giddy. Love this car!
I agree with you on the blind spot point. I wish they would just move the picture of the Lucid up on the screen a bit so it would show cars entering the blind spot from behind.

FYI - I installed a mess router system with a satellite in the garage; now I get excellent WiFi reception to receive updates.

It beats the heck out of what was available a decade ago, meaning going out to the car every five minutes to see if the screen showed an update ready to install.
You mean going out to check the mailbox to see if you had a recall notice, then scheduling a service appointment and losing your car for a day just to get a software update?
Or buying a $500 DVD and sticking it in your car for a couple hours to update map data?

I imagine they might've stopped pushing if enough people are reporting issues with cameras, even with 2.4.2. For a platform they completely control, I do find it somewhat surprising that each major release, which has presumably been tested extensively prior to release, somehow runs into show-stopper bugs when deployed in the wild. It speaks to some level of variability between the vehicles, either in their deployed software configuration, or maybe something as subtle as the user profile/preferences (just a guess).

The upcoming software list from the investor webinar today was very exciting, we're in for a wild ride.
Webinar?

Back