Worried, I don’t have a garage available

Psymac

My two car garage is full of junk (with no help from my OfferUp collecting spouse) with no space to park any cars. So my Lucid will be parked in front, I’m going to feel bad that it’s getting baked in Florida sun every day. Heck, Lucid may just come and take it back and say you don’t deserve it!

I hadn't heard of OfferUp. That's one more thing I'll have to keep hidden from my spouse. ;)

My two car garage is full of junk (with no help from my OfferUp collecting spouse) with no space to park any cars. So my Lucid will be parked in front, I’m going to feel bad that it’s getting baked in Florida sun every day. Heck, Lucid may just come and take it back and say you don’t deserve it!
All the more reason to get her ceramic coated

My garage is filled to the brim (With cars, not "stuff") and my Lucid sits outside. Had to do what I can, so made sure to do full PPF and ceramic coat. Do a wash every week or two and it looks great.

I'm in the same boat, different climate. My plan is a full body PPF+Ceramic to protect the paint.

If you do a partial PPF to protect the front end from road rash, do you cover it all the way to the windshield or essentially just the front bumper?

If you do a partial PPF to protect the front end from road rash, do you cover it all the way to the windshield or essentially just the front bumper?
If you do the front, I'd suggest full front which is bumper, hood, mirrors and front fenders

I did the entire front end to the A Pillars and then I did the rear end from the back of the rear doors and around the bottom of the trunk all with Xpel Ultimate PPF. I didn't see any reason to do the four doors or the trunk lid with PPF. Everything was then coated with the FeynLab Heal Plus treatment including special products for the glass, plastic, and wheels.

I did the entire front end to the A Pillars and then I did the rear end from the back of the rear doors and around the bottom of the trunk all with Xpel Ultimate PPF. I didn't see any reason to do the four doors or the trunk lid with PPF. Everything was then coated with the FeynLab Heal Plus treatment including special products for the glass, plastic, and wheels.

Main reason for the doors is dings. Trunk is acorns. I live under oaks and those things are insane.

Main reason for the doors is dings. Trunk is acorns. I live under oaks and those things are insane.
PPF won't really help much with door dings. If a kid opens a door into your car you are going to get a dent and most likely it will also tear the PPF as well. Acorns on the trunk might be a real threat; I park my car in the garage at home and never under a tree anyway.

PPF won't really help much with door dings. If a kid opens a door into your car you are going to get a dent and most likely it will also tear the PPF as well. Acorns on the trunk might be a real threat; I park my car in the garage at home and never under a tree anyway.
Yea PPF is good for keys...

Correct. Someone hit my passenger doors when my car was parked. Aluminum won't repair well so I had to replace the door skins. Now I park far away from others and still some imbecile parks next to me when there are tons of nearby parking spaces with no one near them.

I meant you dinging others and scratching your own door. If the PPF is wrapped, it does help the edges in that sense.

It also *does* help with accidental dings, but yeah, if someone opens their door into you at full speed it is pointless.

Ah, Florida. The land of crammed garages, where ground conditions do not allow basements, attics are too hot for storage, and builders think 20' x 20' is a two-car garage. Have you thought about renting a storage unit so you can clear out room in the garage for the Lucid? No matter what protective steps you take, Florida is an absolutely brutal environment for any kind of equipment kept outdoors, particularly anything with electronics.

I meant you dinging others and scratching your own door. If the PPF is wrapped, it does help the edges in that sense.

It also *does* help with accidental dings, but yeah, if someone opens their door into you at full speed it is pointless.
I followed @SaratogaLefty and wrapped the door edges.

Did you think about getting a car cover with UV protection? Cheaper than a coating and keeps dirt dust and other crud off the car. Might even protect against light scratches too. UV damage is the bane of car finishes, so if you don't want to clean out your garage then that might be the best option. I have a 19 year old car that has been garaged at home all its life and the finish is still very good without degradation. The only problem is putting the cover on and off, but that is a minor inconvenience to protecting an expensive luxury car.

Did you think about getting a car cover with UV protection? Cheaper than a coating and keeps dirt dust and other crud off the car. Might even protect against light scratches too. UV damage is the bane of car finishes, so if you don't want to clean out your garage then that might be the best option. I have a 19 year old car that has been garaged at home all its life and the finish is still very good without degradation. The only problem is putting the cover on and off, but that is a minor inconvenience to protecting an expensive luxury car.
I daily drive the Lucid and its just not practical to throw on a cover and take it off daily. I also don't think a car under a tarp outside the house adds to the curb appeal. I think the ceramic coating + PPF is enough to keep the car looking good with minimal care over the years.

I daily drive the Lucid and its just not practical to throw on a cover and take it off daily. I also don't think a car under a tarp outside the house adds to the curb appeal. I think the ceramic coating + PPF is enough to keep the car looking good with minimal care over the years.
Interesting remark. You are complaining about not having garage space to park your car yet think that a car cover does not provide curb appeal. Sounds like you don't want to use a garage and would rather show off your car to the neighborhood. I will garage my new AGT (when it comes) at all times as I do with all my cars even though I have a large circular driveway. An expensive luxury car exhibited outdoors is hijacking fodder for car thieves no matter what kind of neighborhood the car resides.

Back