Pilot Screen Navigation- Can you make it stop showing North Up

Venomcoupe

Member

Joined
Jun 13, 2023
Messages
19
Reaction score
3
Cars
2022 Lucid Air Grand Tour
I have looked in Messages but trying to find a way to put pilot screen navigation so the direction i am heading is what is displayed in the pilot screen. So basically the arrow of direction is always pointed up not North up. I have options of 2d and 3d but no setting to change direction.
 
Wait, why would you want to change the direction?
 
Wait, why would you want to change the direction?
Because the top screen the car is facing the direction you’re driving and the bottom screen the car is facing north all the time they are different. Facing North all the time is worthless when it comes to navigation generally you want it to be the direction you’re driving so you see if you turn left or right etc.
 
Because the top screen the car is facing the direction you’re driving and the bottom screen the car is facing north all the time they are different. Facing North all the time is worthless when it comes to navigation generally you want it to be the direction you’re driving so you see if you turn left or right etc.
I actually like having the bottom one facing north. I use it to show an overview of the entire trip and the top one to show the details and particulars of the turns.
 
I actually like having the bottom one facing north. I use it to show an overview of the entire trip and the top one to show the details and particulars of the turns.
Same here. There's some places where the navigation just gets weird. Like on 15S, it keeps telling me to keep right to stay on 15 South after every exit, instead of saying drive 8 miles to the xxxx exit. It's only by glancing at the full map that I can see how far I have left before I'm getting off the freeway.
 
Because the top screen the car is facing the direction you’re driving and the bottom screen the car is facing north all the time they are different. Facing North all the time is worthless when it comes to navigation generally you want it to be the direction you’re driving so you see if you turn left or right etc.
North facing nav, all the time is the way to go! It's how maps were drawn, navigating by Thomas guides.
 
I have looked in Messages but trying to find a way to put pilot screen navigation so the direction i am heading is what is displayed in the pilot screen. So basically the arrow of direction is always pointed up not North up. I have options of 2d and 3d but no setting to change direction.
Select 2D in Pilot panel.
 
Plotting a course then north up
Navigation then course up
We’re not in a boat navigating by compass
 
Buy a Thomas Guide. Screw satellites.

(but be sure to hold right side up ;) )
 
Glad to stumble across this. I thought I just had not found the correct setting, since every single other GPS system has allowed shifting from "north up" to "direction of travel up" since 2010. I just spin it around and it seems to stick for the duration of the trip, so there's that.
 
Back
Top