What the Data?

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring 2022
Week 1 with the GT and noticing that 2 out of the last 4 days it has downloaded between 1.1 and 1.2 Gigs of data.

No software update prompt since 1.2.20 (which was tiny). Any idea why it is pulling down so much data?

1.2.21 is out, perhaps it has downloaded and its pending installation?

Week 1 with the GT and noticing that 2 out of the last 4 days it has downloaded between 1.1 and 1.2 Gigs of data.

No software update prompt since 1.2.20 (which was tiny). Any idea why it is pulling down so much data?
How you do monitor the data amount that has been downloaded? I just got my Lucid last week with 1.2.21 loaded and am still waiting for the next update to experience that process.

How you do monitor the data amount that has been downloaded? I just got my Lucid last week with 1.2.21 loaded and am still waiting for the next update to experience that process.
Most network routers will let you track that if it’s on your wifi.

Reactions: DJL
I have been monitoring the data flows to/from my Lucid connected via WiFi in my garage. The car UPLOADS data to Lucid almost every day. Lots of it. Gigabytes! Logs of driving data. Probably what they are using to develop Dream Drive Pro and other features as well as debug others. On the pilot panel you can opt out of this data sharing with Lucid but my view is the more logs I share with Lucid the faster they will be able to amass a database to bring us new features. I know some will say "Hey, my data is private..." and freak out, personally I don't mind if my car uploads its logs to Lucid for them to analyze... See the screen shot which shows the uploads and the destinations.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 4.16.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 4.16.40 PM.png
    242.1 KB · Views: 115
I have been monitoring the data flows to/from my Lucid connected via WiFi in my garage. The car UPLOADS data to Lucid almost every day. Lots of it. Gigabytes! Logs of driving data. Probably what they are using to develop Dream Drive Pro and other features as well as debug others. On the pilot panel you can opt out of this data sharing with Lucid but my view is the more logs I share with Lucid the faster they will be able to amass a database to bring us new features. I know some will say "Hey, my data is private..." and freak out, personally I don't mind if my car uploads its logs to Lucid for them to analyze... See the screen shot which shows the uploads and the destinations.
Interesting! Looks like it’s maintaining an openvpn connection with the mothership, and shipping logs using mqtt.

I’m a little challenged with this stuff. Can you tell me how you access this data from your Wi-Fi? Also, am I to understand that Lucid is sending data to our cars absent an OTA or is it taking data from the car?

I’m a little challenged with this stuff. Can you tell me how you access this data from your Wi-Fi? Also, am I to understand that Lucid is sending data to our cars absent an OTA or is it taking data from the car?
My Google WiFi I just login through my app and can tap on the device (in this case my Lucid) and see the data usage. Most routers, once you login have this ability. Absent and OTA, when you first went through setup you gave permission to Lucid to upload your car data.

Both upload and download

D7AFFBAF-9F64-4678-83C1-5D90745F7862.jpeg

I wish I had a car to do a show and tell. Supposedly, it is coming home from the shop on Monday.
I feel your pain. I had mine out of action for 5 weeks.

I feel your pain. I had mine out of action for 5 weeks.
This Friday will be five weeks from me. The Lucid Five Weeks Club, that nobody wants to join.

To be clear, I can see the volume of traffic up/down in the eero app when the Lucid is connected to my WiFi network.

This Friday will be five weeks from me. The Lucid Five Weeks Club, that nobody wants to join
What was yours out of commission for? Assume they gave you a nice loaner? I just got my GT on Friday and fear I'll be joining your club already, sigh...

This transfer of data to Lucid is a bit of a battery drain for sure. This process is almost certainly part of the vampire drain.

I would prefer that the data transfer would be scheduled and batched on a less frequent basis than daily. Perhaps the downloaded data is high priority adjustments to the car's operating characteristics, but I hope this data would not be needed every single day as the log indicates.

This transfer of data to Lucid is a bit of a battery drain for sure. This process is almost certainly part of the vampire drain.

I would prefer that the data transfer would be scheduled and batched on a less frequent basis than daily. Perhaps the downloaded data is high priority adjustments to the car's operating characteristics, but I hope this data would not be needed every single day as the log indicates.
Or maybe there should be an option to restrict downloading & uploading to only happen while car is charging.

What was yours out of commission for? Assume they gave you a nice loaner? I just got my GT on Friday and fear I'll be joining your club already, sigh...
Why?

Also, I believe during the initial setup you have the choice to not provide your data (or limit what is shared) and if you do that they do warn that some systems may not be available to you. At least that is what I recalled.

Back