Wa front license plate

I ordered a personalized plate (MY LCID) 2 months ago from the DMV. I figure if they come months before my Pure, it will be like a joke on my Prius. I ordered the sticker last month. Recently they said the plate is reserved and they will send it when the plates are mailed.
That would work great on a Bolt or Leaf as well!

Also in Seattle and chose not to have front plate installed. Debating about whether to get the stick on plate or not

NH requires a front license plate, and I called our DMV to see if the sticker/wrap would fly: absolutely not. I ended up with the front license plate, because depending on the day and somebody's mood, I could end up with a hassle or a ticket or both. It has had no impact on my enjoyment of driving the car.

The following is not meant to be mean (seriously), but it seems that using a fig leaf of the aerodynamics impact of a front license plate is kinda amusing. It would be interesting to see how many mention efficiency or "drag" of the plate, but get the 21" tires, remove the aero covers on the wheels, or have mastered the "launch mode" and may be the first off the blocks at a light. The only comments I have gotten about my front plate so far are that the car screams for a vanity plate. 😸

The only comments I have gotten about my front plate so far are that the car screams for a vanity plate. 😸

Indeed.

F10533CC-C38E-4640-87CA-B4CA529FB65D.jpeg

I loved that one... do I call you Doris??? :eek:)

Also in Seattle and chose not to have front plate installed. Debating about whether to get the stick on plate or not
I am getting the stick on plate when my plates arrive. Then I will just keep the front plate in the boot of the truck.

I've heard from a couple of Tesla owners who got ticketed in Bellevue, WA for no front plate, but I think they did not have the front plate in the interior of the car with them either. Let's see how this works (especially with Lucid being new and law enforcement maybe not knowing about it as much.

Also a Washington driver. Had a BMW M6 in a past life and no front plate. Got pulled over going over the pass because of it. He said is was State law and to get one installed. I thing he just wanted to look at the car. Anyway, I’d rather avoid those stops so I opted for a front plate. The car does get much attention.

I put the WA front plate on, too. Car gets lots of police attention as it is, but then they look to see who's driving (old, boring-looking guy) and move along ....

I've passed many police living in the Ballard area and remain lucky. I really do not want a front plate on the car

Also a Washington driver. Had a BMW M6 in a past life and no front plate. Got pulled over going over the pass because of it. He said is was State law and to get one installed. I thing he just wanted to look at the car. Anyway, I’d rather avoid those stops so I opted for a front plate. The car does get much attention.
I’m also a Washington driver and very adamant about not having a 64 square inch steel plate stuck in the stagnation point of my Grand Touring messing up the aerodynamics let alone the aesthetics.

Although Washing statues requires a metal plate, I compromised with.a License plate wrap.
Looks good, clean, no impact to the vortexes feeding side coolers and maintains EPA estimated range and unlikely to engender any adverse comments as respect to technical enforcement of Statue. Just too many Tesla’s running around without front plates to worry about a front license plate mounted directly on a vehicle rather one on a steel plate mounted on Vehicle front.

I have not install front license plate in WA for the last 10 years. I only got pull over once for it. But I kept the front license plate in the glovebox. So the police officer let me go that one time.

I also live in Seattle and opted to not mount mine. It’s good to hear about the glovebox as a solution if I do get pulled over. I am curious how many people did the wrap in Washington, because I feel like that gives more attention than simply not having one?

Has anyone been pulled over because they had a wrap?

The wrap is an identical replica of a mounted plate displaying bracket and mounting fasteners.
Indistinguishable with the legal mount with just a casual glance.
If law enforcement accepts a front plate in the glove box, one would surely assume the identical information displayed on the front would more than suffice with far less involvement.

BTW: I understand there is a legislative effort to legalize in Washington as has recently been accomplished in California.

Anyone know if NYS DMV has a problem with vinyl plates?

Was this the wrap you got? https://licenseplatewrap.com/ I have been back and forth just ordering this one and this may have convinced me.
The wrap is an identical replica of a mounted plate displaying bracket and mounting fasteners.
Indistinguishable with the legal mount with just a casual glance.
If law enforcement accepts a front plate in the glove box, one would surely assume the identical information displayed on the front would more than suffice with far less involvement.

BTW: I understand there is a legislative effort to legalize in Washington as has recently been accomplished in California.

The reason the police officer gave me at the time was that they were concerned with people putting the plate on some other cars. I don’t know much truth is in that, but I’ve always leave my front plate in the glove box just in case.

Had a friend pulled over by WSP in her Tesla, was told to get the plate on and send him the picture of it or the ticket would be sent in the mail ( I believe). They put the plate on… I will also…

I believe so. I had to send photo of plate and then options to add mounting plate and mounting screw images.
Actually been unable to pull up original order.
I recall total was around $90. The plate is a spitting image of original.

Back