I swore I wasn't going to...

beavis9k

Referral code ETG9QKW5
Cars
AT, Ford F350
Referral Code
ETG9QKW5
...buy the Lucid Home Charging Station. I don't really need it. I work from home 4 days a week and my employer has free level 2 charging in the parking lot.

But I'm slowly falling behind charging from a 120v outlet every night - I don't have 220v in my garage. I'd drive the car more if I could charge faster. I've got a couple bids to get that done and decided why the hell shouldn't I go overboard and get 100A out there? (For futureproofing, of course!)

I was going to be content with the mobile charger. That delusion lasted about 24 hours before I gave in and ordered the charging station. Oops!

...buy the Lucid Home Charging Station. I don't really need it. I work from home 4 days a week and my employer has free level 2 charging in the parking lot.

But I'm slowly falling behind charging from a 120v outlet every night - I don't have 220v in my garage. I'd drive the car more if I could charge faster. I've got a couple bids to get that done and decided why the hell shouldn't I go overboard and get 100A out there? (For futureproofing, of course!)

I was going to be content with the mobile charger. That delusion lasted about 24 hours before I gave in and ordered the charging station. Oops!
You could have just had the 100 amp installed and plugged in your mobile charger for now.

Do we know if the charging station will eventually be compatible with V2H in the future? Or will there be a different station? I wouldn’t spend that much on a regular charging station tbh even with the $300 discount

I love my Lucid Home Charger. Yes, it is overkill at 19.2 kW, but I can charge fast if I need a boost quickly vs our ChargePoint which will only give 40 amps on the 50 amp circuit. I really only charge for an hour or two with the Lucid charger, going from 40% to 70% on a cycle. It is nice to know that I can do that in less than 2 hours if needed.

To answer one of your original questions I was told when I purchased the LCHCS when it first came out that it would be the right charger station for V2H. The electrician who installed it was working closely with Lucid on the LCHCS for months before it was released for purchase. He told me it will need some additional hardware (external to the unit) and software to work properly.

Do we know if the charging station will eventually be compatible with V2H in the future? Or will there be a different station? I wouldn’t spend that much on a regular charging station tbh even with the $300 discount
Lucid says yes: "WiFi-enabled for over-the-air updates and hardware-ready for bi-directional charging (additional equipment needed for bi-directional charging currently under development)."

... I've got a couple bids to get that done and decided why the hell shouldn't I go overboard and get 100A out there? (For futureproofing, of course!)
My LHCS is on a leftover 60 amp circuit from a prior Tesla chargring station, and I wish it was an 80A or 100A circuit.
Having fast 240V charging at home makes all the difference in EV ownership. Futureproofing is a good thing, as the incremental cost for a more capable installation isn't much.

Yeah, I could have. Like I said, I convinced myself that would be fine for about 24 hours. 🤣
You won’t regret it. I have ADHD and can be forgetful about plugging in, so it’s nice to go “oh crap” in the morning, plug in, and then still have tons of juice by the time I’ve had my bagel.

With additional equipment, it will be compatible. If, for some reason, it isn’t, I imagine Lucid will replace it, just like they did the mobile charging cable for V2V.

I love my Lucid Home Charger. Yes, it is overkill at 19.2 kW, but I can charge fast if I need a boost quickly vs our ChargePoint which will only give 40 amps on the 50 amp circuit. I really only charge for an hour or two with the Lucid charger, going from 40% to 70% on a cycle. It is nice to know that I can do that in less than 2 hours if needed.
This is exactly what I was thinking when I clicked the purchase button.

That 80 amp rate from Lucid's charger wins you the fastest home-charging miles-per-minute award of any production EV.

That 80 amp rate from Lucid's charger wins you the fastest home-charging miles-per-minute award of any production EV.
Doesn’t Porsche’s home charger go that fast? I thought it could. It’s not future ready for V2H but does do 19.2kw.

Doesn’t Porsche’s home charger go that fast? I thought it could. It’s not future ready for V2H but does do 19.2kw.
It does, but when you multiply the 19.2 kW by the Porsche's miles per kWh, you get a lower miles added per hour of charging figure then the Air.

It does, but when you multiply the 19.2 kW by the Porsche's miles per kWh, you get a lower miles added per hour of charging figure then the Air.
Oh I see, yeah they both do the same power but it results in more actual miles added to the Lucid in the same amount of time.

Back