• GREAT, POOR, WIP

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • POOR

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

cossserban

Cars
Grand touring
I have the GT since April last year> I also have a Tesla ModelX and I am using the navigation systems in both cars. In the beginning I was just surprised by the poor state of the maps. They were missing a lot of important locations ( I live in Miami). With time this has improved but, as of today there are still several "missed" locations.
What is even more surprising for a vehicle at this level are the following:

Navigation settings: what are there?
You cannot turn of/on the audio guidance; You cannot change the view with the cardinal points. And, what bothers me the most is the choice of the screens: we have THREE screens displaying some level of map data:
But at default. the map navigation shows two different orientations on the panel and on the tablet: WHY? why are they not synchronized by default? if you do not pay attention the upper panel will show the direction arrow pointing uo ( direction of drive) while the tablet will have the arrow pointing down! WHYYY?
WIth one of the newer software updates yo
IMG_3067.jpeg
u have now "the last mile" navi data displayed TWICE side by side! WHY?

If anybody( Lucid management included) can explain the logic I would appreciate.

Lucid's nav is definitely not up to the standards of Google Maps. A missed opportunity IMO, along with Alexa vs Google Assistant. We have native Google in our other EV and love it.

In Lucid's settings, you can turn navigation audio on and off as well as change its volume independently of media.

Update HERE maps with additions and corrections here: https://here.navigation.com/cms/page.BeMapMaker/en_US/HERENA/USD

There should be a third option in this poll: N/A, I don’t use it.

I use CarPlay for all my navigation at this point.

I just use carplay....why should Lucid spend on something that Apple will always do better?

I just use carplay....why should Lucid spend on something that Apple will always do better?
They can’t assume people want to use their phones for navigation. So they will always want a good built-in system. Not to mention everyone on Android at the moment.

They definitely need to keep improving on the house system. But if they get Android Auto out, they may be able to prioritize it a bit lower.

I must be the only one who likes Lucid's nav and I've pitted it against GMaps and it's done the same.

I must be the only one who likes Lucid's nav and I've pitted it against GMaps and it's done the same.
Unfortunately it's been a repeat loser for me.

Because it shouldn't be necessary to buy an Apple product and connect it to a sophisticated thing to get the thing to work competently. Wouldn't accept that in a desk chair, microwave oven, miter saw. Why deal with it in a car?

Unfortunately it's been a repeat loser for me.
It does well routing around traffic jams but is terrible in some situations. It isn’t up to date on highway construction. It tried to route me on 101 when it had been closed for weeks on the Olympic peninsula while google knew. Took a long time to stop trying to send me back to the 101 while I was on the detour route. Nav knew there was construction on the 5 near Tacoma but it was only at night but it always tried to use alternate routes even though traffic conditions didn’t warrant it and it was day time. I could see on the nav screen that traffic was flowing on the 5 so I stayed there. Car nav seems to be “behind” or lag actual car location. I’ve had it tell me to “turn now” after I already passed the street and I’m 100 yards down the road. GPS mapping error or lag? I don’t know.

Is there a way to configure it to avoid toll roads? While in Seattle, it consistently told me to use the 99 toll tunnel.

I've actually been using the native nav system lately and liking it, and I'm an Apple guy who is generally pretty happy with CarPlay and All Things Apple. I do ALWAYS turn off the audio nav guidance (as I do in CarPlay) but I've mostly found it more satisfactory than CarPlay, mainly due to the larger screen real estate on the dual screens, and especially with the recent graphic improvements (especially larger fonts). I've especially enjoyed seeing route options and having the ability to select a different route in-progress.

What’s the deal with searching for a location in Canada. Choosing it. And then the nav says no location found when you press start. I tried an airport location in Canada and it worked. I even downloaded the maps for offline just in case. Tried same address in waze and worked just fine. Is there any fix to this? I’m taking a road trip to Canada in a week and wanted to make sure the nav was finding the address and chargers along the way.

My nav has been completely non-functional for weeks now. Car was at SC this week for diagnosis and I was told I have the dubious distinction of owning a Lucid with a nav issue hitherto unseen by Lucid. Currently awaiting parts.
Car has been in for service 4 times in the last 3 months and I have yet to have a Lucid loaner available, btw.

Lucid's nav is definitely not up to the standards of Google Maps. A missed opportunity IMO, along with Alexa vs Google Assistant. We have native Google in our other EV and love it.

In Lucid's settings, you can turn navigation audio on and off as well as change its volume independently of media.

Update HERE maps with additions and corrections here: https://here.navigation.com/cms/page.BeMapMaker/en_US/HERENA/USD
I went to this site and tried to find updates for HERE maps. When I click on Menu, then "Select your brand", Lucid is not a choice??

I went to this site and tried to find updates for HERE maps. When I click on Menu, then "Select your brand", Lucid is not a choice??
Maybe because the Air has OTA capability and updates its maps automatically.
I posted HERE's website as a way for users to edit/update/correct HERE's global database rather than to send an update to a car. No need to on the Air.
Google Maps has a similar functionality - anyone can suggest a correction/addition to the Google Maps team, and it will generally be published and go live in a few hours.

I finally figured out why HERE maps took me miles out into the desert, the wrong direction, when I was looking for the ChargePoint station at 6554 Smoketree Ave, Twentynine Palms CA. The reason is that HERE thinks the street is called "Smoke Tree Ave", and Google Maps and Chargepoint.com think it is called "Smoketree Ave". Google will accept either name, HERE will not.

The lone street sign I could find in Twentynine Palms using Google Maps street view says "Smoke Tree Ave", which agrees with Twentynine Palms city GIS data online. I submitted the street name error to Google Maps for correction.

Does anyone know if its possible to eliminate --or minimize--the black rectangle in the middle of the lower screen? it's about twice as big is it needs to be (i.e. half of it is blank) and the buttons (Parking, Food, etc) could run across the top or bottom and not black out 40% of the map. Between the rectangle and the tiny typeface I find the lower map just about useless, which is really a shame

Does anyone know if its possible to eliminate --or minimize--the black rectangle in the middle of the lower screen? it's about twice as big is it needs to be (i.e. half of it is blank) and the buttons (Parking, Food, etc) could run across the top or bottom and not black out 40% of the map. Between the rectangle and the tiny typeface I find the lower map just about useless, which is really a shame
Push the search button to get rid of the box

Push the search button to get rid of the box
Thanks--tried this, but touching the search box took me to a list of previous destinations. It had no effect on the box that blocks the map....

Thanks--tried this, but touching the search box took me to a list of previous destinations. It had no effect on the box that blocks the map....
Screenshots would help because I have no idea what you're talking about

Touch the magnifying glass button at the bottom of the box that's annoying you, or the other button next to it. It look me a while to figure this out too.

Last edited:
Back