Front license plate bracket

LucidAT-KC

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I had my Lucid Air Touring delivered without a front license plate bracket. A bracket was in the trunk with no screws. If I decide to mount the bracket, what size screws should I use and should I drill right into the front bumper? 😬😭

Have the service team install it. Where you drill is very important, as the front is extremely tightly packed.

The service people have a template that fits over the bumper, so they know precisely where to drill. Agree with Orange and borski - this is a job for the professionals!

Have the service team install it. Where you drill is very important, as the front is extremely tightly packed.
I had a good laugh at myself over this one. I installed the bracket myself. and it was installed successfully. However, while in the process of drilling holes into my $120k vehicle the thought did occur to me that I had no idea what might be behind the bumper where I was drilling or even what the self-tapping screws might encounter.
In hindsight I realized it was a very stupid thing for me to do. I was just lucky.

I agree! Call service.

Pete

Back